1. Prenups were out when they got married. So
2. They were married in California and they now have a long term marriage (10+ years). She will automatically get 50% of marital assets (homes, vehicles, stocks, bonds, businesses, cash). And she should. Plus she will likely get alimony to maintain the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed.
3. He did more to Dee Barnes than beat on her. I watched an interview she did. She intimated that he raped her after he beat her. What's more, no one came to her rescue or called for help. He beat her at an industry party in front of a crowd.
4. Dee Barnes career was ruined by him.
5. Write the check, he will still be a millionaire after he does.