News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: LSU Golden Tiger Marching Band Playing "Neck"  (Read 1764 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: LSU Golden Tiger Marching Band Playing "Neck"
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:27 AM »
Those same LSU fans seek to undo every political, social, educational and financial gain African Americans have made and yet black folks praise them for singing a song those dumbs Hicks don't even know is that is basically telling them to sit their dumb arse down somewhere. We are a lost bunch of people. Sad!
I was just having this type discussion after the picture of Drew Brees popped up cozing up to Trump. They bent over backwards to justify why they were worshipping him as if he had won ten super bowls for us. This is how the conversation went.

Me:They loved dem some Drew though

Poster: I will leave 45 alone right now he was just watching the game like all of us do I disagree with his presidency hell yeah I want let hate Consume like it has with him I love football to much

Me: sounds like you're doing some personal confession. I'm not a priest brother

Poster: Hey you know me 45 is still a jackI won't let that Jack change my perception of Drew

Me:  my perception of Drew hasn't change. I've never seen him for anymore than what he is. Another white guy that's all down with you until he has to choose between you and his privilege.

Poster:  I'm a point something out to ya you agree with me or not I don't know Drew personally I could care less about his white privilege hell his check book get him in doors more then his privilege 45 shrew white folk an black folk over so it don't matter again let's stick to football an that's that

Poster: Autry Lex Alexis  again I'm gonna stick to football man we have ways to go as a race but hey we make it happen eventually that White privilege foolery will fall to the ground my black people kicking down doors an stating there claim

Me:  If you wanted to stick to football you wouldn't have responded to my post in the manner that you did. What you were looking for was confirmation of your position. Stop putting yourself in a position to lie to yourself and worst to God. I pray for the day that God free my race from the spell these demons have on so many of us. Fawk Drew Brees and all that he represent. I praise and give honor to no one but God. 

End of discussion

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:15:41 PM by bluedog »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 07:56:15 AM »
Those same LSU fans seek to undo every political, social, educational and financial gain African Americans have made and yet black folks praise them for singing a song those dumbs Hicks don't even know is that is basically telling them to sit their dumb arse down somewhere. We are a lost bunch of people. Sad!
BOOM!! Explosion number 2.

Continue the “detonations” boss. Sorry, but negroes have a greater responsibility than rote cheering and hollering amidst a bunch of drunk Cajuns.   :no:

Await cee dog’s ongoing fusillade;D

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 08:37:06 AM »
Thank you Cee, Strike and JAG.
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
Thank you Cee, Strike, BDand JAG. Some of us are quick to praise the other side. Hell, it's a sight to behold when JAG nation sings Neck also.
Don't get me started on the little clear Drum Major Boy Or the UNCC stealing NCCU & WSSU cheers.

https://twitter.com/hbcuhive
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:07:12 AM by j1908 »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
So what's next? The "I'M SO GLAD" song.  :lol:

Actually songs like that are old gospel songs.  I'm So Glad, Give Me That Ole Time Spirit, etc.

::)
Memphis already stole that one from Tennessee State...IJS   :popcorn:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »
Bluedog, well said, brother!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 11:11:25 AM »
I was just having this type discussion after they picture of Drew Brees popped up cozing up to Trump. They bent over backwards to justify why they were worshipping him as if he had won ten super bowls for us. This is how the conversation went.

Me:They loved dem some Drew though

Poster: I will leave 45 alone right now he was just watching the game like all of us do I disagree with his presidency hell yeah I want let hate Consume like it has with him I love football to much

Me: sounds like you're doing some personal confession. I'm not a priest brother

Poster: Hey you know me 45 is still a jackI won't let that Jack change my perception of Drew

Me:  my perception of Drew hasn't change. I've never seen him for anymore than what he is. Another white guy that's all down with you until he has to choose between you and his privilege.

Poster:  I'm a point something out to ya you agree with me or not I don't know Drew personally I could care less about his white privilege hell his check book get him in doors more then his privilege 45 shrew white folk an black folk over so it don't matter again let's stick to football an that's that

Poster: Autry Lex Alexis  again I'm gonna stick to football man we have ways to go as a race but hey we make it happen eventually that White privilege foolery will fall to the ground my black people kicking down doors an stating there claim

Me:  If you wanted to stick to football you wouldn't have responded to my post in the manner that you did. What you were looking for was confirmation of your position. Stop putting yourself in a position to lie to yourself and worst to God. I pray for the day that God free my race from the spell these demons have on so many of us. Fawk Drew Brees and all that he represent. I praise and give honor to no one but God. 

End of discussion

Most of the time you are the man. But sometimes I don't know... This post was really good.  :clap:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 01:21:03 PM »
Want to know the irony about that entire conversation. I was talking to an ordained minister

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
Want to know the irony about that entire conversation. I was talking to an ordained minister

:lmao:

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »
That wasn't Neck they were playing.  The crowd just did the chant to a different song.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »
@JAG89 refresh my memory about that controversy. I recall the community didn't really want the juke to perform.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 03:33:24 PM »
Ya'll do realize the Asst Band Director at LSU went to Jackson State right

Kelvin Jones
Interim Associate Director of Bands
kjon183@lsu.edu

Dr. Kelvin Jones is the Interim Associate Director of Bands at Louisiana State University. His responsibilities conducting the LSU Symphonic Winds, teaching undergraduate conducting, graduate-level wind literature, and leading the Sudler-winning "Golden Band from Tigerland.”

He is an active drill designer and music arranger for high school and university music programs across the country with his arrangements being performed throughout the United States, including the Dallas Winds. Jones is a 2011 recipient of the Louisiana Music Educators Association’s Young Music Educator of the Year, the 2013 recipient of the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra’s Teacher of Distinction, and the 2014 LSU A.P. Tureaud award recipient for significant contributions to the university. His halftime shows have been featured at the 2017 College Band Directors National Association Conference (CBDNA) in Kansas City, MO and the 2018 Southern CBDNA Conference in Tampa, FL. He is the former band director at West Feliciana High School in St. Francisville, Louisiana. At WFHS, he led an active, comprehensive music program that produced numerous award-winning performances at state and national events, including the 2013 United States National Presidential Inauguration Music Festival in Washington DC.

Dr. Jones has also presented at international, national, and state music conferences across the United States, including Ohio, Texas, and Louisiana Music Educators Associations. He is published in the Instrumentalist magazine (Jan. 2014 and Dec. 2015), an active clinician, and has travelled internationally working with music programs in South America (Chile) and with the LSU marching band in Dublin, Ireland. He also serves as a clinician/instructor at the Smith-Walbridge Drum Major Clinic held in Charleston, Illinois working with high school and college drum majors from across the country.

He holds degrees in Music from Jackson State University and Louisiana State University. He is a member of the College Band Directors National Association, Kappa Kappa Psi Fraternity Inc., National Association for Music Education, Louisiana Music Educators Association, Louisiana Association of Jazz Educators, HBCU Band Directors Consortium, and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. He resides in Zachary, LA with his wife Felicia, a registered nurse, and their bundle of joy son, Samuel aka "BJ".

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 03:53:52 PM »
Ya'll act like we invented most of the stuff our bands are playing. Next you're going to say we have the better bands. But before you start on me, take a look at this clip of Ohio State's band. Yes when we play these schools the game gets ugly, and most of the time the half time gets uglier.  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:55:49 PM by Ram55 »

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »
No one is saying we “ Invented”. What I ‘m saying, not speaking for others, is when we have played or done something for so long, then the clear ones come along and do the same thing, people act like it’s the next best thing to BBQ ribs.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »

I'm a big fan of Ohio State and UofMichigan's bands.

Its these rednecky, OOPS, I mean, SEC schools that I could care less about.

To each his own, they say.
:popcorn:

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News