News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: HBCUs should boycott A&T  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: HBCUs should boycott A&T
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2020, 09:46:58 AM »
The more you read on all opinions from outsiders, myself included, it is baking into a ridiculous stew of name dropping of other schools as if we have all the answers.  The simplest analogy is A&T moved to a new house in another neighborhood, not better than the former, but a new district and all it could do for Greensboro.     :shrug:  We all have to wait to see how it turns out for them WITHOUT MALICE. Then too, have we lowered ourselves  like a bunch of posters with a particular avatar on this board( not having a dog in the fight) replete with complaints, all knowing, excepting betterment of themselves which evolves to the easiest escape of attacking , muckraking and name calling.  Eagles, let us not stoop that low.  Yes, we all love the neighborhood assembled 50 years ago, and hated seeing an old friend leave.  That old friend, is doing what he thinks is best for his family.   
Best wishes to an old friend and hope all works as planned.  This could be the right move FOR THEM. How can you envy hardworking administrators and athletic staff that have been moving forward with a steady pace, albeit, in the MEAC but venturing to new surroundings.  I hope we move forward too, in the MEAC and remain competitive with all in the FCS division.      NO TIME TO HATE, TIME TO STRIVE.  :nod: :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:  We got work, like winners, to do.

Do you always type a lot but say very little. Don't let the few on this forum that support or talk around this move fool you. There are plenty of educated brothers, that attended HBCUs, that understand my concerns. So please do all of us a favor and get out those Aggies arsseee. For once, act like the birds I know and think for yourself. Stop trying to get brownie points from A&T. All black people have a horse in this race. We all have family that attended that school. We all want to have future family members to attend. When PWS take our best players and beat us with them, you don't complain. Now they are taking one of our better schools and you still don't complain. You talk as if I'm your enemy. You are indeed a boy.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2020, 10:02:34 AM »
Wow! This thread just gets worse and worse.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
The more you read on all opinions from outsiders, myself included, it is baking into a ridiculous stew of name dropping of other schools as if we have all the answers.  The simplest analogy is A&T moved to a new house in another neighborhood, not better than the former, but a new district and all it could do for Greensboro.     :shrug:  We all have to wait to see how it turns out for them WITHOUT MALICE. Then too, have we lowered ourselves  like a bunch of posters with a particular avatar on this board( not having a dog in the fight) replete with complaints, all knowing, excepting betterment of themselves which evolves to the easiest escape of attacking , muckraking and name calling.  Eagles, let us not stoop that low.  Yes, we all love the neighborhood assembled 50 years ago, and hated seeing an old friend leave.  That old friend, is doing what he thinks is best for his family.   
Best wishes to an old friend and hope all works as planned.  This could be the right move FOR THEM. How can you envy hardworking administrators and athletic staff that have been moving forward with a steady pace, albeit, in the MEAC but venturing to new surroundings.  I hope we move forward too, in the MEAC and remain competitive with all in the FCS division.      NO TIME TO HATE, TIME TO STRIVE.  :nod: :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:  We got work, like winners, to do.

Do you always type a lot but say very little. Don't let the few on this forum that support or talk around this move fool you. There are plenty of educated brothers, that attended HBCUs, that understand my concerns. So please do all of us a favor and get out those Aggies arsseee. For once, act like the birds I know and think for yourself. Stop trying to get brownie points from A&T. All black people have a horse in this race. We all have family that attended that school. We all want to have future family members to attend. When PWS take our best players and beat us with them, you don't complain. Now they are taking one of our better schools and you still don't complain. You talk as if I'm your enemy. You are indeed a boy.

How are THEY taking one of our schools? Did they force A&T to go ?

NO. THEY made what THEY thought was the BEST decision for THEM!!!

Damn what y'all think. Y'all need to LET THIS GO!!! Sounding like the bitter ex right now.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

Hmmm..., so because his opinion on the matter differs from yours hes not thinking for himself?  Sounds to me like you would rather he hold your view point on this matter then you would be okay with it.  ::) :shrug: :nono2: :no:

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2020, 11:06:01 AM »
:shrug:  IDK, what I heard is that we are not going anywhere no time soon.  However, not sure if that came from the powers that be.

we aggie alums were told the exact same thing less than a year ago!  and look at what happened...

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
I will not boycott A&T, but I will have less interest in their programs.  There are not any BSC teams I am interested in seeing play in any sport.  The excitement of seeing MEAC teams playing A&T to determine the conference championships is gone.  The excitement of A&T going to the CB is gone. 

A&T is no longer on top of HBCU football
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:35:48 AM by B-more Eagle »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Watch your back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
Wow! This thread just gets worse and worse.

:nod:

#BoycottThisThread

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
So it appears that I am the only person that gives a hoot to what they are doing. So carry on people. I expected some on this forum would not get my point, but not the majority. So the real question now is did we attend HBCUs because they were the only places take us, or did we go because we understood our situation and wanted to be associated with people like ourselves. So you guys can have it. I'll be the only person that boycott those sellouts.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 03:25:43 PM »
 :no:
So it appears that I am the only person that gives a hoot to what they are doing. So carry on people. I expected some on this forum would not get my point, but not the majority. So the real question now is did we attend HBCUs because they were the only places take us, or did we go because we understood our situation and wanted to be associated with people like ourselves. So you guys can have it. I'll be the only person that boycott those sellouts.
:no:

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2020, 03:43:30 PM »

:brickwall:

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »
Yes, there will be a boycott of A&T’s programs, but it will not be organized.  Many fans will not be interested in seeing A&T play the teams they will be playing, and not come out to the games. 

A&T has been the top team in HBCU football for several years, and other schools will be trying to replace them. The teams trying to replace them, may not want to risk losing to A&T.  Therefore, the better HBCU teams may not play A&T.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:03:29 PM by B-more Eagle »

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »
Ram55, It may serve you, your institution and new AD (whom I'm sure she doesn't have you as a sounding board nor confidant) better by helping fund your own home, instead of dibbling in your neighbors affairs.  Truly it's NOT JUST YOU,  its all of US.  The more you read the tragic sounds of responses twisting and turning through small minds, out of our lanes and few Aggies commenting in support of your post.  My Greensboro friends hated the move initially,however, after a short time of reflecting on this matter have adopted a LETS GO FOR IT full steam ahead.  BOYCOTT? ???  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:  Waiting to  see what the future holds for an ole friend.  Hopefully, ,like most winners, their efforts will be rewarded by  heretofore sound leadership and strong moves that got them to the point of being scouted by others as a  desirable conference affiliate. ( and who wouldn't?) YOU CRY 55 but it changes nothing for WSSU since you stepped back years ago, unable to compete but continuously rant and rage more than conference schools affected by the decision. FAMU is rebuilding by pushing strong in the conference recently. BCU, always a challenge to all in conference schools.   SCSU and Buddy can never be overlooked.  Morgan, NSU and DSU will beat you on any given day. My Eagles, perennial contenders, are rebuilding our program which will be displayed  come September for the muckraker, Ram55, and let us see where we stand as a program.  We are young so hoping for a healthy ending game for both teams after glancing their potential.     ;)      :nod: :nod: ;D ;D   Get back on the porch where you belong, in a lap, and leave the barking to those who DO.  We will continue to play top competition, including A&T.  Any kid growing up on the playgrounds knows he betters his game by better competition.     
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:00:07 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »
I understand 55 and I agree.  They bragging about, "We still can play a number of MEAC and HBCU teams.  Please...  Enjoy your new conference and schedule teams like them. :tongue2:
Problem is ya'll need them as much as they need you. So go ahead and boycott what is normally your biggest payday.  It's a good thing some you don't run your athletic departments, whew. :shrug: :tiptoe:

Why do you think we are so angry? :shrug:

The irony is that back in 2015 you advocated for nccu to leave the MEAC and join a playoff eligible conference such as the Big South. I respect that you may have changed your mind but doesn't this still make you a bit of a hypocrite for continuously throwing shade at us?

Why you call me out like that... :lol:  When we were moving up, Central did take a look at the Big South and I was all for it.  Thank God the powers that be went home to the MEAC.  I wasn't disappointed at all when the decision was made to join the MEAC.  My problem is not you guys leaving.  My problem is that you are leaving but still banking on playing MEAC teams. :shrug:

Don't worry as nccu will possibly be joining us in the future. You guys have focused so much attention on A&T you may not be aware your school has had conversations with the BSC as well. Don't believe me.....ask your A.D. What has she had to say about this movement? Even better ask, the nccu grad (Shelly Davis) who is associate commissioner of the Big South.   ;)

and I’d be pissed, but I know about assessing your budget and making changes.

I hate to say it, but if B-CU & FAMU are really the issue why not address that rather than leave the conference.

To many obstacles. The MEAC wanted to split into divisions but the presidents said no to a championship game. I thought the bold step of contraction needed to be invoked, kinda how Temple football was kicked out of the Big East. DSU, UMES, Coppin should have been removed a while back to help cut down on travel. On the flip side FAMU and BCU could have been encouraged to leave to cut off the southern end travel. I thought the MEAC should have tried to make itself a true Mideastern conference which would have included: Morgan, Howard, Hampton, NSU, NCCU, A&T, and SCSU. To late for that now.     

do you have the reasons why a championship game was nixed?

The presidents wanted the runnerup to remain eligible for an at-large playoff bid.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2020, 10:09:37 AM »
I will not boycott A&T, but I will have less interest in their programs.  There are not any BSC teams I am interested in seeing play in any sport.  The excitement of seeing MEAC teams playing A&T to determine the conference championships is gone.  The excitement of A&T going to the CB is gone. 

A&T is no longer on top of HBCU football

Lol 4 celebration bowls in 5 years can't be overlooked

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2020, 10:10:33 AM »
Yes, there will be a boycott of A&T’s programs, but it will not be organized.  Many fans will not be interested in seeing A&T play the teams they will be playing, and not come not to the games. 

A&T has been the top team in HBCU football for several years, and other schools will be trying to replace them. The teams trying to replace them, may not want to risk losing to A&T.  Therefore, the better HBCU teams may not play A&T.

Schools need money. Their will be several schools wanting to play A&T. Just like NSU and HU play Hampton

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule