News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Top Liberty players enter transfer portal due to 'racial insensitivity'  (Read 945 times)

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Top LU football players enter transfer portal due to 'racial insensitivity'

by Elizabeth TyreeMonday, June 22nd 2020

The two were rising sophomores and were expected to both be starters this season.

Clark, from Virginia Beach, wrote "this decision has been well thought out and prayed on. This decision is simply bigger than football or the program."

According to stats, Clark started at corner as a true freshman in 2019 and played in all 13 games.

Land, also from Virginia Beach, is the highest rated recruit in school history. Football stats show he joined the program as a four-star rated prospect and played in 11 games as a true freshman.

https://wset.com/news/local/top-lu-football-players-enter-transfer-portal-due-to-racial-insensitivity

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :clap: :clap:........and, trust, unless these boys are planning to transfer to an HBCU football program, whatever “racial insensitivities” they faced/confronted at Liberty will recur at their next stop.

Believe DAT shyt!!  :shrug:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
The they should transfer to A&T and help us beat Liberty

I'm not buying the racial issues tho. Liberty has always been that way

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
KUDOS to these youngsters cause we all know MOST will stay and play and look THE OTHER WAY.  ::)
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Hopefully this trend will continue

Offline OgRamBall3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Lets look on this as an awakening of our black athletes and hope it continues and spreads among others.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The they should transfer to A&T and help us beat Liberty

I'm not buying the racial issues tho. Liberty has always been that way

I agree with you. Them transferring to A&T would be epic.  :nod:

Offline Blue N Gold

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The fellows from Liberty are coming home(HBCUs). :lmao:

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
They shouldn't have went there in the first place, IMHO.  :shrug: I hope they do transfer to A&T and then A&T beats Liberty like a drum. If they did transfer to an FCS from a FBS, can they play immediately, of do they have to sit out a season?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Liberty University ?  Come on.   They had to know that cultural setting, that even white students find challenging.  They got slapped awake.   If they came from a strong background with good parents ,Liberty would be uphill in turning the other cheek - should you accept four years of being IT.   I wouldn't send my child there as a Black American.  NOT!  If not for the federal funds availed to LU which encourages diversity in student population YOU would NOT have a place on that campus nor welcomed.  If you didn't see that prior to signing, shame on you.    :tiptoe:  Four years of college should be the best four years of your life. It was for me.  Not too late . Correct IT.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:49:02 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I really don't see much difference in Liberty than any other PWS. Most of these schools has about 70% black participating in the revenue sports, but their overall student population is about 5%. This tells me that they don't really want you on their campuses. If they did, there would be a larger percent of blacks in the general population. Do you really think that these schools want us there? They love you on the fields and courts, but hate you when they vote.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
They shouldn't have went there in the first place, IMHO.  :shrug: I hope they do transfer to A&T and then A&T beats Liberty like a drum. If they did transfer to an FCS from a FBS, can they play immediately, of do they have to sit out a season?

immediatly

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Many people want to think that we are a Post Racial period.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
Many people want to think that we are a Post Racial period.

....and we aren't...its just RACIAL period. 

Maybe POST Slavery but thats about it.
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Liberty University ?  Come on.   They had to know that cultural setting, that even white students find challenging.  They got slapped awake.   If they came from a strong background with good parents ,Liberty would be uphill in turning the other cheek - should you accept four years of being IT.   I wouldn't send my child there as a Black American.  NOT!  If not for the federal funds availed to LU which encourages diversity in student population YOU would NOT have a place on that campus nor welcomed.  If you didn't see that prior to signing, shame on you.    :tiptoe:  Four years of college should be the best four years of your life. It was for me.  Not too late . Correct IT.

When Falwell, Sr. was in-charge, I knew two White kids who were kicked out of school for having a party at their own apartment several miles off campus in Bedford County.  Supposedly, some kids who stayed on-campus had gotten drunk at the party.  When they return back to campus, someone reported that they were drunk. Falwell, Sr. investigated the matter and found out that two White kids living off campus gave the party.  He expelled the two kids living off campus for having a party at their apartment.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule