News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: First Ever HBCU Polo Team Is At Morehouse College  (Read 410 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Re: First Ever HBCU Polo Team Is At Morehouse College
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 03:00:10 PM »
Cool Morehouse also has a Swimming team call the Maroon Tiger Sharks and a Rugby Team. Them and FAMU has Rugby Teams. :nod:

you mean HAD a swim team called the Tiger Sharks. That program was killed decades ago.
There is an AUC swim team but they are not ncaa-sanctioned.

The BLACK SABRES is Da'House's rugby team.

Polo? Meh!   :tongue2:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 03:03:21 PM by Jay_Thomas »

Online TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 07:24:22 PM »
Well, I am not a fan of polo. But I am glad to see us (African Americans) venture into sports that, culturally, we do not usually bother with. But lets keep in mind, that a lot of those sports are very expensive.

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 07:39:04 PM »
 :clap:

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 12:22:33 AM »
There was once a SIAC swim championship and Morehouse won all of them. One year, they split in two meets with Georgia Tech. But it did not take very long for there to be few programs in the area that were allowed to compete with them and they called it quits.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 08:10:01 AM »
 ;D Ole Cussin Samuel Jackson was also on that championship Tiger Sharks team, if I am not mistaken.

sometimes I wonder if Sam and I are cousins. He from Chattanooga, Ike Sr was from Chattanooga and they got cussin down like poetry...ok, so do I..sheeddddup!  ::)  :lol:

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 09:18:43 AM »
Also former President Keith was on the team. From what I understand, they never recruited anyone. The Bros were on campus and they could swim. They also had a bowling team that no one knows about. Same with it. There are table tennis tables where the bowling alley once was.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »
Philadelphia is home to an exclusive club sport that’s creating opportunities for Black youths.

‘Why I Play’: Being Black in polo (Video)
https://theundefeated.com/videos/why-i-play-being-black-in-polo/

:nod:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:13:37 PM by klg14 »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »
Had lunch today with my dawg who’s a Maurader....the dude is off the damn chain.....mug called Da House’s polo team “a bunch of boujee, glee club dudes riding bareback” and I had to give him all kind of side eye for that....and then he tried to give me that “what?” Look......

That ninja is cra-cray....

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2020, 02:31:48 PM »
Had lunch today with my dawg who’s a Maurader....the dude is off the damn chain.....mug called Da House’s polo team “a bunch of boujee, glee club dudes riding bareback” and I had to give him all kind of side eye for that....and then he tried to give me that “what?” Look......

::)

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »

sounds like he has....issues.   :blush:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 02:44:15 PM »
Seriously, I had to ask if his MC application was denied or something....

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 02:46:58 PM »
Seriously, I had to ask if his MC application was denied or something....

:lol:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2020, 08:56:15 AM »
TO EACH HIS OWN. WHO CLEANS UP ALL THE HORSE TURDS?
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News