News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams
« on: February 06, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »
A&T will leave MEAC for Big South Conference, source says
By Jeff Mills jeff.mills@greensboro.com

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: A&T's BEST excuse for running from the Rams
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
Meanwhile.......................

The Golden Bulls' home opener is with first-time opponent and FCS member Presbyterian College of the Division I Big South Conference on September 12.

::) ;D

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 08:00:20 PM »
Meanwhile.......................

The Golden Bulls' home opener is with first-time opponent and FCS member Presbyterian College of the Division I Big South Conference on September 12.

::) ;D

Unique situation since Presby is transitioning to non scholarship.

Online A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 09:09:24 PM »
Da hell that got to do with A&T. It’s so sad to see the once proud rams begging us AGGIES for a game again.

You wanna play A&T, you know the terms and where the game will be.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »
They scared Oldschoolram.  :snicker 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:26 PM »
Now that we will be playing in the Big South, the three non conference games well be scheduled at a premium.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 01:39:19 AM »
A&T is clearly not event thinking about restoring the rivalry with its D2 neighbor. They want to play only schools where they can gain leverage strength of schedule while exposing themselves for huge revenue returns from corporate partners. Since changing their business model is clear that the Aggies have benefited greatly and there’s no need to change now.

With the move to the Big South their non-conference games most likely include NCCU annually,  FAMU/Alcorn/Jackson (Atlanta Classic), a regional PWI that will pay them and either Howard or SC State whoever has an open date and is willing to travel to Greensboro.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:21 AM »
Da hell that got to do with A&T. It’s so sad to see the once proud rams begging us AGGIES for a game again.

You wanna play A&T, you know the terms and where the game will be.

Lets get it strait. Its only "One Ram" wanting to play ya'll. Your school is a sellout and I don't want us to play ya'll in any sport. The hell with A&T. I respect OldschoolRam, but I wish he didn't start this thread. Those fools in Greensboro has won a few games and now that have forgotten that they have an obligation to the HBCU world. They actually think they are the same as the Big South schools. Yet they can't go into a school and recruit the same students that the Big South members can. You may think you are white but they know you are black... and it will show sooner than later.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:00:07 AM by Ram55 »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 09:24:30 AM »
Do somebody need some? Apply liberally to all affected areas.....

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »
A&T is clearly not event thinking about restoring the rivalry with its D2 neighbor. They want to play only schools where they can gain leverage strength of schedule while exposing themselves for huge revenue returns from corporate partners. Since changing their business model is clear that the Aggies have benefited greatly and there’s no need to change now.

With the move to the Big South their non-conference games most likely include NCCU annually,  FAMU/Alcorn/Jackson (Atlanta Classic), a regional PWI that will pay them and either Howard or SC State whoever has an open date and is willing to travel to Greensboro.

Glad you see the vision. They see it too. They just in denial. Lol.

Online A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »

I see NCCU annually as the birds are our rivals and will be on the schedule every year after things settle from our transition. Playing in a Classic in Atlanta would be nice, but I think it's more likely we will see a regional HBCU mix of Howard, Norfolk, or SC State. We have ties to all those schools and travel would be well within our footprint.

After that, a regional FBS school for sure. We have played every FBS School in NC besides NC STATE as I recall. Trying to stay in rotation on those schedules will be good for our budget and the program.

The rams are irrelevant at this point...and they know it, and that's why they are so pissed. Their obsession with all things A&T is just  :crazy:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »

I see NCCU annually as the birds are our rivals and will be on the schedule every year after things settle from our transition. Playing in a Classic in Atlanta would be nice, but I think it's more likely we will see a regional HBCU mix of Howard, Norfolk, or SC State. We have ties to all those schools and travel would be well within our footprint.

After that, a regional FBS school for sure. We have played every FBS School in NC besides NC STATE as I recall. Trying to stay in rotation on those schedules will be good for our budget and the program.

The rams are irrelevant at this point...and they know it, and that's why they are so pissed. Their obsession with all things A&T is just  :crazy:

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who we are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »

We're not pissed. We can see that in the long run, A&T moving to the Big South is bad for our people. The reality is that you can't save people that don't want to be saved. WSSU is doing fine without playing ya'll. We look in the mirror, and read our history, to help us know who we are. You are so obsessed with sports that you can't see how foolish your moves are.

Ram55 keeps going on-and-on about N.C. A & T being a "sellout" and our move to the Big South being bad for Black folk and HBCUs ... does anyone else on here share his opinion?

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
:no: omg, not this bs again.  dayum shame, dem doggone sheep just won't go da hail away.  they could've had some of this a long time ago but they punk azzzes turned our offer down.  too dayum bad, so go kick rocks...

Online A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »

Ram55 keeps going on-and-on about N.C. A & T being a "sellout" and our move to the Big South being bad for Black folk and HBCUs ... does anyone else on here share his opinion?

More like does anyone care about his opinion ! It will be years before we see the true impact this move will have on A&T and Black College Sports in general. Will move school leave their "traditional" conferences? Will the conferences "realign" and adjust to address issue that would make other schools leave. Will the Aggie make their way to another conference or return to the MEAC?

Who knows?

What I do know is all this sell out, name calling, and sky is falling talk is way over the top.

A&T made its decision, now we will have to adjust to a new conference...the MEAC will have to adjust to keep from losing more members, and I think that is a good thing in the end.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=