News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: All-Time SIAC Football Champions  (Read 748 times)

Offline Utopia

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: All-Time SIAC Football Champions
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 10:40:34 PM »
Albany State won the SIAC Championship in 2010, not Tuskegee. However, Tuskegee's SIAC championships should be 31, not 30.
112 SIAC Titles; Elite 8 Men's Basketball '14; SIAC Softball Champs '14, '15 & "16; NCAA WBB Title Game '82; NCAA Football Playoffs, '13, '14 , '15  & '16; 31 SIAC Football Titles; 8 HBCU Football National Titles; Only HBCU with nearly 700 football wins (699); 7 USA Olympians-'48, '52, '56, '60

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »
That should have been obvious. Four championships in the 1920's. None again until 1979 and the upper level lower level split. As I said in a previous post, Dr. Mays kept us open when he had been advised to close the school for World War II. After then, everyone including my uncle who later became a vice president of the alumni association and all of the ex jocks greatly admired him.

Dr. Mays nickname was not "Buck Benny" for nothing. He thought that you should participate in athletics for fun. There was absolutely no money spent on athletic scholarships.
What's obvious to me is that y'all were not the best football program in the conference. How in the world do you attribute the 17 years of not winning prior to and 27 years after his departure on Dr. Mays????  That makes absolutely no sense. :no: :shrug:
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2020, 07:46:33 AM »
that was waaaay before my time obviously.

I do remember A&M and MoBrown dragging us up and down the field season after season. I hated yall so much for that.  :lmao:

Ike Sr was taking me to games in the 70s and early 80s [I entered Da'House in 82] and it was just always UGLY!!!   :brickwall:

Miles was worse than DaHouse back then. BUT LOOK AT MILES NOW!!! :bow:

I didn't see winning seasons until the 90's and later.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:53:06 AM by Jay_Thomas »

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 09:28:02 AM »
What is there not to understand? As I said previously, Tuskegee won 11 of the next seventeen SIAC championships between our last championship in 1923 and 1940. Even in our one lost year in 1930, we lost to Tuskegee. Obviously, there were six years in which Tuskegee did not win the championship, but it was not Morehouse.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »
I would like to know how did this become a question of Morehouse being the best team in the conference? Who said that? Whoever said it did not attend Morehouse?

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »
Albany State won the SIAC Championship in 2010, not Tuskegee. However, Tuskegee's SIAC championships should be 31, not 30.

I knew the Dean would set the record straight... :nod: ;D

Teeny and Little

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »
What is there not to understand? As I said previously, Tuskegee won 11 of the next seventeen SIAC championships between our last championship in 1923 and 1940. Even in our one lost year in 1930, we lost to Tuskegee. Obviously, there were six years in which Tuskegee did not win the championship, but it was not Morehouse.
?????  Didn't you say Morehouse was a powerhouse until Dr, Mays???? I'm trying to figure out when that was.  Never mind, communicating with you is like communicating with a drunk man. :no:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 10:24:28 AM »
I would like to know how did this become a question of Morehouse being the best team in the conference? Who said that? Whoever said it did not attend Morehouse?
YOU said that Morehouse was a POWERHOUSE and said/implied Dr. Mays stopped it.  Maybe you should read what you posted.  :shrug:

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 11:22:11 AM »
I know what I wrote. And it was nothing that you stated. I am finished with this.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »
Gentleman Gentlemen,settle down. The important thing is our Teams won this Conference Historic Championship. All this powerhouse and Benjamin Mays talk is for the Birds.I use to have dreams of Miles winning SIAC Championships and look at us now.So let us look at how to make sure that the SIAC will thrive in the Future. There are teams like Lane,Kentucky State,Benedict,Central State,and Savannah State that has never been SIAC Football Champs and at some point in time on the SIAC Hour Glass they'll be on the SIAC Football Championship List. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
Well spoken Miles BearI. What I was really hoping for was a football season this year. I thought we had a good recruiting year. I wanted us to have that early season game with you in Mobile because it would tell much. But Dr. Mays keeping us open during World War II when he had been advised not to looms very large in my mind. I fear for not only HBCUs but all small colleges and maybe some larger ones as well because of this coronavirus.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
I know what I wrote. And it was nothing that you stated. I am finished with this.

Just wanted you to know that was eight for Morehouse. That is why many Morehouse Men from my uncle's day did not like President Mays. After he came, our time as a football powerhouse were over.

^^^You said the part in red right. Then next post you attributed it to graduates from your Uncle's time. I guess you lied misspoke :shrug:

What I said was many Morehouse graduates from my uncle's time did not like Dr, Mays because that was the end of our days as a football powerhouse. My uncle was an all conference center. There is a stature of President Mays in the center of the campus. All Morehouse Men are aware of his contributions.
Then you changed from powerhouse to competitive.
We are sixth on the all time list and we have not won a championship since we tied with Fisk in 1923. Tuskegee won 11 of the next 17  championships and were the dominant football team in the conference at that time. But Morehouse was still competitive and that is why the old Columbus Classic now the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic was such a big game. Is there a question about what I said?

I should add that I also had a uncle who was a star on the 1941 Morris Brown team that won the "Mythical Negro National Championship".

I questioned two things (1) When were you a powerhouse and (2) How is Dr. Mays responsible for you not being one 17 years before he got there and 27 years after he left. You answered neither.

So no I don't know what you are talking about (and it seems neither do you) because debating you on a subject is almost as bad as debating y.  ::) Now I'm done with this.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2020, 12:01:43 AM »
Very Good!

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=