News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Congrats to the Chiefs, their fans and Andy Reid  (Read 480 times)

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Congrats to the Chiefs, their fans and Andy Reid
« on: January 19, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
Great franchise, great fans, and great coach. Welcome back to the Super Bowl. . . maybe against my 9ers.   :clap:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats to the Chiefs, their fans and Andy Reid
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
CONGRATS TO KANSAS CITY.  OK. I KNOW I AM OLD.  I SAW THE FIRST SUPER BOWL ON A BLACK AND WHITE TV WITH KC vs. GREEN BAY. BACK THEN THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM EQUATED THE AFL WITH TODAY's XFL.

THERE WAS NO SIGNIFICANT RESPECT FOR THE AFL AND THAT REMAINED UNTIL "JOE WILLIE" AND THE JETS WON SUPER BOWL III. HANK STRAM MADE ME GAIN MY FIRST RESPECT FOR THE OLD AFL. :bow:

WHO ELSE SAW SUPER BOWL I?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:34:37 PM by CIAA-FAN »
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »
Great franchise, great fans, and great coach. Welcome back to the Super Bowl. . . maybe against my 9ers.   :clap:

and Eric Bieniemy who actually called the fkn plays

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 12:19:13 AM »
From my days living in KC, I remember just how much that town loves their Chiefs. The Royals winning the World Series a few years ago was really cool, but KC is unquestionably a Chiefs town first. The city deserves a modern day SB win. No other fans anywhere on the planet bring the noise like Chiefs Kingdom.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
From my days living in KC, I remember just how much that town loves their Chiefs. The Royals winning the World Series a few years ago was really cool, but KC is unquestionably a Chiefs town first. The city deserves a modern day SB win. No other fans anywhere on the planet bring the noise like Chiefs Kingdom.

Every fanbase can say the same.They don't travel except when the Rams and Cards were in St Louis.

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »

Every fanbase can say the same.They don't travel except when the Rams and Cards were in St Louis.

No, every fan base cannot say the same. The Guinness Book of World Records actually lists Arrowhead Stadium as the loudest stadium in the world. That’s an actual verifiable world record. And unlike the Seahawks, Arrowhead Stadium doesnt have overhanging structures to amplify crowd noise. And actually, Chiefs Kingdom travels very well nowadays for big games. I can’t speak for what the fan base was like decades ago, but today they are unquestionably one of the best in the league.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:06:33 PM »

No, every fan base cannot say the same. The Guinness Book of World Records actually lists Arrowhead Stadium as the loudest stadium in the world. That’s an actual verifiable world record. And unlike the Seahawks, Arrowhead Stadium doesnt have overhanging structures to amplify crowd noise. And actually, Chiefs Kingdom travels very well nowadays for big games. I can’t speak for what the fan base was like decades ago, but today they are unquestionably one of the best in the league.

You know that was done in 2014.

I m happy for their fanbase .But  its very subjective to say what team has the best fanbase.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:58:43 PM by Bison 4 Life »

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 08:18:46 PM »

I m happy for their fanbase but  its very subjective to say what team has the best fanbase.

It was done in 2014 but opposing players still say today how much they hate playing in Arrowhead because of the noise. If you experience it in person, you’ll know it stands out from other stadiums.

Yes, it’s a little subjective to rank exactly which fan bases are better in order...but most opposing fans who’ve been to Arrowhead would agree that Chiefs Kingdom is better than average, at the very least. Check the attendance numbers.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 09:54:54 PM »
 :clap:^^^thanks for your comments, Bison.

Mofos act like the Titans fan base is nothing and we were unaffected by this loss. The Titans had an INCREDIBLE, dream-like playoff run through the AFC. Fans showed up for the AFC championship game for outdoor viewing parties on two big screens set up Downtown Nashville. And withstood 35 degree weather to cheer on the Titans.

By WHAT objective criteria are mofos stating the Chiefs have the “best” fan base in the NFL? This mentality sounds like a lot of delusional A&T fans.  ::).............Whatever.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »

I m happy for their fanbase but  its very subjective to say what team has the best fanbase.

It was done in 2014 but opposing players still say today how much they hate playing in Arrowhead because of the noise. If you experience it in person, you’ll know it stands out from other stadiums.

Yes, it’s a little subjective to rank exactly which fan bases are better in order...but most opposing fans who’ve been to Arrowhead would agree that Chiefs Kingdom is better than average, at the very least. Check the attendance numbers.

C'mon man its Kansas City!! It's not LA , what's other professional teams they have except the Royals? Sporting Kansas City?? :lol:

The Chiefs fan base doesn't travel like the Packers, Steelers,Raiders, or Cowboys.
I'm glad they finally got back to the big game. Fifty years is a long time. Nixon was president the last time the Chiefs were there.The SEC was still all white.
I just hope the Maholmes mania doesn't get too much to stomach,and we as fans are treated to a good game. Again congrats.

Offline Blue N Gold

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 01:08:28 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 06:44:14 AM »
 :clap:

I am cheering for Andy Reid, he is a good coach, but he could not take the Eagles to the promise land, thats why they let him go.  Hopefully he will get there with the Chiefs.

Bonne Chance! 

:popcorn:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »
I’m kinda both ways on this one. I like both teams. I just hope Kyle Shanahan doesn’t blow another Lead like he did with the World Famous Falcons.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
CONGRATS TO KANSAS CITY.  OK. I KNOW I AM OLD.  I SAW THE FIRST SUPER BOWL ON A BLACK AND WHITE TV WITH KC vs. GREEN BAY. BACK THEN THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM EQUATED THE AFL WITH TODAY's XFL.

THERE WAS NO SIGNIFICANT RESPECT FOR THE AFL AND THAT REMAINED UNTIL "JOE WILLIE" AND THE JETS WON SUPER BOWL III. HANK STRAM MADE ME GAIN MY FIRST RESPECT FOR THE OLD AFL. :bow:

WHO ELSE SAW SUPER BOWL I?

Me!  KC was my AFL and Electric Football team. STILL hate the Raiders!

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News