News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline prettynupe1414

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
I agree. Well said Professor and he has dropped the Mic and left the stage. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
F.O.N  F.O.N

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »
The goal for A&T by 2023 is 30% non-African American.

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »
Nobody has mentioned the a&t AD's ethnicity. How much did that play into all this it.

Over 100 years of catering to Blacks and whites on a more recent note, and now all of a sudden y'all need even more diversity. Bluefield State part II coming to Gr'boro soon.

Now the white man is leading us down the wrong path. Forget the fact that A&T is thriving in all sports under his leadership ( Won all sports trophies in 2018-2019 for men and women. Forget that membership in the Aggie Athletic Foundation is up. Forget that donations to athletics have went over 1 million for the 1st time. Earl Hilton is the best thing to happen to Aggie Athletics. Guess you want us to struggle like we did under Dee Todd , Davis , and others.

You don't sell your soul for athletic accolades. But apparently you think its a good idea.

How exactly did we sell our souls? Guess since we in the Big South , we aren't an HBCU anymore and are doing a disservice to every student and living alum.

SMH.

Bluefield State is a HBCU in name only. Your school may be next considering.

Above you talked about your athletic prowess under the your current AD. Which prompted my comment.  As far as attracting a more diversified student body, I thought that could and should be attained by curriculum offerings NOT athletic conference affiliation.  So again selling your HBCU status for athletic accolades. It's not hard to understand.

Sadly M&G, he doesn't want to understand.  trump, I mean their AD pull one on them.  These guys are trained to not speak against a&t's a.d.  However, there are a lot of pissed aggies in this world. I respect them more than these folks.  I guess they are trying to convince themselves that this is the right move.  I am done with this, move on aggies. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
Nobody has mentioned the a&t AD's ethnicity. How much did that play into all this it.

Over 100 years of catering to Blacks and whites on a more recent note, and now all of a sudden y'all need even more diversity. Bluefield State part II coming to Gr'boro soon.

Now the white man is leading us down the wrong path. Forget the fact that A&T is thriving in all sports under his leadership ( Won all sports trophies in 2018-2019 for men and women. Forget that membership in the Aggie Athletic Foundation is up. Forget that donations to athletics have went over 1 million for the 1st time. Earl Hilton is the best thing to happen to Aggie Athletics. Guess you want us to struggle like we did under Dee Todd , Davis , and others.

You don't sell your soul for athletic accolades. But apparently you think its a good idea.

How exactly did we sell our souls? Guess since we in the Big South , we aren't an HBCU anymore and are doing a disservice to every student and living alum.

SMH.

Above you talked about your athletic prowess under the your current AD. Which prompted my comment.  As far as attracting a more diversified student body, I thought that could and should be attained by curriculum offerings NOT athletic conference affiliation.  So again selling your HBCU status for athletic accolades. It's not hard to understand.

Sadly M&G, he doesn't want to understand.  trump, I mean their AD pull one on them.  These guys are trained to not speak against a&t's a.d.  However, there are a lot of pissed aggies in this world. I respect them more than these folks.  I guess they are trying to convince themselves that this is the right move.  I am done with this, move on aggies.

Bwhahaha not trying to convenience anything. I'm not rich nor am i a big money donor , but i cut checks to A&T in athletics. Those in the AAF have known about this. We were moreso shocked at the timing. But the goal is to get A&T into a FBS conference. It's why we are fundraising. It's why we are adding sports. And looking at ways to become a regional power. That is what the move is about. A step towards our final goal. Sadly ya'll don't see it that way. And this is more Martin vision than Earl imo. 

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
I agree. Well said Professor and he has dropped the Mic and left the stage. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just weird man. A&T is doing what is in our best interest. But we selling out. I guess this must be what it feels like when you leave the hood to move to the burbs. lol. 

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2020, 10:21:01 AM »
The MEAC has 9 football members. When we go to the Big South the MEAC will have 8 football members.

The Big South will have 8 football members and 3 are part time members.

The MEAC doesn't have problems.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »

Just weird man. A&T is doing what is in our best interest. But we selling out. I guess this must be what it feels like when you leave the hood to move to the burbs. lol.

Bro I am going to bookmark this and a couple of other threads.   :nod:

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
The MEAC has been around for 50 years. The Florida members have been around for 40 years. The MEAC is fine.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
The MEAC has 9 football members. When we go to the Big South the MEAC will have 8 football members.

The Big South will have 8 football members and 3 are part time members.

The MEAC doesn't have problems.

I don’t think it ends with A&T and Hampton.

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2020, 10:00:00 PM »

SMH.

Bwhahaha not trying to convenience anything. I'm not rich nor am i a big money donor , but i cut checks to A&T in athletics. Those in the AAF have known about this. We were moreso shocked at the timing. But the goal is to get A&T into a FBS conference. It's why we are fundraising. It's why we are adding sports. And looking at ways to become a regional power. That is what the move is about. A step towards our final goal. Sadly ya'll don't see it that way. And this is more Martin vision than Earl imo.

A&T has to do what it think is best for them, it's their decision. The only question I would ask is if the goal is to be FBS as many Aggies have stated and the move to the Big South was motivated by alleviating student-athletes being away from classes for extended periods of time Wouldn't a move to FBS be a direct contradiction to that? Sun Belt extends from NC to Texas, and Conference USA extends from West Virginia to Texas. Every FBS conference for that matter is going to have a considerably large footprint that will make it daunting for the Aggies not to miss more class time. Just a thought.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2020, 10:30:34 PM »
FBS means no more travel on buses.  Fly every game which will be costly, but, maybe they have a plan.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2020, 07:41:44 AM »
actually, I like that there are now 2 hbcus in the big south and not just 1. the ovc should have picked up another hbcu when they lost samford university, but I digress.

Good luck, Aggies. Show em who you are.  Selling your souls? How sway? So long as AyanTee continues in their mission of educating our kids [and others], their mission has not changed.  We are just talking sports here. There is more to a school than sports. Yeah, sports is big, but not everything...ijs.

As for Bluefield State and WV State, they will always be HISTORICALLY Black colleges and universities as they were founded even if their Black enrollment is down to 3 Black students. But think about, who da heyal wants to go to school in WEST VIRGINIA? And who doesn't want to get out of that hicktown state?  :lol:

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
The pits of he'll for blacks and poor whites.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2020, 07:25:13 PM »
I just thought about the CIAA losing Hampton, Norfolk State, A&T, Howard, etc and the conference is still rolling. I think the MEAC will be fine.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2020, 08:07:21 PM »
I think the MEAC will be fine. As long as we don't lose any more members.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News