News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Why are Blacks Democrats?  (Read 584 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Why are Blacks Democrats?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
What is wrong with black people starting our own party? I feel, we can do a lot better. But, it's just my opinion.  :tiptoe:

Just a way to split the vote to elect republicans.  GTFOH 

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
The same question can be asked why are the most White Supremacists are Republican???

I SWEAR THAT IS PRECISELY THE SAME QUESTION THAT IMMEDIATELY CAME TO MY MIND WHEN I READ THIS QUESTION. :popcorn:

ANY AFRICAN-AMERICAN THAT EVEN HAS TO ASK THAT QUESTION CLEARLY HAS NO INKLING OF AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE HISTORY OF OUR NATION OVER THE LAST 100 YEARS.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:14:09 PM by CIAA-FAN »
ONE OF MY NEW YEAR's RESOLUTIONS WAS NOT TO ENGAGE IN POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH "SELF-DESCRIBED ASSHOLES" or "LIARS". I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE TO KEEP IT. (Posted on January 6, 2020). AND... "https://naaga.co/."

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 08:26:25 PM »
When the white raciest moved into the Republican party, blacks moved out.  Make sense, right?
As sad as it is ^^^This^^^

Reps won’t admit it, and Dems won’t say it...but everyone knows it’s true.

I got no special love for Dems and feel they take our votes for granted. That said, the Reps are blatant about how they feel about people that look like me.

Respectfully, I often hear the complaint that the Democrats take our votes for granted. However, when I ask what is it the Democrats should be doing for Black people, I get a response that is vague, lacking specificity or a specific response that is far fetched or legislatively unrealistic.

Additionally, it's hard for me to say that Democrats take Black votes for granted when the party nominated and elected the First Black President.

Furthermore, there is a Congressional Black Caucus. If Black folk had a universal desire for specific piece of legislation, Black folk should communicate it to our representatives in the Congressional Black Caucus.

Finally, I don't think there is any universal agreement among Black people as to what  legislation they want enacted in exchange for their vote.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:31:22 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »
The same question can be asked why are the most White Supremacists are Republican???

I SWEAR THAT IS PRECISELY THE SAME QUESTION THAT IMMEDIATELY CAME TO MY MIND WHEN I READ THIS QUESTION. :popcorn:

ANY AFRICAN-AMERICAN THAT EVEN HAS TO ASK THAT QUESTION CLEARLY HAS NO INKLING OF AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE HISTORY OF OUR NATION OVER THE LAST 100 YEARS.

WAITING FOR IT.  WAITING FOR IT.  :nod:
ONE OF MY NEW YEAR's RESOLUTIONS WAS NOT TO ENGAGE IN POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH "SELF-DESCRIBED ASSHOLES" or "LIARS". I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE TO KEEP IT. (Posted on January 6, 2020). AND... "https://naaga.co/."

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 08:40:09 PM »
What is wrong with black people starting our own party? I feel, we can do a lot better. But, it's just my opinion.  :tiptoe:

Please elaborate. Explain how we would do better by having our own party.  :shrug:

You need to show me some evidence of what the Democratic party has done for black people?  :shrug:

Hell, I want to see what they have done for black people on the economic side of things, too.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 08:44:10 PM »

Please elaborate. Explain how we would do better by having our own party.  :shrug:

You need to show me some evidence of what the Democratic party has done for black people?  :shrug:

Hell, I want to see what they have done for black people on the economic side of things, too.

I REALLY NEED TO SHOW YOU NOT A SINGLE THING. I WILL NEVER ENGAGE IN ANY POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH SOMEONE WITH SUCH AN OBVIOUS LIMITED FRAME OF REFERENCE.  DO YOU NOW ANYTHING OF HISTORY AND WHICH MAJOR PARTY HAS DONE WHAT FOR BLACK PEOPLE OVER THE LAST 100 YEARS?  I AM NOT A HISTORY TEACHER NOR WILL I DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOU.  ...AND YES.  I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:40 PM »

What is the point of having Democrats in the house. If the all the Republicans are business owners? See, until, we start owning some things like Tyler Perry. We are nothing more than a silent voice.

:clap:

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »

I REALLY NEED TO SHOW YOU NOT A SINGLE THING. I WILL NEVER ENGAGE IN ANY POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH SOMEONE WITH SUCH AN OBVIOUS LIMITED FRAME OF REFERENCE.  DO YOU NOW ANYTHING OF HISTORY AND WHICH MAJOR PARTY HAS DONE WHAT FOR BLACK PEOPLE OVER THE LAST 100 YEARS?  I AM NOT A HISTORY TEACHER NOR WILL I DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOU.  ...AND YES.  I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

If you really believe any political party have black people best interests at heart. You are sadly mistaken.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

If you really believe any political party have black people best interests at heart. You are sadly mistaken.

well tell us what the republicans have offered. And don't tell me that's not your real motive here... because I  won't believe it.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 09:34:58 PM »
"....Finally, I don't think there is any universal agreement among Black people as to what  legislation they want enacted in exchange for their vote.

true..

Black people are not a monolith.

Some of us want economic items, others educational. Within just those two are wide ranging areas of need. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »

Your response is a non-sequituror or is non-responsive to my inquiry.   I ask you to explain why how we would do better by having our own party.You responded by asking by saying I need to show show evidence of what Democrats have done for Black people. :shrug: That is not an answer to my inquiiry.

However, I will respond to your question.The 1964 Civil Rights Act. Democrats support affirmative action, more specifically, consideration of race in college admissions and government contracts. The overwhelming majority Black members of Congress are Democrats. This is because democrats supported drawing districts which would allow the election of Black Congressional members. Because of affirmative action, there are more Black professionals like doctors, lawyers and engineers. The Democratic Party nominated the First Black President. The Democrats consistently support the idea that racial diversity is needed at all levels of government.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:06 PM »

What is the point of having Democrats in the house. If the all the Republicans are business owners? See, until, we start owning some things like Tyler Perry. We are nothing more than a silent voice.

:clap:

What the does that have to do with Black people having their own political party? :shrug:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 11:06:00 PM »
Ask Barry Goldwater
:nod:......In your heart you know he’s right.  ;D

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:41 PM »
Ask Barry Goldwater
:nod:......In your heart you know he’s right.  ;D

IF HE KNEW SOME HISTORY HE WOULD APPRECIATE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THAT STATEMENT. BUT HE DOESN'T. HIS KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY DOESN'T GO BACK TO THE 1964 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, WHEN BLACKS FIRST LEFT THE GOP IN DROVES, NEVER TO RETURN.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:30:41 PM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 12:39:48 AM »

Ouch! ;D

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=