News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Evangelical Singer Calls Out Trump's Christian Supporters In Scathing New Song  (Read 78 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Evangelical Singer Calls Out Trump's Christian Supporters In Scathing New Song .  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/daniel-deitrich-evangelical-anti-trump-song-102517647.html

An evangelical Christian musician is calling out his fellow members of the faith for their widespread support of President Donald Trump in a new song titled: “Hymn For The 81%.”

“This song might ruffle some feathers, but maybe some feathers need to be ruffled,” Daniel Deitrich told Religion News Service (RNS), adding:   

“Maybe some tables need to be turned over. Hear me on this, though: It is because I was taught to take the words of Jesus and the prophets seriously that I cannot stay silent.”

The song’s title refers to the 81 percent of evangelicals who voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election. Since then, they’ve remained one of his most consistent group of supporters despite the chasm between core biblical tenets and the president’s behavior and policies.

“Even after enacting deliberately cruel policies to rip families apart and put children in cages at the southern border, evangelical support is as fervent as ever,” Deitrich, who is listed as the pastor for arts and worship at South Bend City Church in Indiana, wrote on YouTube.
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

What did the song say that was wrong??

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule