News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: CIAA Members that have Baseball Teams  (Read 999 times)

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: CIAA Members that have Baseball Teams
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 04:33:21 PM »
There are plenty DII schools that play DI in some sports.

Which sports? High revenue sports on low to non revenue generating sports?

"Schools in Divisions II and III are allowed to classify one men's sport and one women's sport as Division I (except for football and basketball), provided that they were sponsoring said sports at Division I level prior to 2011."

•   Bowling
•   Fencing
•   Men's Golf
•   Ice Hockey
•   Volleyball
•   Rifle
•   Skiing
•   Women's Gymnastics
•   Women's Water Polo
•   Wrestling

And with the above criteria of excluding the major revenue generating sports of football & basketball, and the school had to have been sponsoring one of those mid to non revenue generating sports @ the D1 level prior to 2011, provide me that list of qualifying D2 & D3 teams and the sports teams they are currently fielding in D1 today.

This list includes many HBCUs. Most of these sports are not available at the D2 level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Divisions_II_and_III_schools_competing_in_NCAA_Division_I_sports
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:39:15 PM by Ram55 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule