News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?  (Read 2225 times)

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »
Financially the move will not affect our bottomline.  Only five teams play football in that conference. Like Hampton, A&T will have to drum up teams to fill that void.  Anytime NCCU-A&T meet on the gridiron translates to a good payday.  The end justifies the mean so we will play that game- however daunting.   Boycott talk is from those not involved and simply foolish.  With only 5 FB schools currently in that conference WSSU could possibly wiggle out a game in Greensboro.  You still want to boycott WSSU?   :tiptoe:.  I'm sure Etienne would get that one quicker than a New York minute.
Again you are wrong. There are nine schools that play football in that coference. WSSU fans understand the betrayal form a&t, and will not support their need to exploit other HBCUs, just to have money to spend dating all those PWS. Dude, where's your HBCU Pride?

There will be 9 schools playing football when A&T is fully scheduled in the Big South. That will still leave them with at minimum 3 out of conference games to play, and they could still do a home-home series or neutral site game with NCCU, a home-home with another FCS school  and an away FBS game. Please explain to me how they would be exploiting other HBCUs?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 10:24:55 PM »
The conference could mandate a reduction in scholarships in football that could make the conference more attractive financially. The NEC has a scholarship maximum in place for football and The Pioneer League doesn’t offer scholarships at all, along with the Ivy League.

The MEAC still would be a bottom feeding conference. Hampton and A&T left because over half the schools aren't pulling their weight.

They should mandate all schools give the max in scholarships or find another conference. Right now they can't compete with the Pioneer Conference.
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:59:50 AM »
Financially the move will not affect our bottomline.  Only five teams play football in that conference. Like Hampton, A&T will have to drum up teams to fill that void.  Anytime NCCU-A&T meet on the gridiron translates to a good payday.  The end justifies the mean so we will play that game- however daunting.   Boycott talk is from those not involved and simply foolish.  With only 5 FB schools currently in that conference WSSU could possibly wiggle out a game in Greensboro.  You still want to boycott WSSU?   :tiptoe:.  I'm sure Etienne would get that one quicker than a New York minute.
Again you are wrong. There are nine schools that play football in that coference. WSSU fans understand the betrayal form a&t, and will not support their need to exploit other HBCUs, just to have money to spend dating all those PWS. Dude, where's your HBCU Pride?

Are you actually reading the crazy mess you are typing?

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:27 AM »
Wrong,?   Radford, High Point, Longwood, UNCA,USC upstate, nor Winthrop play football.  N Alabama and some other school is affiliated only in the sport of football. How long will that last?  Liberty and Coastal Carolina are not the only schools to leave .Since 1987 fourteen institutions have left that conference  (14)  Some fools on this board have the audacity to talk about conference failures.    Hampton has the second largest on campus football stadium in that conference.and one of the largest on campus arenas.   The Aggies will have the largest on campus facilities in the whole shebang upon joining.  The conference is shaky at most and THE AGGIES are what was needed to again prop it up.  Some have the audacity to speak bad of the MEAC  (colder ice syndrome).  NCCU looked at the Big South during our exploratory run prior to joining the MEAC. Looked back at the material put together by the consultants  which listed the members at that time and its a whole new roster of schools currently. We decided it was not a good fit for us and saw through the fluff presented.   TV?  The Big South has the same live stream we currently have in the MEAC  (NCCU) and its FREE. Eagles can watch games home and away on smart TV.  If you can get it on your laptop or cellphone  it will match with a smart tv.    Instead of matching wits or online fussing for the rush apparently achieved to argue- take a look.  The information is here for all to see.  Google it! :o   Stop looking for a fight.  NCCU will be fine, we will continue our long standing fights with the Aggies because it is what it is, a rivalry.  Hypocrisy doesn't reach far enough to boycott. $orry.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:02:06 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 08:13:57 AM »
I think the A&T want’s to diversify to increase their white enrollment as well and save money by decreasing long trips of road games. They figure the best way to appeal is by joining a white conference.  This may work and it may not. I’m not sure if Hampton’s white enrollment increased any.

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »
And Latinos... :)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
".....  TV?  The Big South has the same live stream we currently have in the MEAC  (NCCU) and its FREE. Eagles can watch games home and away on smart TV.  If you can get it on your laptop or cellphone  it will match with a smart tv.    "

I'm not here to argue but for information.  Where do I find out more about this free TV? Does it apply to basketball? If you go the NCCUEaglePride.com it has the links for audio and visual feeds and for basketball it's FloHoops or FloSports and it's not free.  Many of our football games were on ESPN+ which also is not free.

So, share the wealth and tell us where the free video feeds are?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »
I think the A&T want’s to diversify to increase their white enrollment as well and save money by decreasing long trips of road games. They figure the best way to appeal is by joining a white conference.  This may work and it may not. I’m not sure if Hampton’s white enrollment increased any.
Now I've heard it all

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
".....  TV?  The Big South has the same live stream we currently have in the MEAC  (NCCU) and its FREE. Eagles can watch games home and away on smart TV.  If you can get it on your laptop or cellphone  it will match with a smart tv.    "

I'm not here to argue but for information.  Where do I find out more about this free TV? Does it apply to basketball? If you go the NCCUEaglePride.com it has the links for audio and visual feeds and for basketball it's FloHoops or FloSports and it's not free.  Many of our football games were on ESPN+ which also is not free.

So, share the wealth and tell us where the free video feeds are?
$5

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »
^^^^
yeah, but he said free.

I pay enough for cable/internet/netflix and if I can get a free view why not.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 09:55:33 AM »
The conference could mandate a reduction in scholarships in football that could make the conference more attractive financially. The NEC has a scholarship maximum in place for football and The Pioneer League doesn’t offer scholarships at all, along with the Ivy League.
And just where did you get this information from?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

To correct myself, it’s 45 the NEC offers, not 40 equivalents. This has been in effect since 2009 when they increased from 30 equivalents (lower than the D2 max).

Here’s one article where it’s spoken about: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesonline.com/85a99fc6-6e4a-11e7-878b-b7e25e918026.html%3ftemplate=ampart
You do realize that eliminate any chance of playing any fbs schools for a payday?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

You do realize that those teams have been and are scheduled for money games? The same thing with a few Ivy League schools.

And Savannah State was playing 2-3 body bag games a year. I don’t think they helped very much.

But maybe they did.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »

There will be 9 schools playing football when A&T is fully scheduled in the Big South. That will still leave them with at minimum 3 out of conference games to play, and they could still do a home-home series or neutral site game with NCCU, a home-home with another FCS school  and an away FBS game. Please explain to me how they would be exploiting other HBCUs?

It will be 8, Presbyterian is dropping football scholarships and going to the Pioneer league. 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »

Are you saying that A&T think the need for Black Colleges to give people, who cannot get into the white schools, an opportunity no longer exists? Originally, we needed our schools because they would not allow us to attend theirs. When did that change. Is there a need to give white students more chances to get an education? No. So why actively seek to increase the white students at their schools. Let us do that when they accept blacks in the amounts needed... and not just to play sports for them.  :shrug:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
^^^^
yeah, but he said free.

I pay enough for cable/internet/netflix and if I can get a free view why not.
That's about as free as it gets for streaming live games. And all of them weren't on espn+

Btw I'm still waiting for you to tell me when you got that $500million budget for an FCS team.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »

Are you saying that A&T think the need for Black Colleges to give people, who cannot get into the white schools, an opportunity no longer exists? Originally, we needed our schools because they would not allow us to attend theirs. When did that change. Is there a need to give white students more chances to get an education? No. So why actively seek to increase the white students at their schools. Let us do that when they accept blacks in the amounts needed... and not just to play sports for them.  :shrug:

I get what you are saying, and I don't want us to lose our culture of HBCUs.  However, we are now competing with schools who have been strategically going after black students.  Look at schools like ODU, UNCC, UNCG, Winthrop, and GA State for example.  Seems like these southern states are trying to push more black students to their second tier state universities as a way to cripple HBCUs.  You wont see the percentage of black students at flagship state schools like UNC, UVA, UGA, GT, USC, etc. pick up, but our HBCUs can't ignore that growth of non black students might become a vital component of our continuing existence.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News