News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Opinion: Clemson’s powerful football coach fumbles on coronavirus  (Read 284 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I give his program a lot of credit for where it is now after two national titles, but he needs to heed the warnings about the virus.

-----

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ad4fcb8a-be76-341f-a870-87792d48fc92/clemson%e2%80%99s-powerful-football.html

Opinion: Clemson’s powerful football coach fumbles on coronavirus

Published: April 6, 2020 at 7:37 a.m. ET
By Jennifer Trivedi
The risk of Dabo Swinney’s behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic

Many American college football coaches have been speaking out about the importance of listening to official instructions about the coronavirus and its resulting COVID-19 illness — instructions like washing hands and staying home whenever possible.

Clemson University head coach Dabo Swinney seems to be bucking the trend. Not only has he not released a public service announcement (PSA) asking people to stay home, but he has openly discussed his own vacation travel and plans, as Dennis Dodd described on CBSSports.com:

“The coach also noted that his family has traveled once to Florida via private plane for vacation and may do so [again] for Easter. ‘The plane was sanitized,’ he said. ‘We don’t have any concern.’”

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion: Clemson’s powerful football coach fumbles on coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »
Its not Virginia, North Carolina or Maryland.  ITS SOUTH CAROLINA.!  When crossing  state lines, you know immediately. Why are you shocked.  To them, just a team of Negroes. Lose them, you go out and get more.   :tiptoe:

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
I listened to an interview of Swinney yesterday, and he "expressed" a lot of optimism.  Now, I see the glass half full but know full well that one needs to listen to professionals in matters like these.  It sounded like Swinney was using hopeful optimism more so than something realistic.

He did not express it yesterday but should realize how bad the administration has handled the crisis.  The coach at his alma mater of Alabama sounded more realistic.

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »
He is following agent orange - this is a hoax.

Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:44:26 PM »
For the life of me, I don’t understand why so many  “black” parents entrust their sons to some of these fools.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:11:39 AM »
This is probably worse.

----------

Mike Gundy's tone-deaf coronavirus rant shows why he's never leaving OK State

Pete Thamel
Yahoo Sports
Apr 7, 2020, 9:24 PM

There’s little arguing the coaching acumen of Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy. He’s won 67 percent of his games at Oklahoma State, a traditional have-not program that’s become a near-annual Big 12 contender as Gundy has led them to 14 consecutive bowl games.

In coaching industry parlance, Gundy has defied gravity for a long time in Stillwater. It’s the type of sustained performance at a second-tier school that should have enabled Gundy to launch his career to a blue-blood job, where his relentless offenses and innovative schemes could help build annual national championship contenders.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:29:44 AM »
The coaches should read this article.

----------

Healthy 18-year-old speaks out after contracting COVID-19: 'It can happen to anyone'
NICOLE PELLETIERE
Good Morning America
April 6, 2020

An 18-year-old student who said he tested positive for the novel coronavirus wants the world to know that regardless of age, the respiratory illness does not discriminate.

Dimitri Mitchell, a freshman at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has had no prior health complications and began showing symptoms for COVID-19 on March 13.

Mitchell told "Good Morning America" it started with a cough, followed by very high fevers reaching 105 degrees.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
For the life of me, I don’t understand why so many  “black” parents entrust their sons to some of these fools.

Easy they sweet talk the mostly poor single mothers. Lots of talk of Jesus, and taking care of their little boy with some cash on the side.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:50:32 AM by Bison 4 Life »

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
This dude fumbles all the time on social issues. That’s why I’m so shocked he’s able to get so many recruits to buy into what he’s selling. I’m convinced if I had a conversation with this dude, I’d disagree with him far more often than not.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=