News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: BSU BEATS BULLS AT THE BUZZER:CIAA QUARTERS  (Read 326 times)

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
BSU BEATS BULLS AT THE BUZZER:CIAA QUARTERS
« on: February 28, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »
https://bsubulldogs.com/news/2020/2/27/womens-basketball-williams-buzzer-beater-lifts-bowie-state-past-johnson-c-smith-48-47.aspx

:clap:

I just knew we were gonners...Shot a ton of bricks from the field and foul line all game long. The ladies finally got their ish together in the last 2 minutes and completed a ferocious comeback. JJ Williams saves the day and possibly an at large NCAA berth. :clap:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:39:26 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Bucking Bronco

• Head Coach
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: BSU BEATS BULLS AT THE BUZZER:CIAA QUARTERS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:40:16 AM »
https://bsubulldogs.com/news/2020/2/27/womens-basketball-williams-buzzer-beater-lifts-bowie-state-past-johnson-c-smith-48-47.aspx

I just knew we were gonners...Shot a ton of bricks from the field and foul line all game long, finally got their ish together in the last 2 minutes and completed a ferocious comeback. JJ Williams saves the day and possibly an at large NCAA berth. :clap:

A Coach Steve Joyner Jr said in the post game.............we choked!!!!  up 7 with less then a min. left, not even sure the got the ball past half court in that last min. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »

Shot a ton of bricks from the field and foul line all game long.

Not that unusual when teams have been playing in small arenas all season then go to a big arena with "no background."  I'm sure the shooting stats are going to be down for most teams.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:08:53 PM »

Not that unusual when teams have been playing in small arenas all season then go to a big arena with "no background."  I'm sure the shooting stats are going to be down for most teams.

That is very true OldSchool,that background can getcha. But as I was watching, I noticed that we weren't just missing, rolling around the rim or softly bouncing in and out, they were shooting SCUD MISSILES...no touch whatsoever..I mean them chicks were LLLLLLAUNCHING their shots, with no touch. I thought they were gonna crack the danged backboard a few times!! :o :o :o :o

I think they were so amped up through the entire first half that they were just putting too much muscle on their shots no matter where they were shooting from.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:11:06 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 01:17:03 PM »

That is very true OldSchool,that background can getcha. But as I was watching, I noticed that we weren't just missing, rolling around the rim or softly bouncing in and out, they were shooting SCUD MISSILES...no touch whatsoever..I mean them chicks were LLLLLLAUNCHING their shots, with no touch. I thought they were gonna crack the danged backboard a few times!! :o :o :o :o

I think they were so amped up through the entire first half that they were just putting too much muscle on their shots no matter where they were shooting from.

It appears that everybody's shoot were off a lot so far. By the time they got adjusted to the high ceiling, the game would be over.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »

It appears that everybody's shoot were off a lot so far. By the time they got adjusted to the high ceiling, the game would be over.
Point taken :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News