News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Can the CIAA grab some MEAC teams  (Read 5526 times)

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can the CIAA grab some MEAC teams
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2020, 10:29:55 PM »
WHAT?  If this happen, I will not support the CB. :vomit:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2020, 10:35:22 PM »
Come on.  The Celebration Bowl is the champions of the SWAC vs MEAC.  Hampton nor A&T nor TSU get an invite. 

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2020, 05:01:16 AM »
Come on.  The Celebration Bowl is the champions of the SWAC vs MEAC.  Hampton nor A&T nor TSU get an invite.

We have no idea what is being negotiated for the contract renewal. Since the bowl has been referred to simultaneously as between the champions of the MEAC and the SWAC and the "HBCU championship," it wouldn't be much of a stretch to reframe it as being between the #1 and #2 ranked HBCU in a 'poll'.

SWAC Commissioner:

“There are other FCS conferences inquiring about how they can be a part of a bowl game that the SWAC and MEAC are participating in. It really tells you how far this game has come,” said SWAC commissioner Charles McClelland.

https://theundefeated.com/features/an-hbcu-bowl-game-wins-out-over-ncaa-playoffs/

Uh huh. . . Big South. . . OVC. 

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:21 AM »
Not going to happen.  The Celebration Bowl is between the two premier conferences of HBCUdom.  The MEAC & SWAC champions.  NUFF SAID!!  We create in our minds scenario for discussion that is not happening nor considered.  A&T, Hampton and Tenn State are OUTSIDE that loop.  Should they win their conferences to the playoffs they are obligated to compete in the FCS national championship.  Celebration Bowl,  a better fit financially for NCCU a school that participated in both FCS championship and CBowl.  PROVEN FIT.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:35:33 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2020, 09:37:34 AM »
It sounds funny my saying this, but right now the MEAC is NCCU.  :shrug:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »
NCCU is NOT the MEAC.   Many outstanding schools are affiliates.  NCCU is one of many.  What is funny about that? I have no inkling but who in your mind is the CIAA?   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:12:12 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 10:47:09 AM »

We have no idea what is being negotiated for the contract renewal. Since the bowl has been referred to simultaneously as between the champions of the MEAC and the SWAC and the "HBCU championship," it wouldn't be much of a stretch to reframe it as being between the #1 and #2 ranked HBCU in a 'poll'.

SWAC Commissioner:

“There are other FCS conferences inquiring about how they can be a part of a bowl game that the SWAC and MEAC are participating in. It really tells you how far this game has come,” said SWAC commissioner Charles McClelland.

https://theundefeated.com/features/an-hbcu-bowl-game-wins-out-over-ncaa-playoffs/

Uh huh. . . Big South. . . OVC.

Lol glad to see your paying attention. Just keep watching lol

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »

:shrug:    Please explain?
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »
If A&T and Hampton are allowed to play in the Celebration Bowl, then the top teams in the CIAA and SIAC should also be allowed to play in The Celebration Bowl.  At least they are HBCU's, that did not sell out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 01:29:04 PM by B-more Eagle »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »
If A&T and Hampton are allowed to play in the Celebration Bowl, then the top teams in the CIAA and SIAC should also be allowed to play in The Celebration Bowl.  At least they are HBCU's, that did not sell out.

Im sure Harvey and Martin are pleading their case.   I know I would if I were a president or commissioner.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »

Wait!! Let me get my   cause the bullsh!t is aout to get deep!!
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »

It can't be explained by that poster.  Will add that NCCU went to the playoffs and we spent $$$$$$$ to travel across the country to compete, spending all we made.  You can have that if that's all you're offered.   Our conference situation with the Celebration Bowl is a great fit.  Thats all need  to be said on that matter.  :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
Wait!! Let me get my   cause the bullsh!t is aout to get deep!!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »
$1,000,000.00  up front for EACH participating school (champions of MEAC /SWAC). Never those figures in the playoff.    Besides, Southern nor Grambling care for preparing for the playoff because of greater guarantees of the Bayou Classic allowing fans from both squads a year to prepare for rooms and tickets at Thanksgiving and rain not a factor in curbing attendance .   That is the secret of their success.  UPFRONT TIME AND KNOWN PARTICIPANTS ON SAME DAY in indoor dome!  No bad hair day game.   :lmao:

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2020, 10:28:15 PM »
And when either Hampton and A&T go 2-0 against the MEAC but fail to win the Big South; they're going to receive the Celebration Bowl bid. 

It can happen as soon as 2021. Does it make sense for multiple MEAC teams to play them, after that happens?

This is not a problem, no one in the MEAC will play A&T or Hampton

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:47 AM »
And when either Hampton and A&T go 2-0 against the MEAC but fail to win the Big South; they're going to receive the Celebration Bowl bid. 

It can happen as soon as 2021. Does it make sense for multiple MEAC teams to play them, after that happens?

This is not a problem, no one in the MEAC will play A&T or Hampton

I am for this. Really...
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule