News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Expansion is the talk with CIAA and MEAC....  (Read 4288 times)

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion is the talk with CIAA and MEAC....
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
I wish the northern MEAC schools would drop to D2 and team up with the northern CIAA schools.
:lmao:
South Carolina State University

Offline Vegas Viking

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
I don't know where this "looking down at the CIAA" came from excepting a few on this board.  Never heard it at NCCU excepting when person say "we are all in the same boat"  NO   "We are all the same"  YES,        Programs have to maintain certain sports to remain as members unless an associate member.  Some CIAA members say they don't want be in a conference that is drowning (MEAC)   GOOD.    Don't worry , there are only one or two schools capable of making that leap.  There is nothing wrong with D2 if that is your aspiration in assemblage of institutions in a conference of comparable  academic , research and athletic ambitions including growth in programs and enrollment.  Those aforementioned are foundations all conferences aspire when courting new members.  [/b]NCCU has been courted by PWI.   We have faith in ourselves collectively  producing and achieving and  pulling up our own bootstraps.   If you miss the jist then okay.  Some understand and others hate.   If  A&T FAMU BCU and HU moving to a new neighborhood make you feel put down.  Sorry  to the bottom of a heart as can be as to the CIAA and its choices since there is no dog of mine in those fights.   I'll remain in my lane.  Hoping all reach their highest ambitions and highest potential.  If having an inferiority complex about anythings happening  on another campus causing 55 posts, its YOU not your institution.

It isn't surprising you're the first to respond seeing how you've been called out on more than one occasion for having a superiority complex.  You've even cosigned the "Church League" moniker here:

https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=94165.msg765712#msg765712
Went to the game and left after the half.   Too windy and a light drizzle was a bit much.  Mother U fans remained in a warm bed or watched political commercials rather than support the Bears.   They didn't have 300 (and that's pushing it) fans on the home side and WSSU had many vehicles and about 6 buses. Can't be price, because they charged eleven bucks to enter.  $11.00.  Bill Hayes got in hot water once  for parroting a comment from an old friend in jest, and a reporter printed it when referring to CIAA as CHURCH INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.  Leon Kerry fined him.   But in the long run, Bill was right.  A small 20 miles or less trip and 250-300 show support at a home game.  Shaw has QB issues and were outclassed by WSSU today.  Boulware has more talent - especially at QB.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2020, 07:33:57 PM »
Correct.  Bill HAYES was fined by Leon Kerry for the church moniker relative to the  CIAA        :lol:                It was spoken in jest by him IMO but offended Kerry.  I attended that game and appalled at the low turnout for Shaw U,  and the attendance was factual not a put down.  I must add when Shaw play NCCU at NCCU they show up.   Now what happens with the CIAA is their business and that was a long time ago.  I'd have to look up who won what in the last year being far removed in not attending what was once an annual ritual, the CIAA tournament.  The only contacts are  this board.   Typically we play SAU or Shaw, which really isn't a rivalry but a friendly get-together of  neighborly fans from local schools and a good payday for both.  Behind the scenes, NCCU will do whatever it can for both institutions in any manner because of close relationships with  staff at each school.        :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I forgot that moniker.     :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Read it again,  2014   :nod: :nod:  but told the truth. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:2014 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  You made my day    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:38:15 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
I don't know where this "looking down at the CIAA" came from excepting a few on this board.  Never heard it at NCCU excepting when person say "we are all in the same boat"  NO   "We are all the same"  YES,        Programs have to maintain certain sports to remain as members unless an associate member.  Some CIAA members say they don't want be in a conference that is drowning (MEAC)   GOOD.    Don't worry , there are only one or two schools capable of making that leap.  There is nothing wrong with D2 if that is your aspiration in assemblage of institutions in a conference of comparable  academic , research and athletic ambitions including growth in programs and enrollment.  Those aforementioned are foundations all conferences aspire when courting new members.  [/b]NCCU has been courted by PWI.   We have faith in ourselves collectively  producing and achieving and  pulling up our own bootstraps.   If you miss the jist then okay.  Some understand and others hate.   If  A&T FAMU BCU and HU moving to a new neighborhood make you feel put down.  Sorry  to the bottom of a heart as can be as to the CIAA and its choices since there is no dog of mine in those fights.   I'll remain in my lane.  Hoping all reach their highest ambitions and highest potential.  If having an inferiority complex about anythings happening  on another campus causing 55 posts, its YOU not your institution.

It isn't surprising you're the first to respond seeing how you've been called out on more than one occasion for having a superiority complex.  You've even cosigned the "Church League" moniker here:

https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=94165.msg765712#msg765712
Went to the game and left after the half.   Too windy and a light drizzle was a bit much.  Mother U fans remained in a warm bed or watched political commercials rather than support the Bears.   They didn't have 300 (and that's pushing it) fans on the home side and WSSU had many vehicles and about 6 buses. Can't be price, because they charged eleven bucks to enter.  $11.00.  Bill Hayes got in hot water once  for parroting a comment from an old friend in jest, and a reporter printed it when referring to CIAA as CHURCH INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.  Leon Kerry fined him.   But in the long run, Bill was right.  A small 20 miles or less trip and 250-300 show support at a home game.  Shaw has QB issues and were outclassed by WSSU today.  Boulware has more talent - especially at QB.
Now he's going to play both sides. He's the only bird that.does this. Most of the time he's worshipping those sellouts A&T. He acts like NCCU is this monster DI school and they're doing CIAA schools a favor for playing them. He can't see that other than that Sellout University, the CIAA is their biggest rivals.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2020, 09:15:46 PM »
'MOI'   WOW this is amazing.   Your thirst for trifling trills hoping I assuage past pains of lost leaps (what-which ever) may need serious looking into from those trained in that area.  I have several MD's in my family but for physical maladies only which probably won't fit your need.   You need not worry about every move others (conferences) make  with calls for boycotting games and refusal to play as punishment for leaving your perceived status quo of what all HBCU's should imagine themselves based on your mindset of growth that you consider successful.   Look, schools eliminating programs are in NEED OF CONSULTANTS, one of which is in YOUR lane.  If they dismissed your suggestions which upsets your psyche, CHILL.  If you are currently on meds, take the PILL.   No shame.  These post are opinions. It's not this serious.  After the sermon I heard online today.   God Bless You. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:19:22 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
'MOI'   WOW this is amazing.   Your thirst for trifling trills hoping I assuage past pains of lost leaps (what-which ever) may need serious looking into from those trained in that area.  I have several MD's in my family but for physical maladies only which probably won't fit your need.   You need not worry about every move others (conferences) make  with calls for boycotting games and refusal to play as punishment for leaving your perceived status quo of what all HBCU's should imagine themselves based on your mindset of growth that you consider successful.   Look, schools eliminating programs are in NEED OF CONSULTANTS, one of which is in YOUR lane.  If they dismissed your suggestions which upsets your psyche, CHILL.  If you are currently on meds, take the PILL.   No shame.  These post are opinions. It's not this serious.  After the sermon I heard online today.   God Bless You. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:o  well DAYUM,,,,, :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:36 PM »

Did anybody understand anything this F%$#El just said?

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »

You need to stop listening to sermons you don't understand and look at the movie "12 years a slave". God is not responsible for your ignorance.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »

I did. He just basically told yall in other words, that his opinion is his opinion, in a nutshell! And if yall read anything into that, other than that, yall have serious mental issues!  :lmao:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »

Church

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2020, 04:40:31 PM »

I did. He just basically told yall in other words, that his opinion is his opinion, in a nutshell! And if yall read anything into that, other than that, yall have serious mental issues!  :lmao:

I'm just glade he attended A&T instead of WSSU.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »

I'm just glade he attended A&T instead of WSSU.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule