News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: LSU Golden Tiger Marching Band Playing "Neck"  (Read 1752 times)

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
LSU Golden Tiger Marching Band Playing "Neck"
« on: January 15, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
The LSU fans took "Neck" to dark side again Monday night.  I thought the LSU administration had band them from playing and singing Neck this way.  Leave it to white folks to f*ck things up.  It is going to be interesting to see in 2022 when Southern goes to LSU for football how the 2 separate groups of fans sing this song.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Re: LSU Golden Tiger Marching Band Playing "Neck"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »
I see the Brady Bunch is still chantiing 'suck that TigerDick'   :no:   

just.... NO CLASS whatsoever.
:tongue2:

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:17:40 AM »
Screw that song. Just make sure that the score is not 100 to 0 by half time. Just saying.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »
Screw that song. Just make sure that the score is not 100 to 0 by half time. Just saying.

Based on what I saw against Clemson, it just might be that bad at the half. Nothing against Southern, but LSU is that good. Those Tigers hit hard... real hard.  :lol:

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 07:07:02 PM »
Y'all can say what ya want, but when you're in Tiger Stadium and the GBFTL plays "Neck", with over 100K fans joining in, it is a sight to behold. :nod:

And honestly, at home games it's generally only the student section that is chanting STTDB. :lol:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »

heck, a lot of white school bands play it now!  i hear it all the time when i watch power 5 football games on tv...

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 11:24:16 PM »
Arian Nation members listen to rap music. Does that make them Kool... :shrug:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:29 AM »
Not to give them any credit, but if one knew the political history of the song Talking Out The Side of Your Neck, LSU in general might have played a part in why that song was created.  In the late 70's, there was a political controversy when Reagan spoke at LSU's campus and SU's band was made to perform.  The controversy almost derailed Reagan's campaign.  A former SU Jukebox member co-author the song for Cameo. I'm sure none of the LSU students know the political history of the song.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:06:14 AM by JAG89 »

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:01 AM »
Honestly, I can bet money that students at LSU NOR Southern, know the political history of the song.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 02:41:46 AM »
So what's next? The "I'M SO GLAD" song.  :lol:

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 05:01:54 AM »
So what's next? The "I'M SO GLAD" song.  :lol:

Actually songs like that are old gospel songs.  I'm So Glad, Give Me That Ole Time Spirit, etc.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 05:17:40 AM »
Not to give them any credit, but if one knew the political history of the song Talking Out The Side of Your Neck, LSU in general might have played a part in why that song was created.  In the late 70's, there was a political controversy when Reagan spoke at LSU's campus and SU's band was made to perform.  The controversy almost derailed Reagan's campaign.  A former SU Jukebox member co-author the song for Cameo. I'm sure none of the LSU students know the political history of the song.

Man I had forgotten all about that

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 05:31:25 AM »

Thanks

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 05:41:38 AM »
Arian Nation members listen to rap music. Does that make them Kool... :shrug:
BOOM!!

End of discussion.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:56:48 AM »
Those same LSU fans seek to undo every political, social, educational and financial gain African Americans have made and yet black folks praise them for singing a song those dumbs Hicks don't even know is that is basically telling them to sit their dumb arse down somewhere. We are a lost bunch of people. Sad!
"Bulldog for Life"

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News