News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Caylin Newton transfers to Auburn  (Read 504 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Caylin Newton transfers to Auburn
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »
I knew this months ago. Glad for him and wish him well.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:34:13 PM »
He was not getting enough playing time at Howard?

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:32 AM »
WTF? He was the starting QB! He is not the only player that left Howard recently.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 04:08:03 AM »
WTF? He was the starting QB! He is not the only player that left Howard recently.

Perhaps there is more to this story. Ya think?????

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 09:02:18 AM »
Gents he  has one or two years of eligibility left.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 01:00:31 PM »
This a special young man. He did his thing and graduated in three years. He carried himself with great class and I wish him nothing but the best as he now can play ball closer to home while getting another degree

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
???.........guys, I am simply confused about some of the commentary here.

We discussed on this board several months ago AT LENGTH about this boy’s separation from Howard’s football program because of issues he and others on the roster had with their new HC. That HC has since been removed, and Caylin is now announcing his affiliation with the school where Big Brother led them to the national championship and to a Heisman Trophy.

Mofos are commenting like they are just hearing about this boy’s separation from Howard for the first time. And why is it even surprising that he will ball for Auburn for the reasons I’ve already cited?

What am I missing here?  :shrug:

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 16 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 10:07:34 PM »

We discussed on this board several months ago AT LENGTH about this boy’s separation from Howard’s football program because of issues he and others on the roster had with their new HC. That HC has since been removed, and Caylin is now announcing his affiliation with the school where Big Brother led them to the national championship and to a Heisman Trophy.

Mofos are commenting like they are just hearing about this boy’s separation from Howard for the first time. And why is it even surprising that he will ball for Auburn for the reasons I’ve already cited?

U are not missin anything Strike79, these posters are just not reading/up on what happened at Howard U, including the dismissal/resignation of the head coach and the Total Number of Football Players that enter the Transfer Portal under said Head Coach, Tutelage... 

Chock It Up On Interest - Small Minds - Conference Affiliation - Knowledge/Interest in ALL Things HBCU, ETC...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:09:11 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others  that it's Not...

Online oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 10:28:53 PM »

wish him the best of luck, but he'll be lucky to ever see the football field in a real game as a qb at auburn.  pretty obvious he's gonna have to prove himself just to get on the field at auburn, much less start.

dude really must have confidence in himself because he could've easily found a starting job at an fcs school...

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 10:51:23 PM »
He wanted to attend Auburn out of high school. But, Malzahn wasn't trying to give a scholarship to a 5'11 Quarterback.  :brickwall:

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:31 AM »

wish him the best of luck, but he'll be lucky to ever see the football field in a real game as a qb at auburn.  pretty obvious he's gonna have to prove himself just to get on the field at auburn, much less start.

dude really must have confidence in himself because he could've easily found a starting job at an fcs school...”.
???......no disrespect, bruh, but your comment suggests this boy is just gonna show up on the Plains, wholly resting on Big Brother’s legacy and laurels.  You state stuff like this boy has “to prove himself,” and “must have confidence in himself“.

Well......HELL YEAH!! This boy set BOTH Bison AND Meac football on fire during his short stint under center for the Bison. He was freaking Meac Player of the Year. Wouldn’t that give YOU confidence you can play QB in the SEC?

Look, I don’t know what the exchanges/interactions have been with other schools prior to this boy making this announcement about Auburn. No doubt Mr. Newton, Sr. has been involved as he was for Cam after Cam was kicked off the Gators roster.

But, I gotta tell you, I have been on Howard’s yard and I have been on the Plains. They are, culturally, LIGHT YEARS apart. If this boy wants to go down there and ball for those bible and gun ‘toting peckerwoods, then........God bless him.  :o

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 07:45:19 AM »

People have very short memories here. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 09:58:53 AM »

dude really must have confidence in himself because he could've easily found a starting job at an fcs school...”.
???......no disrespect, bruh, but your comment suggests this boy is just gonna show up on the Plains, wholly resting on Big Brother’s legacy and laurels.  You state stuff like this boy has “to prove himself,” and “must have confidence in himself“.

Well......HELL YEAH!! This boy set BOTH Bison AND Meac football on fire during his short stint under center for the Bison. He was freaking Meac Player of the Year. Wouldn’t that give YOU confidence you can play QB in the SEC?

Look, I don’t know what the exchanges/interactions have been with other schools prior to this boy making this announcement about Auburn. No doubt Mr. Newton, Sr. has been involved as he was for Cam after Cam was kicked off the Gators roster.

But, I gotta tell you, I have been on Howard’s yard and I have been on the Plains. They are, culturally, LIGHT YEARS apart. If this boy wants to go down there and ball for those bible and gun ‘toting peckerwoods, then........God bless him.  :o

first of all, you calling him a "boy" is more disrespectful than me saying he won't see the field at auburn. 

secondly, anybody who thinks the level of "competition" in the meac is anywhere remotely close to the level of competition in the most talented and competitive conference in the country which happens to be the "sec", either needs their "head examined" or else they must be on that "stuff"!

thirdly, if auburn respected his game so much, they would've offered him a "scholarship" rather than have him "walk-on" and pay his own way.

i don't know what kool-aid you're drinking, but you must have too much "sugar" in it.  i'm not disrespecting the brutha, rather i wish him the absolute best.  but at the same time, let's be real.  as much as i luv the meac, comparing meac football to the "best" college football conference in america is absolute "nutts"!!  :brickwall:

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 10:31:24 AM »
 :no:.......you almost TOTALLY disregarded just about everything I stated cuz you likely have an inferiority complex being a negro man in America. And you are uncomfortable if other black folks achieve certain levels of success.

You have this EXALTED view of the SEC, seemingly oblivious to the legion of black ballers who have been and continue to be CRUCIAL in raising that conference to the profile it has today. Yes, I would have liked to have seen an obviously talented QB like Caylin play for another HBCU. But if it doesn’t work out for him on the Plains, so be it. But I certainly won’t be reveling in the fact if things do NOT go well, as no doubt you most certainly would.  :shrug:

Referring to Caylin Newton as “boy” is simply a “colloquialism,” prevalent in the south, that I use all the time referencing men of EVERY stripe. But, again, the use of the word conjures up certain negative connotations for “old black dudes” like you, and I get that as well.

Btw, from one old dude to another, there is nothing “admirable” about an older brutha hatin’ on a younger brutha for pursuing opportunities that were simply not available to an older generation of black men.

Again, trust me, I know.  :(

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=