News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:28 PM »
What else can be the reason why you don't play a sure sell-out? :shrug:  Then they want to complain about not having enough money for travel. :shrug:  Now they are banking on playing NCCU every year. :shrug:  Sorry, we are playing WSSU!  :tongue2:  Enjoy your new conference aggies. ::)

You will very likely be joining us in the next year or so. That's why I'm gonna save some of these threads.   ;D

You make me sick because what you normally say comes to pass.  :dedhorse: :dedhorse:

Who knows eagle pride? One thing is for sure the birds moving to a conference with it's core in Va, NC, and SC makes a lot of sense. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Norfolk is thinking about it.

If Central and Norfolk joined the Big South you would get A&T, Hampton, and Norfolk locked in as conference games. Out of conference you could play anyone you wanted...FBS money games, regional PWIs, and HBCU rivals...the reduction in travel expenses would be real that's for sure.

I know but I still don't like it.  Wonder why the Big South is all of a sudden interested in HBCUs?

The state of N.C. put a good deal of money into A&T over the passed few years.  Look like they are now putting more money into NCCU.  Is the state pressuring A&T and NCCU to join the big south to attract more white students, and justify the money put into them?  Was the big south the conference selected, because they will take anyone, and most the members are really looking for a new conference home? 

I cannot see how the money saved on travel will make-up for the money lost on attendance.  I have seen the amount of money A&T plans to save on travel, but I have not seen the estimated amount of money they expect to lose in attendance.   When the University of Maryland moved to the Big Ten, all these numbers were provided when the announcement was made.

One thing the move to the big south does is it reduces A&T’s footprint in the black community.  I would guess in a few years, black high school students in the DMV may not know that A&T is a HBCU.

Time will tell but I just don't think there will be drastic drops in our attendance.  Out of the five home football games we play each year our season opener (regardless of the opponent), GHOE, and rival game with Central attract great crowds.  Throw in Hampton and one or two OOC home games with other MEAC teams, HBCUs, or regional PWIs and there is still interest.  And if we continue winning attendance will be steady.   

Aggies have proven to be more than supportive of our athletic programs.  Even during years when our money making sports - football and men's basketball programs - were damn near winless we still averaged relatively high attendance.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 02:04:17 AM »
What else can be the reason why you don't play a sure sell-out? :shrug:  Then they want to complain about not having enough money for travel. :shrug:  Now they are banking on playing NCCU every year. :shrug:  Sorry, we are playing WSSU!  :tongue2:  Enjoy your new conference aggies. ::)

You will very likely be joining us in the next year or so. That's why I'm gonna save some of these threads.   ;D

You make me sick because what you normally say comes to pass.  :dedhorse: :dedhorse:

Who knows eagle pride? One thing is for sure the birds moving to a conference with it's core in Va, NC, and SC makes a lot of sense. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Norfolk is thinking about it.

If Central and Norfolk joined the Big South you would get A&T, Hampton, and Norfolk locked in as conference games. Out of conference you could play anyone you wanted...FBS money games, regional PWIs, and HBCU rivals...the reduction in travel expenses would be real that's for sure.

I know but I still don't like it.  Wonder why the Big South is all of a sudden interested in HBCUs?

The state of N.C. put a good deal of money into A&T over the passed few years.  Look like they are now putting more money into NCCU.  Is the state pressuring A&T and NCCU to join the big south to attract more white students, and justify the money put into them?  Was the big south the conference selected, because they will take anyone, and most the members are really looking for a new conference home? 

I cannot see how the money saved on travel will make-up for the money lost on attendance.  I have seen the amount of money A&T plans to save on travel, but I have not seen the estimated amount of money they expect to lose in attendance.   When the University of Maryland moved to the Big Ten, all these numbers were provided when the announcement was made.

One thing the move to the big south does is it reduces A&T’s footprint in the black community.  I would guess in a few years, black high school students in the DMV may not know that A&T is a HBCU.

Attendance will be unaffected by this move.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

Wrong again... If they have to gradually match the academic standards of the other Big South School's, A&T would lose about half of its students. To find 12,500 black students that score 1,000-plus on the SATs would be extremely difficult. I can see the, "second chance" opportunity for black students going out the window at A&T. How many of you on this forum made more than 1,000? And how many of A&T's current students would get accepted in a Big South school? If A&T don't try to match the other schools academic standards, they will be viewed as an inferior schools by its Big South peers. You guys are missing the big picture as to why we have HBCUs and you can't think any further than a ball.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »

Wrong again... If they have to gradually match the academic standards of the other Big South School's, A&T would lose about half of its students. To find 12,500 black students that score 1,000-plus on the SATs would be extremely difficult. I can see the, "second chance" opportunity for black students going out the window at A&T. How many of you on this forum made more than 1,000? And how many of A&T's current students would get accepted in a Big South school? If A&T don't try to match the other schools academic standards, they will be viewed as an inferior schools by its Big South peers. You guys are missing the big picture as to why we have HBCUs and you can't think any further than a ball.

Where are you getting this from? We are avg 10k applications yearly for the past 4 years for a freshman class of 3500. Our academic standards aren't going to change. Your just honestly ranting about things you have no clue about.
A&T is fine. We actually are growing in a time where HBCUs are losing students.

This is 2016

https://www.greensboro.com/news/education/applications-up-way-up-at-n-c-a-t/article_627b426b-3ec6-5c18-8d60-4b835ddb5259.html

This is 2018

https://www.journalnow.com/n-c-a-t-notes-freshman-applications-up-university-looks/article_2ce66070-7a08-52aa-9604-8b30f4addaa1.html

HBCU's down but A&T is growing

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/enrollment-declines-threaten-future-hbcus-disheartening-alumni-n1158191

Not all schools are struggling, however. North Carolina A&T, for example, has experienced yearly growth in attendance for the last decade.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »

I agree , if we can put 16,500 in Aggie Stadium on a Thursday night against Del State, we will be fine.

I'm glad those Thur night games will be over

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »

I agree , if we can put 16,500 in Aggie Stadium on a Thursday night against Del State, we will be fine.

For now.  ESPN and the Big South will remember those attendance numbers.  You Aggies set a standard you will have to live with.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »

North Carolina A & T's average SAT score is 1053 - https://www.ncat.edu/admissions/undergraduate/freshman/index.php.  I did a quick search of Big South schools average SAT scores on PrepScholars.com and found the following. 

BIG SOUTH              AVERAGE
COLLEGES &             SAT
UNIVERSITIES           SCORES
Campbell           1170
Charleston Southern     1060
Gardner-Webb           1110
Hampton                   1130
High Point            1180
Longwood           1052
Presbyterian           1140
Radford            1041
UNC Ashville           1172
USC Upstate           1030
Winthrop           1056

Please stop reaching :no:, we will be fine. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:19:30 PM by Aggie D. »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: A&T's BEST excuse for running from thHe e Rams
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »
He just keeps on and on saying and spreading false information  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 03:15:37 PM »

North Carolina A & T's average SAT score is 1053 - https://www.ncat.edu/admissions/undergraduate/freshman/index.php.  I did a quick search of Big South schools average SAT scores on PrepScholars.com and found the following. 

Campbell           1170
Longwood           1052
Radford            1041
Winthrop           1056

https://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/North-Carolina-AandT-State-University-SAT-scores-GPA

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:44 PM »
Rams55 is the sports board equivalent to Oldsport on the politics board.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:03 PM »

Campbell           1170
Longwood           1052
Radford            1041
Winthrop           1056

https://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/North-Carolina-AandT-State-University-SAT-scores-GPA

N.C. A & T average SAT - https://www.ncat.edu/admissions/undergraduate/freshman/index.php.  Either way the point is stop reaching, we will be fine. 

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 04:23:40 PM »

FACTS

Online A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »

FACTS
You got that right! 55 still lives in his own special world. His constant begging is the worst.

Why won’t A&T play us? Y’all scared of wssu. We are rivals. Why can’t things be like they used to be.  LOL !

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 10:50:49 PM »

Are you sure Decks?  I just looked at the teams in the Big South and I couldn't believe it.  Wow, y'all going over there? :shrug:  At first you maybe ok, provided you can get games with our MEAC schools.  Idk...
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »

You hope.

FACTS
You got that right! 55 still lives in his own special world. His constant begging is the worst.

Why won’t A&T play us? Y’all scared of wssu. We are rivals. Why can’t things be like they used to be.  LOL !

Get it right!  I'M the one who says you're scared!

FACTS

Please!  Don't even try it.  You may disagree with him but he isn't CLOSE to being like Oldsport! Even so it is an opinion. I guess the boycott idea was too much. :D

Y'all may have sold that many tickets but ain't no way there was that many people in the house that game. Granted many stayed in the tailgate area but, nah.

All clowning aside, y'all are about to find out who your real fans are.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=