News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: South Carolina St spring enrollment drops below 1,000  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: South Carolina St spring enrollment drops below 1,000
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:12 PM »
The decline has been consistent since they had the financial woes and the state was threatening not to fund them.  Then there was some concern about their accreditation.  Couple that with usual poor customer service that occurs at a preponderance of HBCUs and you have the answer to you decline question.  I am also suspect of Pres. James (Crazy Joe) Clark.  No HBCU background except Benedict BOT.  A republican appointee to SCSU BOT and an ally of DJT.  :shrug:
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 11:24:08 PM »
The problem in black society is called inclusion. Black kids today wanna be included with white folks worst than folks who had to sit in the back of the bus. If it ain't white they don't want it. It's being taught to them by parents and grandparents who felt they missed something with out the white devil.

As much as I would like to disagree, there is some merit to your statement.  I had a deacon to ask me where was I going to college?  I told him SSC.  He then told me that you can't get a job after you graduate.  Not only did I get a job, I obtained my MPA degree after getting old.

They get the "inclusion" and "integration" from the adults.  I am not a segregationist at all, but we see what happens to the decline of our institutions, neighborhoods and business districts when we fail to support them.  It eventually affects Black politics.  (Yes, I said it!)  From one generation to another we continue to make the same mistakes.  Then one day we talk about what we had.  We should learn our lesson after what happened to Bishop, St. Paul's and Concordia instead of repeating the mistakes.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:04 PM »
The problem in black society is called inclusion. Black kids today wanna be included with white folks worst than folks who had to sit in the back of the bus. If it ain't white they don't want it. It's being taught to them by parents and grandparents who felt they missed something with out the white devil.

As much as I would like to disagree, there is some merit to your statement.  I had a deacon to ask me where was I going to college?  I told him SSC.  He then told me that you can't get a job after you graduate.  Not only did I get a job, I obtained my MPA degree after getting old.

They get the "inclusion" and "integration" from the adults.  I am not a segregationist at all, but we see what happens to the decline of our institutions, neighborhoods and business districts when we fail to support them.  It eventually affects Black politics.  (Yes, I said it!)  From one generation to another we continue to make the same mistakes.  Then one day we talk about what we had.  We should learn our lesson after what happened to Bishop, St. Paul's and Concordia instead of repeating the mistakes.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 01:54:21 AM »
Understand.  One should be able to attend wherever they want, but we need to understand integration, inclusion, diversity and equal treatment under the law.  Note that this time period is the 150th anniversary of Reconstruction.  In 2022 we will have the 250th anniversary of the Somerset Decision in England.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 06:07:56 AM »

Amen.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 06:14:59 AM »
The problem here in Florida with it's only HBCU is that the FLBOG (Florida Board of Governors) has placed restrictions on growth at FAMU in the form of what kind of students they can accept and limiting enrollment. They effectively eliminated remedial courses that FAMU used to offer students who came in struggling in certain courses. Many of those students became the "diamond in the rough" student that excelled. They raised the admissions test scores, also. I see posts about students who are 3.8 and some 4.0 students who were turned away because of their test scores not meeting the standard. One student who has a 3.8 GPA made a 19 on the ACT, and the standard is 21. Also, they (FLBOG) restricted raising tuition rates at Florida universities. So, if say for instance the tuition rate at UF is $120, and the tuition rate at FAMU is $105, FAMU is restricted from raising the rate another $5  to $110 even though they would still be cheaper.

Prove it.

CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER WHY EVERYONE HAS TO PROVE THINGS TO YOU?  TAKE SOME TIME, DO SOME RESEARCH OF YOUR OWN AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO POST SOME THAT make YOU LOOK LESS THAN INTELLIGENT.

"LOOK"? Bonafide certified and documented "IS"... :nod:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 06:18:52 AM »
The problem here in Florida with it's only HBCU is that the FLBOG (Florida Board of Governors) has placed restrictions on growth at FAMU in the form of what kind of students they can accept and limiting enrollment. They effectively eliminated remedial courses that FAMU used to offer students who came in struggling in certain courses. Many of those students became the "diamond in the rough" student that excelled. They raised the admissions test scores, also. I see posts about students who are 3.8 and some 4.0 students who were turned away because of their test scores not meeting the standard. One student who has a 3.8 GPA made a 19 on the ACT, and the standard is 21. Also, they (FLBOG) restricted raising tuition rates at Florida universities. So, if say for instance the tuition rate at UF is $120, and the tuition rate at FAMU is $105, FAMU is restricted from raising the rate another $5  to $110 even though they would still be cheaper.

Prove it.

GFYF 🖕🏾

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule