News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: HBCUs should boycott A&T  (Read 4075 times)

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HBCUs should boycott A&T
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »
I will not boycott A&T, but I will have less interest in their programs.  There are not any BSC teams I am interested in seeing play in any sport.  The excitement of seeing MEAC teams playing A&T to determine the conference championships is gone.  The excitement of A&T going to the CB is gone. 

A&T is no longer on top of HBCU football

Lol 4 celebration bowls in 5 years can't be overlooked

History

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 02:19:27 PM »
Yes, there will be a boycott of A&T’s programs, but it will not be organized.  Many fans will not be interested in seeing A&T play the teams they will be playing, and not come not to the games. 

A&T has been the top team in HBCU football for several years, and other schools will be trying to replace them. The teams trying to replace them, may not want to risk losing to A&T.  Therefore, the better HBCU teams may not play A&T.

Schools need money. Their will be several schools wanting to play A&T. Just like NSU and HU play Hampton

Why would NSU and Howard want to play Hampton?  You said two days ago that schools did not need money from attendance.  You stated that the MEAC and SWAC lead the nation in FCS attendance, and the money they made did not did not help the schools. 

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 03:29:36 PM »
I will not boycott A&T, but I will have less interest in their programs.  There are not any BSC teams I am interested in seeing play in any sport.  The excitement of seeing MEAC teams playing A&T to determine the conference championships is gone.  The excitement of A&T going to the CB is gone. 

A&T is no longer on top of HBCU football

Lol 4 celebration bowls in 5 years can't be overlooked

History

A great run and this year it will be 5 out of 6. And NCCU won't score nor cross the 50 yard line for the 3rd year in a row

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
Yes, there will be a boycott of A&T’s programs, but it will not be organized.  Many fans will not be interested in seeing A&T play the teams they will be playing, and not come not to the games. 

A&T has been the top team in HBCU football for several years, and other schools will be trying to replace them. The teams trying to replace them, may not want to risk losing to A&T.  Therefore, the better HBCU teams may not play A&T.

Schools need money. Their will be several schools wanting to play A&T. Just like NSU and HU play Hampton

Why would NSU and Howard want to play Hampton?  You said two days ago that schools did not need money from attendance.  You stated that the MEAC and SWAC lead the nation in FCS attendance, and the money they made did not did not help the schools.

Maybe you should reach out to their fans and administration. Apparently someone wants this to happen

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 05:21:53 PM »
There is no need for me to do that, because after this year, you will not count.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2020, 01:27:55 AM »
The more you read on all opinions from outsiders, myself included, it is baking into a ridiculous stew of name dropping of other schools as if we have all the answers.  The simplest analogy is A&T moved to a new house in another neighborhood, not better than the former, but a new district and all it could do for Greensboro.     :shrug:  We all have to wait to see how it turns out for them WITHOUT MALICE. Then too, have we lowered ourselves  like a bunch of posters with a particular avatar on this board( not having a dog in the fight) replete with complaints, all knowing, excepting betterment of themselves which evolves to the easiest escape of attacking , muckraking and name calling.  Eagles, let us not stoop that low.  Yes, we all love the neighborhood assembled 50 years ago, and hated seeing an old friend leave.  That old friend, is doing what he thinks is best for his family.   
Best wishes to an old friend and hope all works as planned.  This could be the right move FOR THEM. How can you envy hardworking administrators and athletic staff that have been moving forward with a steady pace, albeit, in the MEAC but venturing to new surroundings.  I hope we move forward too, in the MEAC and remain competitive with all in the FCS division.      NO TIME TO HATE, TIME TO STRIVE.  :nod: :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:  We got work, like winners, to do.

Do you always type a lot but say very little. Don't let the few on this forum that support or talk around this move fool you. There are plenty of educated brothers, that attended HBCUs, that understand my concerns. So please do all of us a favor and get out those Aggies arsseee. For once, act like the birds I know and think for yourself. Stop trying to get brownie points from A&T. All black people have a horse in this race. We all have family that attended that school. We all want to have future family members to attend. When PWS take our best players and beat us with them, you don't complain. Now they are taking one of our better schools and you still don't complain. You talk as if I'm your enemy. You are indeed a boy.
Whew! :no:

https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/text-results.php?country=USA&state=North%20Carolina&city=Winston%20Salem&zip=&street=&within=20&day=0&lang=&orderby=datetime
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 1 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2020, 01:29:42 AM »
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 1 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2020, 01:33:35 AM »
So it appears that I am the only person that gives a hoot to what they are doing. So carry on people. I expected some on this forum would not get my point, but not the majority. So the real question now is did we attend HBCUs because they were the only places take us, or did we go because we understood our situation and wanted to be associated with people like ourselves. So you guys can have it. I'll be the only person that boycott those sellouts.
Fa Sho!!!  I was accepted by the University of Alabama, I chose Alabama A&M!!!

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Watch your back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2020, 09:38:14 AM »
Fa Sho!!!  I was accepted by the University of Alabama, I chose Alabama A&M!!!

Bruh, I am sure you have NO regrets at all.  :nod:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:29:22 PM by Jay_Thomas »

Offline PRETTYNUPE1414

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »
Close this non sense topic...
F.O.N  F.O.N

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule