News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: PRESIDENT TRUMP WELCOMES LSU TIGERS TO WHITE HOUSE  (Read 242 times)

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
PRESIDENT TRUMP WELCOMES LSU TIGERS TO WHITE HOUSE
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »
All Tigers showed up. No refusals.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP WELCOMES LSU TIGERS TO WHITE HOUSE
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 11:16:17 AM »
Iam from Louisiana -  I would not expect any refusal - just Like I would not expect NAACP to refuse to invite Obama.

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 02:34:19 PM »
Hum, brothers don't appear to be excited!!! I'm wondering if they were forced to attend?
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 02:57:23 PM »
They had a choice. You can’t win a N.C. without brothers. We have more power than what we realize. They are either.coons or spineless dusty ninjas.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
...or maybe they thought it was an honor to be invited to the Whitehouse notwithstanding the current occupant.  :shrug:

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »
If they went to LSU they had no choice- plus they wanna play pro ball and won't upset the apple cart-very few Kapernicks and Ali's in sports today.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 03:51:21 PM »
.... or they thought team unity was more important than their political beliefs. :shrug:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »
I ain’t buying it.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
Naw man I grew up in  Rayne, Louisiana, When LSU black QB lost the Sugar Bowl- they call him the N word on campus and fans and everything else but a child a God.  Let those black LSU players get out of line and see what happens- i think Beckham just got an assault charge after the LSU- Clemson game for patting a cop on the cheek.  They might play ball for LSU but they socialize and some even pledge frat and sororities on Southern's campus.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
Well I’m not calling anyone a coon or a spineless ninja simply for choosing to attend the Whitehouse in celebration of winning a National Championship.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »
...or maybe they thought it was an honor to be invited to the Whitehouse notwithstanding the current occupant.  :shrug:
???...,,what you state here may in fact be true. But do black folks and other people of color in this country really have the LUXURY of thinking it is an “honor” to go to THIS White House where the person presiding poses an existential THREAT to people of color in this country?

Even if you’re 18-22 yrs old, not fully developed in your political views, if you’re black, it HAS to give you pause to be received by a racist and moral reprobate.   :no:

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 04:30:21 PM »
Well I’m not calling anyone a coon or a spineless ninja simply for choosing to attend the Whitehouse in celebration of winning a National Championship.
........interesting.

While your humble poster too thinks it may be a tad excessive to label those black boys with these pejoratives^^^, it is STILL disconcerting to see them in the audience being addressed by that Trump dude.

What is “celebratory” about being addressed by such a MANIFESTLY despicable man?  :no:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »
Naw man I grew up in  Rayne, Louisiana, When LSU black QB lost the Sugar Bowl- they call him the N word on campus and fans and everything else but a child a God.  Let those black LSU players get out of line and see what happens- i think Beckham just got an assault charge after the LSU- Clemson game for patting a cop on the cheek.  They might play ball for LSU but they socialize and some even pledge frat and sororities on Southern's campus.

They have a choice to play in that environment. They are making the school millions and the vast majority of them are not going to the NFL. If folks can call you an N and cheer for a man who does not have you or your communities best interest at heart while you are about to destroy your body for the university, then shame on us, not on them. I was in Baton Rouge back in October and was embarrassed for people both black and white for their fanatical support of LSU football.  A brother I met and hung out a little with while I was there, was actually offended that I didn’t want to go to the LSI Utah State game. I told him the only college game I would be attending was an SU game who happened to have a bye. I don’t see the fun in eating gator with thousands of white supremacist and watching negroes entertain said WS in 95 degree heat. Those sane WS will go out and vote against the interests of the communities that those kids come from. While I know  my choice of words is unbecoming, I am frustrated to no end with the lack of vision IMO. So I will acknowledge I shouldn’t use those terms, I won’t change my belief that I am disappointed they went to the WH and would be devastated if my son made that choice. Sorry for the long rant and punctuation but I’m not editing on my phone. It is what it is.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 06:54:54 PM »
My thought was they were threatened with losing their scholarships if a no show.

They know how how to deal with their Black Bucks and planned accordingly. :tiptoe:

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »
Loyal Trump supporters love Neck.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News