News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: HBCUs should boycott A&T  (Read 4081 times)

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: HBCUs should boycott A&T
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »
At our last AAF meeting, I specifically asked our AD did they consider looking at the SoCon.  He said the SoCon was not interested in expansion at this time.   :-X

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2020, 10:49:17 PM »
I thought according to some of you aggies this is just a stepping stone for a future FBS move.  Honestly I don’t know but I posted some analysis about your AD that nobody on your end wants to address.  Go back to page 1 and read.  I’d like to hear your thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:15:34 PM by Maroon and Gray »
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2020, 11:09:56 PM »
I understand 55 and I agree.  They bragging about, "We still can play a number of MEAC and HBCU teams.  Please...  Enjoy your new conference and schedule teams like them. :tongue2:
Problem is ya'll need them as much as they need you. So go ahead and boycott what is normally your biggest payday.  It's a good thing some you don't run your athletic departments, whew. :shrug: :tiptoe:

Why do you think we are so angry? :shrug:

The irony is that back in 2015 you advocated for nccu to leave the MEAC and join a playoff eligible conference such as the Big South. I respect that you may have changed your mind but doesn't this still make you a bit of a hypocrite for continuously throwing shade at us?

Why you call me out like that... :lol:  When we were moving up, Central did take a look at the Big South and I was all for it.  Thank God the powers that be went home to the MEAC.  I wasn't disappointed at all when the decision was made to join the MEAC.  My problem is not you guys leaving.  My problem is that you are leaving but still banking on playing MEAC teams. :shrug:

Don't worry as nccu will possibly be joining us in the future. You guys have focused so much attention on A&T you may not be aware your school has had conversations with the BSC as well. Don't believe me.....ask your A.D. What has she had to say about this movement? Even better ask, the nccu grad (Shelly Davis) who is associate commissioner of the Big South.   ;)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2020, 11:20:45 PM »
I understand 55 and I agree.  They bragging about, "We still can play a number of MEAC and HBCU teams.  Please...  Enjoy your new conference and schedule teams like them. :tongue2:
Problem is ya'll need them as much as they need you. So go ahead and boycott what is normally your biggest payday.  It's a good thing some you don't run your athletic departments, whew. :shrug: :tiptoe:

The irony is that back in 2015 you advocated for nccu to leave the MEAC and join a playoff eligible conference such as the Big South. I respect that you may have changed your mind but doesn't this still make you a bit of a hypocrite for continuously throwing shade at us?

Why you call me out like that... :lol:  When we were moving up, Central did take a look at the Big South and I was all for it.  Thank God the powers that be went home to the MEAC.  I wasn't disappointed at all when the decision was made to join the MEAC.  My problem is not you guys leaving.  My problem is that you are leaving but still banking on playing MEAC teams. :shrug:

Don't worry as nccu will possibly be joining us in the future. You guys have focused so much attention on A&T you may not be aware your school has had conversations with the BSC as well. Don't believe me.....ask your A.D. What has she had to say about this movement? Even better ask, the nccu grad (Shelly Davis) who is associate commissioner of the Big South.   ;)

and I’d be pissed, but I know about assessing your budget and making changes.

I hate to say it, but if B-CU & FAMU are really the issue why not address that rather than leave the conference.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2020, 12:01:32 AM »

I hate to say it, but if B-CU & FAMU are really the issue why not address that rather than leave the conference.

To many obstacles. The MEAC wanted to split into divisions but the presidents said no to a championship game. I thought the bold step of contraction needed to be invoked, kinda how Temple football was kicked out of the Big East. DSU, UMES, Coppin should have been removed a while back to help cut down on travel. On the flip side FAMU and BCU could have been encouraged to leave to cut off the southern end travel. I thought the MEAC should have tried to make itself a true Mideastern conference which would have included: Morgan, Howard, Hampton, NSU, NCCU, A&T, and SCSU. To late for that now.     

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2020, 08:46:07 AM »

To many obstacles. The MEAC wanted to split into divisions but the presidents said no to a championship game. I thought the bold step of contraction needed to be invoked, kinda how Temple football was kicked out of the Big East. DSU, UMES, Coppin should have been removed a while back to help cut down on travel. On the flip side FAMU and BCU could have been encouraged to leave to cut off the southern end travel. I thought the MEAC should have tried to make itself a true Mideastern conference which would have included: Morgan, Howard, Hampton, NSU, NCCU, A&T, and SCSU. To late for that now.   

So this is what A&T and its fans has become? You said, " On the flip side FAMU and BCU could have been encouraged to leave". So what would happen to those two outstanding schools you just left out to dry? Some of you people surely have to be Republicans. Doing anything to better your standings, and forget about everyone else.  Your AD could not have said it better. :no:

Offline PRETTYNUPE1414

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2020, 09:13:12 AM »
This topic is Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's GO NC&T!   Yall need to cut it! (rap song melody)
F.O.N  F.O.N

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »
As we used to say on the block,,,if it ain’t making dollars, it ain’t making sense.....

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Watch your back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »
This topic is Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's GO NC&T!   Yall need to cut it! (rap song melody)

*Co-sign*

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
Well I’m not down to boycott NCAT.  Aggie supports travel well and if they are able to keep 3 HBCU opponents in rotation each season they will be fine. And  if they would like to play a home-and-home with Howard I am not opposed to it. Everyone keep talking about how they have to travel to  Georgia, NJ and Alabama. But these trips for football only and every other year saving major travel money with non-revenue sports. Let’s be honest the financial impact will be there.

Don't cloud this with logic. Like we would be going every year too. But again, some don't wanna see the benefit and growth. Is what it is

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2020, 02:31:10 PM »

So this is what A&T and its fans has become? You said, " On the flip side FAMU and BCU could have been encouraged to leave". So what would happen to those two outstanding schools you just left out to dry? Some of you people surely have to be Republicans. Doing anything to better your standings, and forget about everyone else.  Your AD could not have said it better. :no:

Bro you make as much sense as a Donald Trump Twitter rant. You've got a lot of folks on this board scratching their heads with your mumbo jumbo. Sheeeeet, Lol. I can dang near hear the tweetie birds flying around your head.

It's not that serious. Seek professional help.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2020, 06:21:53 PM »
I just don't see the point in boycotting A&T nor Hampton. They are STILL HBCUs.  :shrug:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »

If we do leave, we should not be talking about, we will still play NSU, FAMU etc.  They are the ones we are leaving.  If we want to play them, why not stay? :shrug:  IDK, what I heard is that we are not going anywhere no time soon.  However, not sure if that came from the powers that be.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2020, 08:33:42 AM »
The more you read on all opinions from outsiders, myself included, it is baking into a ridiculous stew of name dropping of other schools as if we have all the answers.  The simplest analogy is A&T moved to a new house in another neighborhood, not better than the former, but a new district and all it could do for Greensboro.     :shrug:  We all have to wait to see how it turns out for them WITHOUT MALICE. Then too, have we lowered ourselves  like a bunch of posters with a particular avatar on this board( not having a dog in the fight) replete with complaints, all knowing, excepting betterment of themselves which evolves to the easiest escape of attacking , muckraking and name calling.  Eagles, let us not stoop that low.  Yes, we all love the neighborhood assembled 50 years ago, and hated seeing an old friend leave.  That old friend, is doing what he thinks is best for his family.   
Best wishes to an old friend and hope all works as planned.  This could be the right move FOR THEM. How can you envy hardworking administrators and athletic staff that have been moving forward with a steady pace, albeit, in the MEAC but venturing to new surroundings.  I hope we move forward too, in the MEAC and remain competitive with all in the FCS division.      NO TIME TO HATE, TIME TO STRIVE.  :nod: :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:  We got work, like winners, to do.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:50:30 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »

do you have the reasons why a championship game was nixed?
― Isaac Asimov

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule