News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: My Nephew Wanted to Go to Morehouse College. He's Going to the University of...  (Read 864 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The average salary of a journeyman plumber is higher than the average salary of a college graduate.  Plumbers are currently still working.  Along with carpenters, long distance truck drivers, and electricians. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
The average salary of a journeyman plumber is higher than the average salary of a college graduate.  Plumbers are currently still working.  Along with carpenters, long distance truck drivers, and electricians. 

Doesn’t it take a few years post apprenticeship to become a journeyman plumber and passing the exam?  Apprenticeships are usually 3-5 yrs for most crafts....

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Doesn’t it take a few years post apprenticeship to become a journeyman plumber and passing the exam?  Apprenticeships are usually 3-5 yrs for most crafts....

True about the time.  Still doesn't change the fact on average they make more.  Exception being long distance truck drivers.

A college education isn't the end all.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile

True about the time.  Still doesn't change the fact on average they make more.  Exception being long distance truck drivers.

:shrug:

Who said it did? Please highlight a rebuttal to that......

You would initiate an argument with a stop sign......

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
I'm pretty sure this is a Gen Z thing but the hashtag #HU24 on social media looked like Spelman. Young males just are not seeing HBCU's as an option as in years past. :shrug:

Males are not seeing college as an option period. I work at a large PWI with a student enrollment of around 35% male.

You took the words out of my mouth. IT's not just HBCUs, it's college in general. The large public university that I work at in California, you are hard pressed to see Black male students.............unless they're on our basketball team.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
The large public university that I work at in California, you are hard pressed to see Black male students.............unless they're on our basketball team.

You will always find them there...IJS.   :tongue2:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Who said it did? Please highlight a rebuttal to that......

You would initiate an argument with a stop sign......

Where did you get an argument from?  I clearly stated facts.  Your Bama education is showing.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=