News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Aggies to Announce on Friday that they are leaving the MEAC  (Read 16943 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies to Announce on Friday that they are leaving the MEAC
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

MEAC Football 2021 Season
South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

7 conference games and 4 Out of Conference games. Everyone wins

Or soon down the road looking something like this.

Big South Northern Division
Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Big South Southern Division
Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

Yes I see four more possible defections to the Big South, for the same reasons Hampton and A&T joined.

We're using the conference (which is basically us) as an excuse to defect for lower travel costs instead of having the balls to change our own conference.  If four more possibly defect, then why don't those same four advocate to expel the southern teams?  Aren't the southern teams the problem? 

I like and have a great deal of respect for FAMU and BCU and consider FAMU a flagship within the conference.  But if the southern schools are the problem, why is everyone considering the easy way out?  There is no solution to solve this problem, unless we can recruit more southern teams.  It is what it is.
I got no dog in this fight.  But you can't expel a school just because you don't want to travel and play them.  DAMN!!! smh...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2020, 12:33:31 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

Yes I see four more possible defections to the Big South, for the same reasons Hampton and A&T joined.

We're using the conference (which is basically us) as an excuse to defect for lower travel costs instead of having the balls to change our own conference.  If four more possibly defect, then why don't those same four advocate to expel the southern teams?  Aren't the southern teams the problem? 

I like and have a great deal of respect for FAMU and BCU and consider FAMU a flagship within the conference.  But if the southern schools are the problem, why is everyone considering the easy way out?  There is no solution to solve this problem, unless we can recruit more southern teams.  It is what it is.
I got no dog in this fight.  But you can't expel a school just because you don't want to travel and play them.  DAMN!!! smh...

I realize that. I was exaggerating to make a greater point.  It's been said on various sites that A&T warned the MEAC to do something about the travel for years. . .who the heck was Martin warning?  Himself?  A&T left because A&T had an opportunity. . nothing more nothing less. 

This move puts the rest of us at a short term disadvantage. However, unless the entire conference dissolves, I don't envision four schools defecting to the Big South because of travel costs. 

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2020, 12:41:43 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

I realize that. I was exaggerating to make a greater point.  It's been said on various sites that A&T warned the MEAC to do something about the travel for years. . .who the heck was Martin warning?  Himself?  A&T left because A&T had an opportunity. . nothing more nothing less. 

This move puts the rest of us at a short term disadvantage. However, unless the entire conference dissolves, I don't envision four schools defecting to the Big South because of travel costs.

He warned Thomas. A&T first started talking about this in 2015 And so has FAMU. They started in 14. Why do you think Savannah State got in. To help Southern teams travel.

Same reason MEAC was trying to get AA&M and ASU to the MEAC to appease FAMU, BCU and A&T. 

https://hbcugameday.com/2014/09/15/report-says-famu-should-consider-jumping-to-swac/

https://hbcugameday.com/2017/06/14/real-rumor-alabama-state-aamu-meac/

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

I have to agree with this. The schools in the MEAC already knew about travel in the MEAC since forever. So,,,,,,,,
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

He warned Thomas. A&T first started talking about this in 2015 And so has FAMU. They started in 14. Why do you think Savannah State got in. To help Southern teams travel.

Same reason MEAC was trying to get AA&M and ASU to the MEAC to appease FAMU, BCU and A&T. 

https://hbcugameday.com/2014/09/15/report-says-famu-should-consider-jumping-to-swac/

So yall took advantage of an opportunity to leave, which is what I said.  Talks about four additional MEAC schools leaving for the Big South is practically absurd.  Alongside Hampton and A&T, that would have meant six schools had an opportunity to do something (perhaps even something radical) about the situtation, but let it fester.  As fans, we blame Thomas for everything, when he's a proxy at best.

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2020, 01:47:36 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

So yall took advantage of an opportunity to leave, which is what I said.  Talks about four additional MEAC schools leaving for the Big South is practically absurd.  Alongside Hampton and A&T, that would have meant six schools had an opportunity to do something (perhaps even something radical) about the situtation, but let it fester.  As fans, we blame Thomas for everything, when he's a proxy at best.

We made the best decision for A&T. Hell A&T voted against CB. Our leadership hasn't been happy with Thomas for awhile , and apparently it boiled over and we left. If the MEAC is happy with him, so be it.

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »
Just go ahead and admit it. You don’t want to be called the Black National Champions. You want to be called the National Champions.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »
Just go ahead and admit it. You don’t want to be called the Black National Champions. You want to be called the National Champions.

How about both?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

I have to agree with this. The schools in the MEAC already knew about travel in the MEAC since forever. So,,,,,,,,
That's what so damn crazy about the entire thing. Their excuse is they are doing it because of travel. But than some question why FAMU would go to the SWAC. So basically if FAMU follow this insanity. They will still have the same exact problem.  Mane if they don't stop with the bullisht.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:51:44 PM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

The truth of the matter hurts....because we are HBCUs.....

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »
Did the MEAC have Women's sports when the conference formed?  I think women's sports may have blew up the budgets.  Football and basketball should be able to pay for themselves.  The number of non-revenue sports that the conference sponsors really places stress on athletic budgets.  Scholarships, coaches, equipment, travel, etc

I maybe going up the wrong tree

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2020, 10:03:43 PM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

We made the best decision for A&T. Hell A&T voted against CB. Our leadership hasn't been happy with Thomas for awhile , and apparently it boiled over and we left. If the MEAC is happy with him, so be it.

How was this the best decision for a&t when the majority of your supporters were caught off guard with this announcement?  It seemed to have been shoved down your throats with some key talking points.  This is trump 101.  The talking points are, shorter traveling, move towards a higher div, we will still play Central, NSU and FAMU, knowing good and well those games are not guaranteed.  Why would ANY MEAC team be interested in helping a&t transition as if you never left the MEAC?  Enjoy your last year in the MEAC.  We are going to be done for a while.       
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2020, 01:47:27 AM »
Did the MEAC have Women's sports when the conference formed?  I think women's sports may have blew up the budgets.  Football and basketball should be able to pay for themselves.  The number of non-revenue sports that the conference sponsors really places stress on athletic budgets.  Scholarships, coaches, equipment, travel, etc

I maybe going up the wrong tree
Title nine effected everyone and it's been around for decades

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2020, 09:30:27 AM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

How was this the best decision for a&t when the majority of your supporters were caught off guard with this announcement?  It seemed to have been shoved down your throats with some key talking points.  This is trump 101.  The talking points are, shorter traveling, move towards a higher div, we will still play Central, NSU and FAMU, knowing good and well those games are not guaranteed.  Why would ANY MEAC team be interested in helping a&t transition as if you never left the MEAC?  Enjoy your last year in the MEAC.  We are going to be done for a while.     

Our AD has been talking about travel costs since 2015. This isn't the 1st time we heard about the Big South. We just didn't know it would be this soon. We have been looking at COAS as well ( Cost of Attendance Stipend).

As far as future schedules we will be fine.  the blueprint has been laid. We will play 7 conference games ,a FBS and a mixture of  HBCU & PWC FCS schools. NCCU only sale out other than your homecoming and that is A&T. I doubt NCCU is just going to walk away from A&T. But we shall see.

2021 - we only need 1 game which i assume NCCU will be offered 1st. If you don't take it , i'm sure FAMU, NSU or SCSU will.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2020, 09:51:00 AM »
Big South Football 2021
North Carolina A&T
Monmouth
Kennesaw State
Charleston Southern
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
Hampton
North Alabama

South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina Central
Morgan State
Howard
Delaware State
Florida A&M

Hampton
Norfolk State
Campbell
North Carolina Central
North Carolina A&T
Gardner-Webb

Charleston Southern
SC State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama
Florida A&M
Bethune-Cookman

You can't be serious.

What you just said.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule