News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Chowan FOOTBALL  (Read 1701 times)

Offline ciaascout

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Chowan FOOTBALL
« on: March 10, 2020, 04:43:13 AM »
So someone explain to me how chowan university football got players going to a HBCU combine they not a hbcu? Like is being in ciaa all you gotta do to consider a hbcu? Not begin funny  but someone explain this?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:21:54 AM by ciaascout »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Chowan FOOTBALL
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 04:55:30 AM »
Chowan is not an HBCU.

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline ciaascout

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 05:20:49 AM »
So why they got kids going to combine

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 05:48:43 AM »
Pros don't give a dayum about that sh-t.   That is the CIAA conference or maybe the state.   

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 06:29:07 AM »
There were in an HBCU conference,but that not the criteria either.

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 07:19:09 AM »
So someone explain to me how chowan university football got players going to a HBCU combine they not a hbcu? Like is being in ciaa all you gotta do to consider a hbcu? Not begin funny  but someone explain this?

It's obvious someone didn't do their research. Just because you are associated with an HBCU conference, does not make you an HBCU.
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 11:32:11 AM »
What he said. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

i don't understand what the outcry is about.  the ciaa invited chowan to become a member of their conference which is an hbcu conference, but yet you don't want them to benefit from participating in an hbcu combine?  what!!  are you serious!!

they represent and are members of an hbcu conference for crying out loud!  so they should be entitled to the same benefits as every school in that hbcu conference.

man, some of our folk get on my nerves.  we hbcu's want "equal rights" but then turn around and want to "discriminate" against chowan college only because "technically" they are not an hbcu.  omg!  what is it gonna hurt to allow chowan to participate in an hbcu combine?  someone please explain that to me?

man, i can't believe our folk can be so "petty"...

Offline Cub 7

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 03:40:33 PM »
Not being petty at all but it does say HBCU combine.  Not HBCU conference combine. The CIAA's invitation does not change Cowan's status.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 04:14:53 PM »

i don't understand what the outcry is about.  the ciaa invited chowan to become a member of their conference which is an hbcu conference, but yet you don't want them to benefit from participating in an hbcu combine?  what!!  are you serious!!

they represent and are members of an hbcu conference for crying out loud!  so they should be entitled to the same benefits as every school in that hbcu conference.

man, some of our folk get on my nerves.  we hbcu's want "equal rights" but then turn around and want to "discriminate" against chowan college only because "technically" they are not an hbcu.  omg!  what is it gonna hurt to allow chowan to participate in an hbcu combine?  someone please explain that to me?

Save your nerves and stop worrying about what the CIAA folks do. You should be concerned about how the Big South will be treating A&T. The rest of the HBCU world understands the we have always been given a small piece of the pie, and that we shouldn't be giving any of it back to the people that has the majority of that pie.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »

Save your nerves and stop worrying about what the CIAA folks do. You should be concerned about how the Big South will be treating A&T. The rest of the HBCU world understands the we have always been given a small piece of the pie, and that we shouldn't be giving any of it back to the people that has the majority of that pie.

i'll comment on the ciaa as much as you comment on a&t and meac which is "a lot"!  if ya don't want chowan to participate in the hbcu combine, then maybe you should not have added them to your conference.  otherwise its a bunch of "bs" to be so petty that ya don't want chowan to participate in an hbcu combine that you yourselves "don't sponsor"!

ya wanna be inclusive when it comes to the main nfl combine, but got a problem with chowan being allowed to participate in a combine sponsored by the nfl, not the ciaa.  that's a bunch of bull right there, just downright "childishness".

why don't ya'll kick all of the white guys off of all ciaa teams since all white guys aren't "historically black"... ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:53:54 PM by oleschoolaggie »

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 05:13:11 PM »
Oh Lawd!

I agree with oleschool on his main point. ;D

Though Chowan isn't an HBCU, it is in part of the Black Belt of NC, and in its juco days had many Black students. That's why them joining the CIAA wasn't as much of a reach as it might seem.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 11:50:47 AM »

i'll comment on the ciaa as much as you comment on a&t and meac which is "a lot"!  if ya don't want chowan to participate in the hbcu combine, then maybe you should not have added them to your conference.  otherwise its a bunch of "bs" to be so petty that ya don't want chowan to participate in an hbcu combine that you yourselves "don't sponsor"!

ya wanna be inclusive when it comes to the main nfl combine, but got a problem with chowan being allowed to participate in a combine sponsored by the nfl, not the ciaa.  that's a bunch of bull right there, just downright "childishness".

why don't ya'll kick all of the white guys off of all ciaa teams since all white guys aren't "historically black"... ::)

All you points would be valid and I would agree with them, except there had to be a reason for them calling it an "HBCU Combine". Letting others attend is like allowing boys in an all girl party. You don't promise something and do another. Maybe they should not have called it "HBCU" from the start. They didn't say it was a CIAA Combine. So we can't blame other HBCU fans for being confused.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 12:44:54 PM »

All you points would be valid and I would agree with them, except there had to be a reason for them calling it an "HBCU Combine". Letting others attend is like allowing boys in an all girl party. You don't promise something and do another. Maybe they should not have called it "HBCU" from the start. They didn't say it was a CIAA Combine. So we can't blame other HBCU fans for being confused.

yeah well using "your logic", maybe wssu should not admit any other races of students at wssu unless they are "historically black" since wssu is a "historically black college/university".  see how dumb your logic sounds?  just because the combine is named "hbcu combine" you don't want chowan there?  that's some "childish" immature shiggidy right there.  chowan can't play with us at the nfl's hbcu combine simply because they're not an hbcu?

if the nfl didn't want chowan to be there, they would not have allowed them to be there.  who are you to define for the nfl who should be eligible to attend the nfl's combines?  not your combine, but the nfl's combine.  hail, if the nfl decided to let pembroke state or any other school's players participate, then that's the nfl's prerogative, not yours.

this is not a wssu sponsored event.  when wssu decides it wants to sponsor an hbcu combine of its own, then you will have the right to decide who should be there and who shouldn't.  but until that happens?  well, you know the rest...

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »

yeah well using "your logic", maybe wssu should not admit any other races of students at wssu unless they are "historically black" since wssu is a "historically black college/university".  see how dumb your logic sounds?  just because the combine is named "hbcu combine" you don't want chowan there?  that's some "childish" immature shiggidy right there.  chowan can't play with us at the nfl's hbcu combine simply because they're not an hbcu?

if the nfl didn't want chowan to be there, they would not have allowed them to be there.  who are you to define for the nfl who should be eligible to attend the nfl's combines?  not your combine, but the nfl's combine.  hail, if the nfl decided to let pembroke state or any other school's players participate, then that's the nfl's prerogative, not yours.

this is not a wssu sponsored event.  when wssu decides it wants to sponsor an hbcu combine of its own, then you will have the right to decide who should be there and who shouldn't.  but until that happens?  well, you know the rest...

Your wrong again. WSSU being called an HBCU only reffers to it having a history of being an all black school. Starting an event that's for schools that having a history of being all black, means that event is for HBCU schools. Now you could argue that the NFL should have never discriminated by calling it an all black event. I would agree with that.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule