News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NC A&T vs NCCU BBall  (Read 807 times)

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
NC A&T vs NCCU BBall
« on: February 17, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
So, anybody want to talk about what just happened? You Eagles need a new coach.
The Answer

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NC A&T vs NCCU BBall
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
If I remember correctly, the same thing happen last year, but we won the game that counted at the MEAC,

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:53 PM »
If I remember correctly, the same thing happen last year, but we won the game that counted at the MEAC,

this

Y’all the one with a suspended coach that they are stringing along to fire him at season end.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »
We don’t even have our coach and beat you badly.
The Answer

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »
what part of this:

is hard to understand even for a dog brain?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
what part of this:

So your saying it doesn't matter what happens in the reg season matchup. I get it. Explains what has been happening

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
what part of this:

So your saying it doesn't matter what happens in the reg season matchup. I get it. Explains what has been happening

Kicking your ass always matters, however, I guess it's too hard for you to understand with our current league setup league play is just for seedings in the tourney.  If we made the tourney for only  say half the teams, then league play would really mean something more. As it stands now the last place team can get hot in the tourney and go to the NCAA.  League play should count for something more.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:24:46 AM by Maroon and Gray »
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
what part of this:

Kicking your ass always matters, however, I guess it's too hard for you to understand with our current league setup league play is just for seedings in the tourney.  If we made the tourney for only  say half the teams, then league play would really mean something more. As it stands now the last place team can get hot in the tourney and go to the NCAA.  League play should count for something more.

I'm fully aware. I just like to poke the bird and watch you make excuses. lol. I don't see anything wrong with it. The MEAC is set up like every other conference. What needs to happen is ALL MEAC schools need to schedule more winnable OOC games so the conf SOS will get better and the champ doesn't have to be in the play in game for the NCAA

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »
I thought I was responding to "truth"  :lmao:

I'm not making any excuses, we looked like deer in headlights  :no:  Maybe in Durham will be better for us  :shrug:
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »
We got our a-- handed to us on a plater.  That weaving out front was of no help upon putting the ball in the paint and those trees handed it back...Just seemed we were out of sorts and unable to play this game.  Coach throwing players under the bus while he was above it????  No, it was him too.   That interim did a good job of coaching last night.  The commentator for the game should never work another MEAC contest EVER.  Go and do it at Kansas or wherever he came from.  Worst commentating I have ever heard.   You want to put the conference down on national tv.   :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »
We got our a-- handed to us on a plater.  That weaving out front was of no help upon putting the ball in the paint and those trees handed it back...Just seemed we were out of sorts and unable to play this game.  Coach throwing players under the bus while he was above it????  No, it was him too.   That interim did a good job of coaching last night.  The commentator for the game should never work another MEAC contest EVER.  Go and do it at Kansas or wherever he came from.  Worst commentating I have ever heard.   You want to put the conference down on national tv.   :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

What did he say about the MEAC that isn't true?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »

totally agree about the commentator, he did a "horrible" job...

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 03:33:48 PM »
Agreeing with the aggies on the commentators.  They were terrible.  What happened to Stan Lewter?
― Isaac Asimov

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »
The color(ed) commentator from last night was King McClure.  He played at Baylor last year.  He talked about how intimidating it was for him to play at Phog Allen Fieldhouse at Kansas.  But he said the atmosphere at Corbett was like games when he was in high school. WTF??  Emmit Smith said the same thing a few years ago about the Bayou Classic.  These N-words who would not even consider attending an HBCU need to stay away from our games.  I have been to many high school games (including Dudley vs. Ben L. Smith and Dudley vs. Hillside) they are never as loud and crazy as it gets at a rivalry HBCU game like NCCU vs. A&T.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »
A friend that played at Wofford said BigSouth has similar travel as the MEAC.  There are no jets to all games unless a distance of hours in driving which was rare.  SCSU once flew to Delaware State and bused back.   That announcer was junk sent by ESPN?  NCCU fly to several games each year.      :shrug:    MEAC teams fly to games.  In an effort to build himself and others above the conference with all that hullabaloo  BS, was way out of line.  Hope that is his last attempt to portrait this conference on National TV.  It was obvious from the get go, that neophyte  coach at A&T prepared for this one and they beat our a--.   :shrug:  That PG took us apart.      :shrug:   As well as the interim has done, do you think suspended coach will survive his misstep?  Aggies living this newbie coach, i'm told.   :shrug:  His type is out there and can recruit and coach if given the opportunity.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule