News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: NO MOE 'Watchmen'...???  (Read 36 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
NO MOE 'Watchmen'...???
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:34:28 PM »
HBO’s Watchmen will not move on to a second season

https://thegrio.com/2020/01/17/hbos-watchmen-second-season/

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: NO MOE 'Watchmen'...???
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
HBO’s Watchmen will not move on to a second season

https://thegrio.com/2020/01/17/hbos-watchmen-second-season/

THE PROMOS FOR THAT SHOW MADE IT SEEM SO PROMISING.

I COULDN'T WAIT FOR IT TO DEBUT. TRY AS I DID, I SIMPLY COULD NOT SEE THE WORTHINESS OF THAT SHOW.  IT IS ONE OF THE FEW HBO "DUDS", I'VE EXPERIENCED. TV SHOULD BE INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING.  I GET IT. BUT OFTEN, "WATCHMEN" WENT WAY BEYOND "INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING" OR "CHALLENGING", TO JUST PLAIN OLD CONFUSING. :shrug: 

I OFTEN HAD TO WATCH EPISODES MORE THAN ONCE JUST TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON. WHO HAS THAT KIND OF TIME?  I SEE THAT I OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND IT TO BE LESS THAN ENTERTAINING.  I FOR ONE WILL NOT MISS IT. :clap:

...AND TRUST ME, IF THAT PROGRAM HAD A BIG ENOUGH FOLLOWING, HBO WOULD HAVE MADE WHATEVER ADJUSTMENTS NECESSARY AND WENT FOR A SECOND SEASON.  REGARDLESS OF IT'S CRITICAL ACCLAIM, I SIMPLY DON'T BELIEVE THERE WERE ENOUGH VIEWERS AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE FOR HBO; CABLE SUBSCRIPTIONS.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:15:51 PM by CIAA-FAN »
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News