News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: All These HBCU Homecomings Cancellations  (Read 1449 times)

Offline hbcu

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
All These HBCU Homecomings Cancellations
« on: June 18, 2020, 03:10:44 PM »
Some HBCU’s will be operating in the red soon.  No Homecomings means no Alumni sponsorship.  It’s going to be very rough for some schools.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • WEEKEND, BABY!
    • View Profile
Re: All These HBCU Homecomings Cancellations
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »
You can throw DaHouse into that too. 

Streetz izzz talking 

:popcorn:

WEEKEND MOOD

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
Winston-Salem State announced that the Tuskegee game is not going to be a homecoming game as planned.
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 04:48:50 PM »
Some HBCU’s will be operating in the red soon.  No Homecomings means no Alumni sponsorship.  It’s going to be very rough for some schools.

Hoepfully the alums will donate a portion of what they alloted for their Homecoming Budget back to their respective schools.  Especially the money that would have been spent on hotels, travel, food, parties, etc. that wouldn't have being going to the schools anyway.

Online JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 05:52:52 PM »
The backyard cookouts are going to be off the chain on October 31st.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Hopefully the alums will donate a portion of what they alloted for their Homecoming Budget back to their respective schools.  Especially the money that would have been spent on hotels, travel, food, parties, etc. that wouldn't have being going to the schools anyway.

Yes.  :nod:
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »

???

You better be following virus protocols that may be in effect.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Online JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 10:18:55 PM »

???

You better be following virus protocols that may be in effect.

Less than 25 people right now in North Carolina

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 07:54:26 AM »
 Between the lack of national leadership and Republican governors listening to Trump, more than just homecoming will be cancelled..

Online FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 12:17:19 PM »
Between the lack of national leadership and Republican governors listening to Trump, more than just homecoming will be cancelled..

Unfortunately, you may be right on the money.

As time goes on, I am having a hard time thinking  that there will be any football...College or pro. If it takes a year to get things right and for things to not be so dangerous, then so be it. I am with it. Cancel.

I am thinking this way with all of the sports (especially team sports, you can work your way around individual sports a little more). People in power are really not taking this thing serious enough. Seems like so far, the coronavirus doesn't give a dang about your plans, hopes, and dreams.

And until we can get an effective vaccine, good ol' Rona will keep dictating what happens, and not the other way around. Too bad most "leaders" don't see this. :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 12:21:22 PM »

Your crush on your president, Donald John Trump, is disturbing.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »

As time goes on, I am having a hard time thinking  that there will be any football...College or pro. If it takes a year to get things right and for things to not be so dangerous, then so be it. I am with it. Cancel.

I am thinking this way with all of the sports (especially team sports, you can work your way around individual sports a little more). People in power are really not taking this thing serious enough. Seems like so far, the coronavirus doesn't give a dang about your plans, hopes, and dreams.

And until we can get an effective vaccine, good ol' Rona will keep dictating what happens, and not the other way around. Too bad most "leaders" don't see this. :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

FunkCKMaster - All this could not have come at a worse time for your Dogs. This could/can be the best year in football your school has ever had. Sure one year off might not change how good you can be, but these winning streaks come in waves. Who knows how much longer ya'll have. The fact that you are willing to give all that up for people to be safe says a lot about your character.  :bow:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
:nod:.....

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 04:29:04 PM »

Many us are donating our funds the athletics programs.

Online FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 09:47:42 AM »

FunkCKMaster - All this could not have come at a worse time for your Dogs. This could/can be the best year in football your school has ever had. Sure one year off might not change how good you can be, but these winning streaks come in waves. Who knows how much longer ya'll have. The fact that you are willing to give all that up for people to be safe says a lot about your character.  :bow:

Bro. I would like to live a nice long fulfilling life. So far, so good. To be bluntly honest, I don't give a good beaver's dam about our program compared to the overall health of this nation, and this world. Why risk having our lives cut short over some danged football. As much as I love sports in general and the role sports has played in my life as an athlete,fan, coach,journalist,critic etc., sports PALES in comparison to real life, at least IMHO. I am not willing to risk my health and safety to watch folks run around chasing a ball (as my dear grandmother would call sports, chasin' a ball).

When this stuff gets somewhat ironed out, then we will see what's what. I don't see student-athletes shying away from BSU because of this, anymore than I see other student-athletes shying away from their schools of choice. We gonna be aight. Legacies, momentum and dynasties are secondary to me bro. at this particular point in time. This is some really jacked up stuff we are currently dealing with. Straight up.

That being said, I truly appreciate your assessment of my character, as I see I have fooled you as well. ;) :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:36:18 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule