News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud  (Read 1330 times)

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2020, 11:10:35 AM »
Dude ain’t coaching His players up and that’s very evident.

It doesn't take a lot of coaching to coach up a team of ALL Americans. Now, that he doesn't have any (injuries) he throws them under the bus. That indicative of a lack of coaching ability and looking for an excuse.
You still got to coach your team. If it was easy, why Coach K and Cal aren't winning NCAA titles every year? Roy did better than them with less. As I said, if they weren't so injury prone, they would still be ranked. He isn't the best coach but he is a winner!

Offline Cub 7

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2020, 11:18:04 AM »
I guess y'all want Brad Daugherty back

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
I guess y'all want Brad Daugherty back

Brad played ball but you’re thinking Matt Doherty, the white dude....yeah he sucked

Offline Cub 7

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:23 AM »
You're correct.  Matt

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
Great coach not making critical adjustments....say it ain’t so....

:lmao:

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2020, 01:39:59 PM »
He isn't coaching up his reserves and it's showing. Roy has to have talent

all coaches have to have talent.  you don't think coach "k" or john calipari don't need talent to win?

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2020, 01:49:25 PM »
North Carolina in basketball is still North Carolina the storied program suffering through what appears to be a down year.  This has happened before and they came  back with a bang as all the ACC powerhouse perennially ranked teams.  Simply, you don't win that number of games AS A FRAUD?     :no: :no:   He can coach and has proven that fact time after time.  This may not be a typical Carolina year, but the ACC will be typical.

He is a fraud and got you tricked too. He has won a ton of games with superior talent. What you are now seeing is exactly how great of a coach he is. A great coach will coach up the talent that he or she has. They won’t throw them under the bus like Roy has and is doing this year. I said a few years ago dude was a fraud and overrated. Most can win when you went 10 deep on the roster with McDonalds All Americans. UNC ain’t getting them recruits like they used to.

before you said that, you might wanna have taken a look at unc's 2020 recruiting class first.  just sayin'...

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
???

Why is it no one wants to defend Williams comments out of his mouth? Fraud or not he threw his team under the bus..... in public

he was only telling "the truth", that's why nobody cares about what he said...

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2020, 02:27:55 PM »
???

Why is it no one wants to defend Williams comments out of his mouth? Fraud or not he threw his team under the bus..... in public

he was only telling "the truth", that's why nobody cares about what he said...

But you don’t say it in PUBLIC.  That’s my rub, he has no character. He shoulda faked his own injury/illness and left the team to the assistants like K did some years back.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2020, 05:34:16 AM »
Give us the name of the Coach currently in the mix perched atop a list meeting your criteria as poster boy for perfection in that profession.  All perennially winning teams in the NCAA currently could also fit that lowball criteria some have placed on UNC.    Izzo, Coach K, Calipari, Boeheim, to name a few , wouldn't make the list based upon comments entered so i'm curious who would soar above all of them  IYO.?   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:39:08 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:52 AM »

But you don’t say it in PUBLIC.  That’s my rub, he has no character. He shoulda faked his own injury/illness and left the team to the assistants like K did some years back.

Exactly!!! I remember when Coach K did that.

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »
perfect time for you Carolina negroes to come on back home and stop caring so much about THEM.   :shrug:

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »
This forum is getting crazier by the day. Now some are saying he needs talent to win... hello nurse, every winner needs talent to win on the highest levels of sports. How do you think A&T and Bowie is winning all these games? In general, they have more talent than the teams they are playing. Besides, part of being a great coach is recruiting great players to fit their system. Lessor coaches recruit what they can and try to make it work with what they get.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2020, 04:17:45 PM »
This forum is getting crazier by the day. Now some are saying he needs talent to win... hello nurse, every winner needs talent to win on the highest levels of sports. How do you think A&T and Bowie is winning all these games? In general, they have more talent than the teams they are playing. Besides, part of being a great coach is recruiting great players to fit their system. Lessor coaches recruit what they can and try to make it work with what they get.

But how do you complain about the kids you recruited

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2020, 08:46:52 PM »

bossman, of course you need talent.  However, when your recruits turn out to be lessor than what hoped for OR the injury bug bites you big you don't whine and complain "we just don't have a gifted team...." 

You suck it up and COACH like the coach who will probably never have a Micky D All American.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News