News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What will be best for the other MEAC schools?
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »
Should some seek SWAC membership?
Should some join A&T and Hampton in the Big South?
Should some return to the CIAA?
Should they stay put and rebuild the MEAC?

Who should do what? What do you think?

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: What will be best for the other MEAC schools?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 10:33:27 AM »
I think each school will do what’s best for them and that probably includes a little of each of the first 3 options.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:03:39 PM »
Wise, to follow the 4th option.  The MEAC is a strong conference surviving without a lot of outside corporate support at this point, but we continuously RISE and SURVIVE. Ice may appear colder from ersatz friendly relations across the tracks never having your best interest as their own unless legislated in reversing injustices heretofore expressed as norms.   The MEAC need not be rebuilt but enhanced with others interested to join a great conference.  We all need to stop and take a good look at what we have built from that Ad Hoc group that met in Durham in 1970 to create this conference.  Lift every voice and sing"drunk with the wine of the world  we forget thee".     :no: :nono2: :no:    I believe and remain TRUE.   :clap:  To the Aggies who have taken this bold step away from our heritage.  I hope this works for you and your fan base, without arrests, for your usual lack of brevity known by your old friends in this conference who expect but ignore  IT as just "AGGIE PRIDE!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:21:51 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »
Wise, to follow the 4th option.  The MEAC is a strong conference surviving without a lot of outside corporate support at this point, but we continuously RISE and SURVIVE. Ice may appear colder from ersatz friendly relations across the tracks never having your best interest as their own unless legislated in reversing injustices heretofore expressed as norms.   The MEAC need not be rebuilt but enhanced with others interested to join a great conference.  We all need to stop and take a good look at what we have built from that Ad Hoc group that met in Durham in 1970 to create this conference.  Lift every voice and sing"drunk with the wine of the world  we forget thee".     :no: :nono2: :no:    I believe and remain TRUE.   :clap:  To the Aggies who have taken this bold step away from our heritage.  I hope this works for you and your fan base, without arrests, for your usual lack of brevity known by your old friends in this conference who expect but ignore  IT as just "AGGIE PRIDE!

The problem I have with the fourth option is that it would almost certainly mean poaching BSU and/or VSU from the CIAA.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »

The problem I have with the fourth option is that it would almost certainly mean poaching BSU and/or VSU from the CIAA.

Option 4 is not happening. Since the last time an HBCU has moved up the application has increased to $1MM.  Couple that with the fact that whatever team would make the move would have to increase its scholarship allotment and staff by more than double. That’s a huge ask!

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »
The conference could mandate a reduction in scholarships in football that could make the conference more attractive financially. The NEC has a scholarship maximum in place for football and The Pioneer League doesn’t offer scholarships at all, along with the Ivy League.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »
The conference could mandate a reduction in scholarships in football that could make the conference more attractive financially. The NEC has a scholarship maximum in place for football and The Pioneer League doesn’t offer scholarships at all, along with the Ivy League.

The MEAC still would be a bottom feeding conference. Hampton and A&T left because over half the schools aren't pulling their weight.

They should mandate all schools give the max in scholarships or find another conference. Right now they can't compete with the Pioneer Conference.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 06:36:50 PM »
I personally would love if Howard returned to the CIAA and CI could also snag Morehouse, Clark-Atlanta and even Tuskegee!

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
I don't think those schools would ever leave the SIAC. I believe that each of them and old Atlanta University are charter members of the SIAC. Not to mention that five of the football playing schools are in Georgia. There are only two long trips for any SIAC football teams and those are to Kentucky State and Central State. If they wanted to, I think it would be quite possible for those two schools to find a football playing conference in the Kentucky and Ohio areas. I think that the SIAC is their choice.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 08:39:51 PM »
No D2 HBCU is moving up that train has left the station. I doubt a PWI would pivot to become a full member as well.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 10:18:41 PM »
You better think quick.

https://www.aseaofred.com/asun-commissioner-ted-gumbart-further-explains-leagues-plan/?fbclid=IwAR1L1QhGFKdUsVD8yB0Qd-WPrTUIsOxJh67A9U4Gm7BgdJ5dxIQJVT0pVt8

If NCCU is interested in this, hopefully, they would share this idea with us and we don't find out on social media like a lot of aggies did.  Why the big secret? 

Also, current MEAC should continue as is.  The way some people are responding, it seems that some are happy that we are going though this.  :shrug: 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News