News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Aggies to Announce on Friday that they are leaving the MEAC  (Read 6335 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies to Announce on Friday that they are leaving the MEAC
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
Is this a done deal? 

"The move is pending approval of A&T’s board of trustees, which meets Friday morning. If that approval happens, A&T plans to hold a news conference at 10 a.m. Friday to formally announce the change of leagues, according to a source inside the university who spoke on condition of anonymity."
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »
A&T vs NCCU is not going anywhere.   We will continue that game as long as there is an A&TSU and NCCU.   Best wishes to the Aggies, our long standing rivals.  Do what you have to do in fulfilling your business model.  We will still go after that dog tail because that is the only interest we can have in that fight.   :bow: :bow: :nod: :nod: :bow: :bow:  We have to await the decision of their BOT come Friday.  A&T has a very good board that gathered all the figures, prognostics prior to making this leap, i'm sure.   Smart folk who will not be second guessed by me- whichever way they vote. 

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »
A&T vs NCCU is not going anywhere.   We will continue that game as long as there is an A&TSU and NCCU.   Best wishes to the Aggies, our long standing rivals.  Do what you have to do in fulfilling your business model.  We will still go after that dog tail because that is the only interest we can have in that fight.   :bow: :bow: :nod: :nod: :bow: :bow:  We have to await the decision of their BOT come Friday.  A&T has a very good board that gathered all the figures, prognostics prior to making this leap, i'm sure.   Smart folk who will not be second guessed by me- whichever way they vote. 

Don't count on it.  Being in two different conferences can be difficult to schedule.  I will not complain about not playing them.  It was their choice to leave.  Be honest, I feel no HBCU should play them.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 08:17:40 PM »
I am sure the Chancellor would not have scheduled a news conference had he not have the votes to make the move.  I regret their leaving.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:00:05 PM by SSUTigerFan »

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »
:no:

:tiptoe:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
I don't understand you people. When Hampton did it, y'all spent a year calling them a sell-out, now you are wishing A&T well.  :shrug: There is nothing wrong with the MEAC, other than it's made up of poor HBCUs. This is another example of black folk running away from other black folk because they somehow feel they deserve better.  If we keep doing this crap, we are never going to have things we can call our own.  There comes a point where black are going to have to stop being all inclusive, and leave the stragglers behind. In the case of the MEAC, we are talking about schools that probably should be in the Ciaa.

As a community, we allow the losers to pull down the entire community because we feel it is the godly thing to do.  When they become too much trouble, we abandon them.

I'm not feeling this A&T. I would rather you not chase white folk and stay true to your traditions, natural rivals, and culture. At the end of the day, those white folk ain't going to love you, unless you are making them look good.

What so bad about forgetting about rankings, and ignore white folk by playing  each other?  If the athletes are good, they are going to make it to the pros regardless of who is on the schedule. I guess A&T feels  the white man's conference is going to be more attractive when trying to recruit.  :shrug: I don't think so. Those kids who refuse to attend an A&T in the MEAC are not going to attend an A&T in the Big South.  I guess I will have to find another adopted HBCU to support.  :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:16:47 PM by Capler »

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »
Capler, my sentiments exactly. Integration destroyed a lot of Black establishments, high schools, sports and communities. :no:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:46:34 PM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline Grillmaster33

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
I'm trying to read to understand, but I am not finding answers.  Why haven't we, the alum, been shown this grand vision?  I don't see it. 

I teach.  I am a direct pipeline for resources and students to A&T.  I'd like to think I deserve a little more respect and insight.

I am not feeling this. 

I am seeking reasons why... 

I don't like it. 
North Carolina A&T is The #1 HBCU in the nation, by US News & World Report.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 10:03:52 PM »
I feel like I did when Trump won the election. >:(  I lost so much respect for Hampton, and now a&t... :shrug:  I pray that Central doesn't follow them. 

Cap,
Are you suggesting that the CIAA schools are not broke or have more money than MEAC schools?  I am responding to your comment that we should be in the CIAA... 

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 10:30:29 PM »
I'm trying to read to understand, but I am not finding answers.  Why haven't we, the alum, been shown this grand vision?  I don't see it. 

I teach.  I am a direct pipeline for resources and students to A&T.  I'd like to think I deserve a little more respect and insight.

I am not feeling this. 

I don't like it.

The AD gave the reason 5 years ago which were travel costs. In fact he gave a complete power point presentation on why we should leave the MEAC. Outside of the 3 associate members in football there will not be a drive over 4 hours which means virtually no overnight stays or planetrips for conference games.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »

I am not feeling this. 

I don't like it.

The AD gave the reason 5 years ago which were travel costs. In fact he gave a complete power point presentation on why we should leave the MEAC. Outside of the 3 associate members in football there will not be a drive over 4 hours which means virtually no overnight stays or planetrips for conference games.

I doubt we drive to Hampton or Charleston on a Saturday morning for a football game. There will still be hotel stays.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 10:57:00 PM »

I am not feeling this. 

I don't like it.

You all agreed to that?  Got to be more to this. :shrug:  Sounds like sell-outs to me.  I mean, a school rooted in the civil rights movement is turning their backs on a black conference for a dollar.  :no:  #trumpsupportersconference

Offline Maxell

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 11:55:19 PM »

I am not feeling this. 

I don't like it.

You all agreed to that?  Got to be more to this. :shrug:  Sounds like sell-outs to me.  I mean, a school rooted in the civil rights movement is turning their backs on a black conference for a dollar.  :no:  #trumpsupportersconference
Many people also thought those four A&T freshmen were crazy 60 years ago. Their professors and friends said don't do it. They did it anyway.  That's what AGGIES DO.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2020, 01:26:22 AM »
It's no more than what I predicted would happen when the celebration bowl agreement was made.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2020, 01:37:27 AM »

Many people also thought those four A&T freshmen were crazy 60 years ago. Their professors and friends said don't do it. They did it anyway.  That's what AGGIES DO.

What are you talking about.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News