News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Delaware State & East Tennessee State Agree To 2-year Football Series  (Read 281 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Dover, Del. --- Delaware State and East Tennessee State of the Division I FCS Southern Conference have agreed to a two-year football series beginning in 2021.del st east tenn

Under the agreement, the Hornets and Buccaneers will meet for the first time ever on Sep. 18, 2021 at ETSU’s William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium in Johnson City, Tenn. The second contest is set for Sep. 24, 2022 at Delaware State’s Alumni Stadium.

The addition of East Tennessee State to Delaware State’s 2021 and ’22 football schedules fills a void created by North Carolina A&T’s decision to leave the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference for the Big South Conference following the 2020-21 academic year

https://onnidan.com/prime-sports/football/17-fb-news/6929-del-state-east-tennessee-state-agree-to-two-year-football-series.html

:popcorn:   Well....allrighty then!

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Good to se that programs continue to move forward and build out the best quality schedule for the future.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Great , now i hope Del State can win on of these games

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???......what’s the rationale for this series? Some kind of “cultural exchange” or something?  :shrug:

ETSU is located in Johnson City, up in the mountains in the northeast corner of Rocky Top. Is the expectation that when Del State goes to their home stadium, they will also drag the band along to “entertain” those folks?

Somebody please break this down for a brutha.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
???......what’s the rationale for this series? Some kind of “cultural exchange” or something?  :shrug:

ETSU is located in Johnson City, up in the mountains in the northeast corner of Rocky Top. Is the expectation that when Del State goes to their home stadium, they will also drag the band along to “entertain” those folks?

:lol: @ Strike.  Well bruh.... 2 things here:

1) bands are at the games to entertain.Period.

2)
ETSU? WHY? My guess is maybe for the date
 they needed to fill, the pickings were slim...
VERY slim... ETSU SLIM.  ;D

I'm just sayin....

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

There is a good number of black people at ETSU, and in Johnson City. They claim that because East Tenn. did not leave the Union during the Civil War, many blacks came there to escape from slavery.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
 :shrug:  a GOOD number of Black people at ETSU?

Please define 'Good Number' :shrug:

ETSU's Black enrollment is around 7% out of a total enrollment around 14K

....and as for Johnson City, maybe 4000+ Blacks living there.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

what i don't like is that whenever we reach a home-n-home agreement with pwc's, we always seemingly have to travel to the pwc first instead of vice versa...

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
 ;D  oleschoolaggie, that gives them time to figure out how to back out of travelling to...THE BLACK COLLEGE.  ::)

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
:shrug:  a GOOD number of Black people at ETSU?

Please define 'Good Number' :shrug:

ETSU's Black enrollment is around 7% out of a total enrollment around 14K

....and as for Johnson City, maybe 4000+ Blacks living there.

I have no idea how many blacks are on ETSU campus.  One of my relatives when to school there in 1969, and I did not feel out of place when I visited.

I have family members who live in Johnson City, and I do not know the total number of people that live in the city, or what percentage of them are black. 

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Bmore Eagle, thats why I was puzzled when you stated:

"There is a good number of black people at ETSU, and in Johnson City "

Out of 14K students at ETSU, there are a little over 1000 Black students.

Wasn't picking on you or anything, just wanted some clarity.

I got it.
  ;)

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=