News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Biden’s post-inauguration honeymoon appears to be over, new poll suggests  (Read 176 times)

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
No it's not weak.  Politics is the art of give and take.  I can assure you that with police brutality and voter suppression, come 2024 the LAST thing people will think about is some stimulus checks.

You think people who suffered financial setbacks in 2020 because of the pandemic won't remember that the president in power, and the party in power, thought they weren't worthy enough to get assistance during the crisis because they made $80,000 in 2019?

Your party can't abandon 17 million people and act like it won't matter come election time.

So what is the answer Devin? Two senators were not going to vote for the bill as is. Do they try and pass it anyway and it goes down in flames. If you were the president what would you do?

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
No it's not weak.  Politics is the art of give and take.  I can assure you that with police brutality and voter suppression, come 2024 the LAST thing people will think about is some stimulus checks.

You think people who suffered financial setbacks in 2020 because of the pandemic won't remember that the president in power, and the party in power, thought they weren't worthy enough to get assistance during the crisis because they made $80,000 in 2019?

Your party can't abandon 17 million people and act like it won't matter come election time.

So what is the answer Devin? Two senators were not going to vote for the bill as is. Do they try and pass it anyway and it goes down in flames. If you were the president what would you do?

Of course, you try to pass it. Biden ran on giving people $2,000 ... I mean $1,400 stimulus checks and raising the minimum wage to $15 ... I mean $11 an hour (someday). If it gets shot down, he won't take that big of a hit because he can place the blame elsewhere and say, 'See, these people want you to suffer and die in the middle of a pandemic, not me'

But, if Biden is going to be beholden to the sensibilities of other elected officials and not the people, then I don't see how his reputation can recover with voters.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
So you are ok with the whole bill being shot down and nobody gets any help? Even the people who are desperate? I would not get a check but I know some people who are truly on the brink. I don't think they should be sacrificed for me.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

AINT NOBODY gonna forget the TRUMP years. 

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
So you are ok with the whole bill being shot down and nobody gets any help? Even the people who are desperate? I would not get a check but I know some people who are truly on the brink. I don't think they should be sacrificed for me.

I'm not ok with being told we have to vote for these elected officials only to then be told when they get the power they have to make concessions, parameters have to be set, and negotiations made BEFORE they can do anything to help people.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

I'm not ok with being told we have to vote for these elected officials only to then be told when they get the power they have to make concessions, parameters have to be set, and negotiations made BEFORE they can do anything to help people.

How do you do negotiations based not knowing your margins in the Senate or the House? If there were 52 Democrats in the Senate, the conversation would be much different. Unfortunately, there are not. We have a divided government with one who is willing to block everything. Furthermore, Joe Manchin is willing to kiss republican ass while they s**t all over democrats and the American people. That doesn't change until the right people with the right margins are in power. There is reason republicans are trying to limit how many people vote.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Brutha Devin^^^I share your frustration.  But what you have described is how the "system" works in a "representatve democracy," a republic.  There is a lot of compromising and give and take, perhaps TOO much.  I, too, am VERY DISAPPOINTED that Joe "compromised" on that Covid bill AFTER it had passed the House.  I am VERY TROUBLED by Joe's natural instincts to attempt "consensus" with the scumbags in the House and Senate GOP conferences.  I'm sick of it all.  But what is the alternative?   :shrug:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Brutha Devin^^^I share your frustration.  But what you have described is how the "system" works in a "representatve democracy," a republic.  There is a lot of compromising and give and take, perhaps TOO much.  I, too, am VERY DISAPPOINTED that Joe "compromised" on that Covid bill AFTER it had passed the House.  I am VERY TROUBLED by Joe's natural instincts to attempt "consensus" with the scumbags in the House and Senate GOP conferences.  I'm sick of it all.  But what is the alternative?   :shrug:

Brother Strike, he didn't compromise with Republicans but rather Joe Manchin. Nobody has been able to tell me how the bill would pass without Manchin's support.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Politics is USED to be the art of give and take. Conservatives turned politics into all take no give, dayum the consequences or backlash. Can't you see by their actions? Their mantra is "I'm a selfish self-seeking prick, I know that I'm a selfish self-seeking prick, and I don't care what anyone thinks of me a being selfish self-seeking prick. If I steamroll anyone in the process of me being a selfish self-seeking prick, then all the better."

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Brother Strike, he didn't compromise with Republicans but rather Joe Manchin. Nobody has been able to tell me how the bill would pass without Manchin's support.
CU, thanks for the clarification.  I just commented on this clown Manchin on the "House pass police reform bill" thread on this page.  Please see my comments there.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

CU, thanks for the clarification.  I just commented on this clown Manchin on the "House pass police reform bill" thread on this page.  Please see my comments there.

Gotcha. Manchin's act is getting really old.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule