News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
A&T is clearly not event thinking about restoring the rivalry with its D2 neighbor. They want to play only schools where they can gain leverage strength of schedule while exposing themselves for huge revenue returns from corporate partners. Since changing their business model is clear that the Aggies have benefited greatly and there’s no need to change now.

With the move to the Big South their non-conference games most likely include NCCU annually,  FAMU/Alcorn/Jackson (Atlanta Classic), a regional PWI that will pay them and either Howard or SC State whoever has an open date and is willing to travel to Greensboro.

I see NCCU annually as the birds are our rivals and will be on the schedule every year after things settle from our transition. Playing in a Classic in Atlanta would be nice, but I think it's more likely we will see a regional HBCU mix of Howard, Norfolk, or SC State. We have ties to all those schools and travel would be well within our footprint.

After that, a regional FBS school for sure. We have played every FBS School in NC besides NC STATE as I recall. Trying to stay in rotation on those schedules will be good for our budget and the program.

The rams are irrelevant at this point...and they know it, and that's why they are so pissed. Their obsession with all things A&T is just  :crazy:

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who we are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

4-7 is fine. Bwhahaha, losing coaches that's fine too

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 03:03:33 PM »
A&T is clearly not event thinking about restoring the rivalry with its D2 neighbor. They want to play only schools where they can gain leverage strength of schedule while exposing themselves for huge revenue returns from corporate partners. Since changing their business model is clear that the Aggies have benefited greatly and there’s no need to change now.

With the move to the Big South their non-conference games most likely include NCCU annually,  FAMU/Alcorn/Jackson (Atlanta Classic), a regional PWI that will pay them and either Howard or SC State whoever has an open date and is willing to travel to Greensboro.

I see NCCU annually as the birds are our rivals and will be on the schedule every year after things settle from our transition. Playing in a Classic in Atlanta would be nice, but I think it's more likely we will see a regional HBCU mix of Howard, Norfolk, or SC State. We have ties to all those schools and travel would be well within our footprint.

After that, a regional FBS school for sure. We have played every FBS School in NC besides NC STATE as I recall. Trying to stay in rotation on those schedules will be good for our budget and the program.

The rams are irrelevant at this point...and they know it, and that's why they are so pissed. Their obsession with all things A&T is just  :crazy:

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who wte are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

Ram55 keeps going on-and-on about N.C. A & T being a "sellout" and our move to the Big South being bad for Black folk and HBCUs ... does anyone else on here share his opinion?

It doesn't matter what a few people on this forum think. I have talked to plenty of HBCU grads, some from A&T, that feel be-trade by this move. Deep down, you agree with me to, but just like Trumps followers, you'll support anything a few people on your campus says.

The fact that you Aggies keep posting on this forum means you want your cake and eat it too. At times you're saying you are too good for us, then you want to dominate an "HBCU" sports forum. I'm sure the Big South has a forum.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:12:23 PM by Ram55 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who we are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

We don't measure how good we are doing as a school by how many wins we have in sports, or by how many coaches we lose. We have won plenty in the last ten years. In fact, we're the only HBCU that has played in a national championship game in the last ten years. We have also beat national level teams on our division, plenty of times in the last ten years.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »
Now that we will be playing in the Big South, the three non conference games well be scheduled at a premium.

You're only going to have 7 conference games in the Big South.  So you guys will need to find 4 non conference games a year.  That's assuming that no other Big South members leave anytime soon.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 04:26:54 PM »

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who wte are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

Ram55 keeps going on-and-on about N.C. A & T being a "sellout" and our move to the Big South being bad for Black folk and HBCUs ... does anyone else on here share his opinion?

It doesn't matter what a few people on this forum think. I have talked to plenty of HBCU grads, some from A&T, that feel be-trade by this move. Deep down, you agree with me to, but just like Trumps followers, you'll support anything a few people on your campus says.

The fact that you Aggies keep posting on this forum means you want your cake and eat it too. At times you're saying you are too good for us, then you want to dominate an "HBCU" sports forum. I'm sure the Big South has a forum.

Sure, there are plenty of HBCU grads that have mixed feelings about this move. Many of them Aggies, hell I'm one of them. I've only known the MEAC, but I'm open to change if it's in A&T's best interest...just blindly following...nah, after forming a committee and looking at this thing for 5 years this wasn't a decision that came lightly, or out of the blue. Is it the right decision...that's yet to been seen?

Why can't we post on this board? This is an HBCU sports board...A&T is an HBCU, just like Hampton and Tenn. State...and yes, we want to have our cake and eat it to. Not sure who said A&T is too good for other HBCUs, I certainly don't believe that. In fact we look to continue games and relationships with other HBCUs where it makes sense.

Now are we better than you rams, hell yes LOL !!

We can't help it if we tend to dominate, we are Aggies damnit! It's like our birthright.

I'm not sure if there is a Big South forum, but if there is...once we are competing in the Big South, Aggies will post there and here. Just like we post here and on the MEAC fans forum.

Heck, we post so much and have such an interest in our school the Aggies even got our own message board.

We are just in a different place rams...deal with it. Does that mean we can't play each no, but is it likely...no. 

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 04:29:53 PM »

We don't measure how good we are doing as a school by how many wins we have in sports, or by how many coaches we lose. We have won plenty in the last ten years. In fact, we're the only HBCU that has played in a national championship game in the last ten years. We have also beat national level teams on our division, plenty of times in the last ten years.

That's great! So why y'all always worried about what happening in Aggieland...and begging for a game :shrug:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »

That's great! So why y'all always worried about what happening in Aggieland...and begging for a game :shrug:

From reading your post, you are obviously one of the more intelligent dogs. But you can't confuse us Rams wanting to play a very good and well attended game with begging for a game. I personally don't want to play ya'll anymore. You now put sports above the needs of our people. And yes, you do think you are too good to play most HBCUs, You want to select only the schools that will uplift you, when your being the largest HBCU, you should be uplifting everyone else. On this forum, we constantly complain abut PWS taking our best and brightest athletes and now you have allowed them to take one of our best and brightest schools. Yes, this is a sellout.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 06:10:07 PM »

Umm we are too and in multiple sports. Not just football. But it's ok. You're just butt hurt.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 09:30:22 PM »
I'm sorry 55! But the Aggies and Aggie supporters are so predictable. :lmao:

Da hell that got to do with A&T. It’s so sad to see the once proud rams begging us AGGIES for a game again.

You wanna play A&T, you know the terms and where the game will be.

No beg. I am just killing one of your arguments.

From reading your post, you are obviously one of the more intelligent dogs. But you can't confuse us Rams wanting to play a very good and well attended game with begging for a game. I personally don't want to play ya'll anymore. You now put sports above the needs of our people. And yes, you do think you are too good to play most HBCUs, You want to select only the schools that will uplift you, when your being the largest HBCU, you should be uplifting everyone else. On this forum, we constantly complain abut PWS taking our best and brightest athletes and now you have allowed them to take one of our best and brightest schools. Yes, this is a sellout.

55 I feel you, and know a lot of Aggies feel you too. Remember I started this thread while we were arguing about playing on the Hampton and A&T Schedule threads. I broke the news about the move, hence the title of the thread. As you have pointed out to 96, we ain't begging. If they ARE better why not shut us up?

Bison you should apply for a job in T's PR office, or SI office.

Yes Eagle, they are scared!

:lmao:

Now the REAL reason for bringing this up......we need some levity in these serious times.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »
What else can be the reason why you don't play a sure sell-out? :shrug:  Then they want to complain about not having enough money for travel. :shrug:  Now they are banking on playing NCCU every year. :shrug:  Sorry, we are playing WSSU!  :tongue2:  Enjoy your new conference aggies. ::)
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 11:16:33 PM »
What else can be the reason why you don't play a sure sell-out? :shrug:  Then they want to complain about not having enough money for travel. :shrug:  Now they are banking on playing NCCU every year. :shrug:  Sorry, we are playing WSSU!  :tongue2:  Enjoy your new conference aggies. ::)

You will very likely be joining us in the next year or so. That's why I'm gonna save some of these threads.   ;D

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »
The decision was made.  All left to say is best of luck in your new venture.  NCCU, I'm told by those having a controlling interest in our bottom-line,  will continue to play our long standing rivals A&T.  This rivalry has brewed since the 1920's and regardless of conferences will be played.  NCCU and A&T are the two schools involved, so my comments will be only limited to them. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:31:18 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 12:09:54 AM »

How much is NCCU paying WSSU to play them in Durham?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 04:17:02 AM »
Can someone tell us was the last time that NCAT played WSSU home and away? 

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 08:08:59 AM »
How much are we paying WSSU to come to Durham?   That is out of the loop for board posters.   ;D  The last time we played them, many of the students were toddlers.  We playing WSSU   :shrug:  is the look you get.   This Covid19 may hinder that game if not under control by August.  Things are not looking good worldwide. 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=