News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
Re: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2020, 10:21:23 PM »
Y’all keep discounting this man’s coaching abilities all you want, but he’s a proven winner. 

Other coaches with similar team talent - heck other coaches at Carolina haven’t been able to do what he’s done - but yet y’all claim he can’t coach.  It’s nonsensical to me.   He’s led two blue blood programs and had success at both.   

Carolina will more than likely have another tournament win within the next 5-7 years.   It’s a formula that requires everything to fall into place just right - only one team a year  out of  60+ teams gets it right - and he’s gotten it right 3 (almost 4) times in the past 16-17 years.  That requires more than just rolling a basketball out on the court and telling them to play. 

Just say you don’t like that he called out his players - might not have been the classiest move, but doesn’t discount his achievements.   Let that man be.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:26:53 PM by Valley Girl »
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2020, 11:25:53 PM »
We will be back... :tongue2:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2020, 06:47:33 AM »
With all these one and done types its amazing how continuously coaches configure raw talent to compete at the highest level.  Teams without one and done are polishing their craft, playing together for three years and winning.  Kentucky, at one point was recruiting a new team each year.  I can imagine the challenges to those team having to reload each year. 

UNC coach made statements relative to team play that most coaches make in the locker room and meetings.  Wearing his emotions on his sleeves said some things, while true, in the heat of the loss says much about posters,  Some have skin thinner than the players.  You as a poster may be displeased, (that is why you post from your position) and the guys on the team take it as impetus to improve.  THATS WHAT WINNERS DO.  VALLEY GIRL has a winners attitude in posts.  The coaches comment to the players was gone quickly and what was left is their inner determination to improve.  THATS WHAT WINNER DO.  Losers hold heads down with hurt feelings . Coaches I had said worse, I think.  Rolled off like water on a duck.  :nod: ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:50:36 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »
Yeah, all that bloviation aside, Roy has underperformed in the #1 seat of late @ Chapel Hill and in my view, is a fraud and starting to slip.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2020, 09:49:00 AM »
Yeah, all that bloviation aside, Roy has underperformed in the #1 seat of late @ Chapel Hill and in my view, is a fraud and starting to slip.
If he has underperformed, every coach has underperformed in D1 basketball! No coach has won more NCAA titles than Roy since he came to UNC in 2003. Injuries have killed this team and you can't see that. It's hard to win when you got three or more rotation players that are out every game. As I said, UNC didn't play with no true point guard last game because all of them were injured. Btw, I guess Dean underperformed because Roy has one more NCAA title than him.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:12:49 AM by AntonioM229 »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
If he has underperformed, every coach has underperformed in D1 basketball! No coach has won more NCAA titles than Roy since he came to UNC in 2003. Injuries have killed this team and you can't see that. It's hard to win when you got three or more rotation players that are out every game. As I said, UNC didn't play with no true point guard last game because all of them were injured. Btw, I guess Dean underperformed because Roy has one more NCAA title than him.

is it not Roy fault he doesn't have a PG? He is the one who pissed 7th Woods off by recruiting over him yearly, bet he could use him now

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »
https://www.tarheelblog.com/2020/1/16/21066349/unc-tar-heels-basketball-season-injuries-cole-anthony-sterling-manley

So, in summary, Carolina has played 16 games on the season. Here’s are the scholarship players who’ve missed games:

Sterling Manley-16 (out for the year)

Anthony Harris-11 (out for the year)

Jeremiah Francis-9 (so far, hasn’t returned)

Cole Anthony-7 (so far, 4-6 week time table)

Brandon Robinson-4

Andrew Platek-2

Leaky Black-1

Armando Bacot-1/2

With these injuries, players have missed a total of 50.5 games versus if all thirteen were healthy, they could combine to play a total of 208 games so far (16 x 13 scholarships, think of it the same way as having a maximum of 200 minutes you can play your players during a game). Put another way, Roy has been playing without almost 25% of his available scholarship player availability all season.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »
Underperforming is one thing, being a Fraud is another.

Believe what you wanna, but if you can look at this man’s body of work over a 30 year period and attribute it to luck I don’t know what to tell ya.

If he’s a fraud, he’s a damn good one cause he’s been hiding it for decades. 

Y’all act like this man is Jeff Fisher 8-8 ing his way into head coaching jobs.  #FOH
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2020, 01:12:13 PM »
He didn't have to throw his players under the bus. PERIOD.  Shyt happens and apparently Williams hasn't ever really faced REAL adversity. Hence the throwing his bench players under the bus.

Like I said, he coulda dreamed up some illness for himself, turned the team over the assistants so they would carry these losses and not him since I'm sure that's part of his lament.

:nono2:, its wishful thinking but they should transfer since 'coach' thinks so little of them.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »

I didn't realize NCCU was having a bad year.

Speaking of NCCU, if Moton had Roy's players with the same schedule and injuries he'd have a Top 25 team. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 10:24:29 PM »

is it not Roy fault he doesn't have a PG? He is the one who pissed 7th Woods off by recruiting over him yearly, bet he could use him now
It isn't his fault that three-point guards are injured. He can't control that. He recruited over Woods because Woods isn't a starting PG in D1. Coach K, Cal, and all the elite coaches recruit over players all the time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:26:34 PM by AntonioM229 »

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »

I didn't realize NCCU was having a bad year.

Speaking of NCCU, if Moton had Roy's players with the same schedule and injuries he'd have a Top 25 team.

We have a couple of guys injured too.   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2020, 03:47:05 AM »
Fire him!
The Answer

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2020, 04:48:03 AM »
87 ALUM.  Who is the coach you think is the answer as per ur comments?

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News