News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Expansion is the talk with CIAA and MEAC....  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion is the talk with CIAA and MEAC....
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 08:31:52 AM »
Again, if Coppin State and UMES had restarted their FCS football teams, the makeup and shakeup would be looking a lot different....and less desperate.  IJS  :shrug:
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 08:51:24 AM »
I wish the northern MEAC schools would drop to D2 and team up with the northern CIAA schools.

Let's hope Dr. Fredrick doesn't see it the same way.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43:38 AM »
I wish the northern MEAC schools would drop to D2 and team up with the northern CIAA schools.

I already made it known I do not see Howard going D2. Dr. Fredrick has no say in Del. State, Morgan, UMES, and Coppin. Norfolk St. should also be in the MEAC core considering the D2 option. By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if NEC ultimately did not see Del. State as a fit, which is why they stayed. I do not see MEAC expanding into the northeastern region of FCS any time soon, whether the conference or individual schools.

All the chatter about the MEAC's history. MEAC started as a D2 conference that moved up. Let's get back to these roots (although I still see NC Central, SC State and maybe Howard as a better fit in FCS / Big South).

The MEAC is thinking who can move up or move over in FCS to get members. Instead MEAC should be thinking maybe we should drop to D2 to expand and grow the conference. Get out of the box.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:19:29 AM by AimHigh »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 10:18:17 AM »

I already made it known I do not see Howard going D2. Dr. Fredrick has no say in Del. State, Morgan, UMES, and Coppin. Norfolk St. should also be in the MEAC core considering the D2 option. By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if NEC ultimately did not see Del. State as a fit, which is why they stayed. I do not see MEAC expanding into the northeastern region of FCS any time soon, whether the conference or individual schools.

All the chatter about the MEAC's history. MEAC started as a D2 conference that moved up. Let's get back to these roots (although I still see NC Central, SC State and maybe Howard as a better fit in FCS / Big South).

The MEAC is thinking who can move up or move over in FCS to get members. Instead MEAC should be thinking maybe we should drop to D2 to expand and grow the conference. Get out of the box.

Do you think Funding would stay the same if a move to D2 happened

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »

I do not know, but I am certain expenses would decrease with this kind of footprint.

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »

I do not know, but I am certain expenses would decrease with this kind of footprint.

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

First of all, the MEAC ain't going anywhere. Secondly, there is no way those CIAA schools would leave the conference just to save the MEAC. There is too much tradition for them to leave. Maybe the CIAA will except a few MEAC schools, but in the format that's currently in place. The CIAA don't live just to rescue the MEAC.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:58:43 PM by Ram55 »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

First of all, the MEAC ain't going anywhere. Secondly, there is no way those CIAA schools would leave the conference just to save the MEAC. There is too much tradition for them to leave. Maybe the CIAA will except a few MEAC schools, but in the format that's currently in place. The CIAA don't live just to rescue the MEAC.

THE CIAA. THE FIRST HBCU CONFERENCE, REMEMBER THAT!!!
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

HELLO! :popcorn:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 01:58:10 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

Amen!  I think he is having a difficult time understanding this. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 02:58:48 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

If your leadership is sensitive, passive and stale in its thinking as you are hoping trust me that the schools in Durham and Winston will be chasing NC A&T athletically and academically for another 50 years. :tiptoe:

I like Frederick but hopefully he will put his brains into innovation and not stagnation.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 03:20:14 PM »
Ram55 yeh it may be that 3 years from now many of the remaining MEAC schools will need to join the CIAA. I do not disagree with that and consider it positive. But the notion that the MEAC is secure is willful blindness.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 06:05:37 PM »
Ram55 yeh it may be that 3 years from now many of the remaining MEAC schools will need to join the CIAA. I do not disagree with that and consider it positive. But the notion that the MEAC is secure is willful blindness.

AimHigh- I truly understand your thought process. Yes, the MEAC is reeling right now. HOWEVER, HBCU sports and the black community can't afford to lose the MEAC. Our two HBCU division I conferences has been functioning as a side division in the NCAA. They need each other like salt and pepper. We need both of them, they are our pillars for cultural and educational needs. I hope we don't let sports mess this up.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 06:27:33 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

If your leadership is sensitive, passive and stale in its thinking as you are hoping trust me that the schools in Durham and Winston will be chasing NC A&T athletically and academically for another 50 years. :tiptoe:

I like Frederick but hopefully he will put his brains into innovation and not stagnation.

One more point about your comment about "NCCU and WSSU chasing A&T". Do you think that either of these two schools would rather play in the CIAA tournament or the Big South's? Play Campbell or anybody in the CIAA? Who would you rather watch? You're from a school that doesn't really have any HBCU traditions, so you think wanting to be like white schools is the way to go. Some of us like being black. :nono2:

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

One more point about your comment about "NCCU and WSSU chasing A&T". Do you think that either of these two schools would rather play in the CIAA tournament or the Big South's? Play Campbell or anybody in the CIAA? Who would you rather watch? You're from a school that doesn't really have any HBCU traditions, so you think wanting to be like white schools is the way to go. Some of us like being black. :nono2:

I would rather be playing Hampton and A&T home-home than UMES and Coppin to answer your question.

I love the Battle of the Real HU if you don't know much about our HBCU traditions at Howard!

No shade, but I don't need to go to a b-ball game against Coppin to feel black. ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:43:57 PM by AimHigh »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

Lincoln
Delaware St.
Morgan St.
Bowie St.
Coppin St.
UMES
Virginia Union
Virginia St.
Norfolk St.
Elizabeth City St.

I would rather be playing Hampton and A&T home-home than UMES and Coppin to answer your question.

I love the Battle of the Real HU if you don't know much about our HBCU traditions!

No shade, but I don't need to go to a b-ball game in Coppin to feel black. ::)

That's  not tradition. Tradition is the CIAA. Thats why all the schools that left the CI still come back to the real homecoming. Trust me when I tell you that both NCCU and WSSU are the Mother's of them all. Howard is outside looking in and losing ya'll to an white conference doesn't really hurt Black College sports. Now if NCCU left for the Big South, that would really hurt the soul of our people. A&T leaving does hurt. They had become the Mother School of the HBCU world.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule