News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NCCU Should Leave MEAC  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Should Leave MEAC
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
So eagles in all seriousness what are your options? Is there a commitment to remain in the MEAC?

in all seriousness why are you asking us on Onnidan?  Did the aggie people in charge ask you OR did you find out in the media.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 01:55:19 PM »
So eagles in all seriousness what are your options? Is there a commitment to remain in the MEAC?

in all seriousness why are you asking us on Onnidan?  Did the aggie people in charge ask you OR did you find out in the media.

Lol, would you rather I ask you on another message board?

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »

Why don't you ask the people in charge, but first go ask your chancellor and AD why you found out on online

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 07:31:45 PM »

Yeah guys. I've seen y'all recent athletics budget. Travel expense increases are hitting you all also

Why shouldn't we be committed to the MEAC? :shrug: 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:03 PM »
We will see how much mouth you guys have come tomorrow. Let the countdown begin.
The Answer

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »

Why don't you ask the people in charge, but first go ask your chancellor and AD why you found out on online

My AD told us in 2015, 2016 and 2017 he was considering other conferences due to travel expenses. I found out the when and where right along with everyone else but that's not uncommon in mergers and acquisitions.
Anyways just trying to encourage you guys to gauge how your admins feel about current travel expenses but if you're good with not knowing then cool.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:58:52 PM by Decks »

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 09:29:35 AM »

My AD told us in 2015, 2016 and 2017 he was considering other conferences due to travel expenses. I found out the when and where right along with everyone else but that's not uncommon in mergers and acquisitions.
Anyways just trying to encourage you guys to gauge how your admins feel about current travel expenses but if you're good with not knowing then cool.

So the main reason was to lower travel expenses. How much did y'all sell out for? I meant how much y'all saving on travel?

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »

So the main reason was to lower travel expenses. How much did y'all sell out for? I meant how much y'all saving on travel?

Its been stated often enough. You can easily look it up for yourself.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2020/02/07/move-to-big-south-offers-big-financial-benefits.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:44:52 AM by Decks »

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 07:53:54 PM »
We will see how much mouth you guys have come tomorrow. Let the countdown begin.

:lmao:

Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:38 PM »
Pay attention to pattens in OOC scheduling.

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »
NCCU Eagle Nation is on the move!!!! :clap:
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2020, 09:51:02 AM »
NCCU has the least interest in remaining in the MEAC. They only recently rejoined, probably gave Big South a very serious look when they went D1 and now A&T and also Hampton are Big South. MEAC to Big South is probably a good move for NCCU. We remaining MEAC schools will have to figure it out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:02:06 PM by AimHigh »

Offline POINT GUARD

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »
If there's an HBCU that can shine in the Big South, I think it is NCCU.  They have the strongest fan base, major support from the Raleigh-Durham, Research Triangle Park and Chapel Hill area, plus the history of Durham to match.  Please don't think other conferences aren't knowledgeable of this.  A move to the Big South for NCCU is a much stronger advancement for Durham than it is for Greensboro.  NCCU will not blink an eye because their arch rival has packed up and moved on to the "bigger leagues."  I wish them well, but, they will have bigger problems from their alumni than they will from people on this board.  In truth, A&T and the Big South would need an NCCU to augment it's presence and goals for their transforming conference. 

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2020, 08:45:47 AM »

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2020/02/07/move-to-big-south-offers-big-financial-benefits.html

Ok so $500,000.00 but you were bringing in more than that from Celebration Bowl... Will be interesting to see what your revenue is when you get to Big South, ticket sells, contributions and such.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2020, 10:00:49 AM »

Ok so $500,000.00 but you were bringing in more than that from Celebration Bowl... Will be interesting to see what your revenue is when you get to Big South, ticket sells, contributions and such.

That’s $500K every year guaranteed. CB money is not guaranteed...sure we have done great since the game was created, but there is no guarantee you make it every year...or how long the game will be played...or if renewed what the terms will be.

I’d love to stay in the MEAC, but our savings in travel costs are real.

I also expect the outlying football programs (NAU, KSU, MU) to move on in time as well. With the prospect of adding replacement schools within the Va to SC footprint the compact nature of the conference will continue to add additional savings as well.

Maybe NCCU joins...maybe not the birds have to do what is best for them. They helped form the MEAC...then left...then came back. Who knows what nccu will do over the next 5 years.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News