News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  (Read 351 times)

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 05:56:36 PM »
???......::well, this is quite a revelation as I have never heard of this town in Pennsylvania.

Quite frankly, outside of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and, perhaps Erie, I didn’t think there were any other areas of the Keystone state safe for negro travel.

;D

Come on Strike. While it is Pennsyltucky, Harrisburg is a decent place to live for black folks. Much better than my birth city of Erie.  :shrug:

Harrisburg?  That's straight hood.  Middletown is much better.  My cousin use to be the mayor there. 

The only thing cool about Harrisburg is the parsonage of Wesley Union AME Zion Church.

Harrisburg is not all good. Once you don’t know what you’re talking about. Middletown is a white trash town. Was Mayor Reid your cousin?

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
???......::well, this is quite a revelation as I have never heard of this town in Pennsylvania.

Quite frankly, outside of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and, perhaps Erie, I didn’t think there were any other areas of the Keystone state safe for negro travel.

;D

Come on Strike. While it is Pennsyltucky, Harrisburg is a decent place to live for black folks. Much better than my birth city of Erie.  :shrug:
  :).......my dear brutha CU. Please accept my apologies, as I did not intend to disparage your home state with my previous comment. I was simply being silly and trying to have some fun. No doubt places like Carlisle, Harrisburg, Altoona, York and others are all lovely communities. And they all have their own unique charms.

About 20 years ago, then 10 yr old Ms. Strike and I drove from Nashville to Syracuse, NY, for our biennial family reunion. Forgotten the exact route I took, but it meant driving through a BROAD swath of the Keystone, mostly traversing communities that you and others collectively call “Pennsyltucky”.  :lol: No doubt, there were several times when a brutha was a tad apprehensive about stopping for gas, but never had a problem the entire trip.

Btw, CU, Wiregrass, y, et al, on the return trip back to Nashville we stopped in Hershey to visit the gift shop at the museum. There was not enough time to visit the theme park, but did rack up on chocolate. That was a pleasant experience as well.  :)

Strike, I appreciate you buying candy and helping my wife earn her bachelors debt free from The Lincoln University. She graduated high school from Milton Hershey School which is the beneficiary of the Hershey Company.  I do agree that you may as well be in Mississippi when traveling through PA. Believe it or not, even Pittsburgh is behind the times. My mom is from Pittsburgh, I have a lot of family there, I lived there, and I am there a few times a year. Pittsburgh is isolated and backwards. You will still see. Jeri curl in Pittsburgh.

One good thing about Harrisburg is that it’s central. Philly is 1.5 hours, Baltimore less than 1.5 hours, DC is 2 and Nzy is less than 3.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »

;D

Harrisburg?  That's straight hood.  Middletown is much better.  My cousin use to be the mayor there. 

The only thing cool about Harrisburg is the parsonage of Wesley Union AME Zion Church.

Harrisburg is not all good. Once you don’t know what you’re talking about. Middletown is a white trash town. Was Mayor Reid your cousin?

He is my cousin.  I'd much rather live in Middletown than Harrisburg.  It's much safer.  And cleaner.

My uncle use to pastor Union Wesley AME Zion in Harrisburg.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
I don't doubt you would rather live in Middletown. :tiptoe:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
I don't doubt you would rather live in Middletown. :tiptoe:

Middletown and other places nearby are much better places to live. 

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 10:08:13 AM »
And you know this how?

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 12:19:25 PM »

;D

Its safe, but its true once you get outside of Philadelphia, Pittsburg and ABE - you are in Alabama.  :nod:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »

;D

Its safe, but its true once you get outside of Philadelphia, Pittsburg and ABE - you are in Alabama.  :nod:

There are so many Froggy radio stations between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. 

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 01:12:52 PM »

;D

???.....what is “ABE”?

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square