News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: 2020 NCA&T Football Schedule  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 NCA&T Football Schedule
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »
Guess y'all can use some of that beat down money to pay your buy out.

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
that shecule may not be written in stone

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »
WELLLLLL!  Check THIS OUT!!!  BEST Excuse for y'all!

A&T will leave MEAC for Big South Conference, source says
By Jeff Mills jeff.mills@greensboro.com

Announcement likely tomorrow!

This could be the beginning of the end of the conference. I guess the go back to D2 will start for those left behind.

You mean to tell me that NCCU, FAMU, BCU, SCSU, MSU, NSU, HU, DSU cannot maintain because a&t is leaving?  :shrug:  Don't get me wrong, they are going to be missed, but we have to continue on. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2020, 09:01:42 AM »

This could be the beginning of the end of the conference. I guess the go back to D2 will start for those left behind.

You mean to tell me that NCCU, FAMU, BCU, SCSU, MSU, NSU, HU, DSU cannot maintain because a&t is leaving?  :shrug:  Don't get me wrong, they are going to be missed, but we have to continue on.

Let's be honest. The only reason ya'll left the CIAA was to hang out with A&T. What rivals do you really feel connected to in the MEAC?.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »

Let's be honest. The only reason ya'll left the CIAA was to hang out with A&T. What rivals do you really feel connected to in the MEAC?.

So?  We were founding members of the MEAC as well.  I wasn't in favor of returning, but accepted because it wasn't anything I could do.  Sadly, it will be troubling if we leave the MEAC because of travel cost, but I understand. We aren't exactly flush with cash (I'm guessing).

But riddle me this, if FAMU and B-CU follow too what changes?  NOTHING.

Oh wait, they want the white man to tell FAMU & B-CU they can't join the Big South. Sinister move.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »
With A&T leaving, will they pull out of some games like HIU? 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2020, 02:18:29 PM »
At least now we know why they felt they were too good to play WSSU in Winston after doing many times before. They were wanting new friends to give their money to.  :shrug:

Offline Warpaint

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »
At least now we know why they felt they were too good to play WSSU in Winston after doing many times before. They were wanting new friends to give their money to.  :shrug:

Actually, now I think this makes a game between WSSU and A&T more likely to happen.  A&T is going to have at least 4 open dates each year, and I'd guess they will try to schedule as many HBCUs as they can to keep their core base happy.  Also, the Big South seems to schedule all of the conference games in the back half of the season which means A&T's open dates would line up perfectly with WSSUs open dates. 

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »

Actually, now I think this makes a game between WSSU and A&T more likely to happen.  A&T is going to have at least 4 open dates each year, and I'd guess they will try to schedule as many HBCUs as they can to keep their core base happy.  Also, the Big South seems to schedule all of the conference games in the back half of the season which means A&T's open dates would line up perfectly with WSSUs open dates.

But make no mistake about it. A&T will not play WSSU in WS unless WSSU moves back up to FCS-D1.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »
With A&T leaving, will they pull out of some games like HIU?

No, we made our transition announcement correctly whereas Hampton did not give the conference enough time.

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2020, 05:45:02 PM »

Eagle Pride,

The challenge of A&T leaving is keeping other MEAC teams from bolting.  A&T isn't the first school to be courted by the BS. They wont be the last either.

The BS will lose Kennesaw, North Alabama, and Monmouth. They coming for MEAC schools soon there after. And with A&T doing the talking, those who get invites will leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

South Carolina State University

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2020, 09:17:01 AM »

Eagle Pride,

The challenge of A&T leaving is keeping other MEAC teams from bolting.  A&T isn't the first school to be courted by the BS. They wont be the last either.

The BS will lose Kennesaw, North Alabama, and Monmouth. They coming for MEAC schools soon there after. And with A&T doing the talking, those who get invites will leave.

When those schools leave the Big South, both A&T and Hampton will be looking for a new home. The real questions is will the MEAC accept them again.  :shrug:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2020, 09:29:10 AM »

Eagle Pride,

When those schools leave the Big South, both A&T and Hampton will be looking for a new home. The real questions is will the MEAC accept them again.  :shrug:

Might wanna read up on what's going on in college sports world

https://www.aseaofred.com/asun-commissioner-ted-gumbart-further-explains-leagues-plan/?fbclid=IwAR1L1QhGFKdUsVD8yB0Qd-WPrTUIsOxJh67A9U4Gm7BgdJ5dxIQJVT0pVt8

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »

I doubt it.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule