News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Austin Peay football coach Mark Hudspeth resigns after best season in Govs' history  (Read 769 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
This fishy as hell

Austin Peay State University Director of Athletics Gerald Harrison announced that Mark Hudspeth has resigned his duties as head football coach, effective immediately.

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/sports/college/apsu/2020/07/03/austin-peay-football-coach-mark-hudspeth-resigns/5373549002/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Betcha he's a Trumper and ain't feeling all of this BLM stuff.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
There's always some baggage that comes with this guy.  There was something odd when he was here at SLU then suddenly left. I just don't recall what it was.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
There's always some baggage that comes with this guy.  There was something odd when he was here at SLU then suddenly left. I just don't recall what it was.

It had something to do with money being paid to the players.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
^^^?!?!?!.......uhhh, forgive me, but who in the hell is paying money for guys to ball at Austin Peay?

Don’t wish to offend anybody reading my words who may be alums or have ties to Peay (pronounced “pee”), but it is just your average, garden-variety, regional state university. It’s located in Clarksville, TN, about a 40 minutes drive NW of Nashville. Been in Clarksville a bunch of times on business, and have driven around that yard a bunch of times.

They used to be the “dumping ground” for OVC football, but have come on strong the last ten years or so. A lot of black kids from the Nashville area matriculate there, including a few from my church, so maybe those numbers have attracted some skilled negro ballers to enroll there as well.

But “paying” mofos to ball there?.........WOW!!  :o

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
^^^?!?!?!.......uhhh, forgive me, but who in the hell is paying money for guys to ball at Austin Peay?

Don’t wish to offend anybody reading my words who may be alums or have ties to Peay (pronounced “pee”), but it is just your average, garden-variety, regional state university. It’s located in Clarksville, TN, about a 40 minutes drive NW of Nashville. Been in Clarksville a bunch of times on business, and have driven around that yard a bunch of times.

They used to be the “dumping ground” for OVC football, but have come on strong the last ten years or so. A lot of black kids from the Nashville area matriculate there, including a few from my church, so maybe those numbers have attracted some skilled negro ballers to enroll there as well.

This happened when he was a Lousiana Lafayette. Wikipedia is the source.
Louisiana–Lafayette
On December 13, 2010, Hudspeth was named the 26th head football coach at Louisiana–Lafayette.[2] In his first season in 2011, he led a team that finished 3–9 the year before to a 9–4 record and an appearance in the New Orleans Bowl – their first bowl berth since 1970.[7]

He added three more 9–4 seasons under his belt, playing in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl defeating East Carolina in 2012, Tulane in 2013 and Nevada in 2014.[7] However, the NCAA forced Hudspeth to vacate 22 wins from 2011 to 2014, including the 2011 and 2013 New Orleans Bowls and 2013 Sun Belt Conference co-championship, due to NCAA violations involving academic fraud and payments to players by an assistant coach.[9] The Cajuns relieved Hudspeth of his head coaching duties after the conclusion of the 2017 season.[9]
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile

All it takes is a few deep pocket boosters and boom......

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
So, he can pay players and not get a show cause but Bozeman got canned for far less.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
So, he can pay players and not get a show cause but Bozeman got canned for far less.
Now you know those are vastly different institutions

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
I’m talking about when he got in trouble @ Cal Post Jason Kidd & Tony Gonzalez,,,,not at Morgan.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule