News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Zion Williamson asked to admit parents received money, gifts from Duke, Nike and  (Read 989 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline Blue N Gold

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I hope he doesn't say a word whether they did or didn't accept anything. :nono2:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • WEEKEND, BABY!
    • View Profile

WEEKEND MOOD

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
What was the kid's name from USC a few years back that was in the same predicament? Reggie Bush??

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

this sounds like "sour grapes" to me on the part of zion's former marketing representative...

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

this sounds like "sour grapes" to me on the part of zion's former marketing representative...

I agree with you on that. But now Duke needs to be looking over their shoulder, because an investigation is sure to come.
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile

I agree with you on that. But now Duke needs to be looking over their shoulder, because an investigation is sure to come.

As long as Coach K got some Just For Men hair dye and oxygen in his lungs, the NCAA ain’t coming for Duke men’s hoops at all....

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

As long as Coach K got some Just For Men hair dye and oxygen in his lungs, the NCAA ain’t coming for Duke men’s hoops at all....

I don't know about that. I used to think UNC was untouchable. Look at them now, especially football.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Of course they got money, a job, and a house.

I think Willie Gary is representing Ford.  They should settle and get this out of the news media.  If a non-biased sports journalist started snooping . . whew. . 

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

I think Willie Gary is representing Ford.  They should settle and get this out of the news media.  If a non-biased sports journalist started snooping . . whew. . 

What you think on the first agent’s lawsuit? I’m leaning toward the agent.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

What you think on the first agent’s lawsuit? I’m leaning toward the agent.

I can't call it for sure, but I think she's got a good case.  Especially since she gave his family an advance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:46:59 PM by WileECoyote06 »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • WEEKEND, BABY!
    • View Profile
Zion should tell everyone to go screw themselves!  ::)

The nerve and audacity...as much $$$ as schools and the ncaa makes off of these kids.

man please, I don't blame them for taking any $$$ that they can get it. In fact, get all you can while you can.

JUST STFU about it.Period!!!

WEEKEND MOOD

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I just want the NCAA to keep that same energy it had when it gave UNC a light tap on the wrist for all their various misdoings.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
This is about Duke getting away with 'high-level' recruiting while other blue blood and next-tier P5 programs are being investigated. 

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/05/11/zion-williamson-lawsuit/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/zion-williamson-lawsuit-agent-duke-explained/15av17fnk80a5178k7elcunsqr

Zion doesn't have to answer any questions now, but if it goes to court; Duke and its Nike proxies are going to get called to the stand. 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule