News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud  (Read 1764 times)

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 09:10:53 PM »
He isn't coaching up his reserves and it's showing. Roy has to have talent
When Coach K didn't have talent, he didn't do well either. I guess you didn't know about his record when he first got to Duke or do you remember the 1995 season? Anyway, Duke gets the best talent every year and they haven't been to a final four since 2015! UNC went to two "back to back" final fours since 2015 and they won it all in 2017. Injuries are killing the Heels and only a fool will deny that. Roy is going to be the 3rd all-time winningest coach of all time soon, I'm sure he knows how to coach!

Well,,,,,,,they won't make the final 4 this March, that's for dayum sure,,,,,,,they might not even make it to the NIT, let alone the Big Dance, with the way they're playing,,,,,,,, :snicker :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 10:53:02 PM »
When Coach K didn't have talent, he didn't do well either. I guess you didn't know about his record when he first got to Duke or do you remember the 1995 season? Anyway, Duke gets the best talent every year and they haven't been to a final four since 2015! UNC went to two "back to back" final fours since 2015 and they won it all in 2017. Injuries are killing the Heels and only a fool will deny that. Roy is going to be the 3rd all-time winningest coach of all time soon, I'm sure he knows how to coach!

Well,,,,,,,they won't make the final 4 this March, that's for dayum sure,,,,,,,they might not even make it to the NIT, let alone the Big Dance, with the way they're playing,,,,,,,, :snicker :popcorn:
That will be fine because we know UNC will not be like this often. The season isn't over with. They can still make the NCAA tournament this year. They just got to stop the dumb **** and play with IQ. Cole will be back and they will be fine. I know Duke isn't winning any NCAA title this year. They will choke like always. UNC will be contending for the NCAA ship next year.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 06:39:28 AM »
It has and  will continue to happen to all in that trade of coaching.  The winningest coach had his down years too as a results of injuries on one hand  and talent that peaked in High School and got no better. in college. One does not win that many games as has Roy not knowing his trade.  This may be that IT year for them but I'm sure they will be back.  Good for Clemson 2020 for ending that streak which reminded UNC fans of the Washington Generals ,a team  that played the Harlem Globetrotters, never winning.  I think UNC will be back and it will be 59-1 which stil stinks for Clemson. Not being a fan of either, really didn't matter, excepting nice to break that streak.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »

That will be fine because we know UNC will not be like this often. The season isn't over with. They can still make the NCAA tournament this year. They just got to stop the dumb **** and play with IQ. Cole will be back and they will be fine. I know Duke isn't winning any NCAA title this year. They will choke like always. UNC will be contending for the NCAA ship next year.

Man, this ain't about DUKE! Why yall puttin' DUKE into this carolina catastrophe?!?!?  :lmao:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 08:40:36 PM by punchy »
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 10:56:33 AM »

They lost with Anthony too. 3 games.

UNC is 8-8. They aren't going to the NCAA. Hell the NIT is in question at this point.

They have 15 left. Need 12 to hit 20. They have to have 20 wins to even think of an at-large. No way they go 12-3 with these games left

Sat, Jan 18   @Pittsburgh
Wed, Jan 22   @Virginia Tech
Sat, Jan 25   vs Miami
Mon, Jan 27   @NC State
Sat, Feb 1   vs Boston College
Mon, Feb 3   @Florida State
Sat, Feb 8   vs Duke
Tue, Feb 11   @Wake Forest
Sat, Feb 15   vsVirginia
Mon, Feb 17   @Notre Dame
Sat, Feb 22   @Louisville
Tue, Feb 25   vsNC State
Sat, Feb 29   @Syracuse
Tue, Mar 3   vs Wake Forest
Sat, Mar 7   @Duke

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:24:03 AM by Professor »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
Someone hitting that kush hard.....

Carolina ain’t making the NCAA’s unless they win the ACC Tournament.....

Quote the raven on that.....

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 05:55:39 AM »
North Carolina in basketball is still North Carolina the storied program suffering through what appears to be a down year.  This has happened before and they came  back with a bang as all the ACC powerhouse perennially ranked teams.  Simply, you don't win that number of games AS A FRAUD?     :no: :no:   He can coach and has proven that fact time after time.  This may not be a typical Carolina year, but the ACC will be typical.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 08:38:35 AM »
North Carolina in basketball is still North Carolina the storied program suffering through what appears to be a down year.  This has happened before and they came  back with a bang as all the ACC powerhouse perennially ranked teams.  Simply, you don't win that number of games AS A FRAUD?     :no: :no:   He can coach and has proven that fact time after time.  This may not be a typical Carolina year, but the ACC will be typical.

He is a fraud and got you tricked too. He has won a ton of games with superior talent. What you are now seeing is exactly how great of a coach he is. A great coach will coach up the talent that he or she has. They won’t throw them under the bus like Roy has and is doing this year. I said a few years ago dude was a fraud and overrated. Most can win when you went 10 deep on the roster with McDonalds All Americans. UNC ain’t getting them recruits like they used to.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »

He is a fraud and got you tricked too. He has won a ton of games with superior talent. What you are now seeing is exactly how great of a coach he is. A great coach will coach up the talent that he or she has. They won’t throw them under the bus like Roy has and is doing this year. I said a few years ago dude was a fraud and overrated. Most can win when you went 10 deep on the roster with McDonalds All Americans. UNC ain’t getting them recruits like they used to.
No coach can win with the injuries UNC had this year. 8 players missed games this season. Hell, they played Clemson with no point guard in the last game because they were all injured. He never coached an NBA All-Star at UNC yet! Coach K had way more talent than Roy but Coach K hasn't been to a final four since 2015 with all that elite talent. UNC never had 10 Mcdonald All Americans on the team at one time. UNC got the #3 recruiting class coming next year.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:05:09 AM by AntonioM229 »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 10:06:54 AM »

No coach can win with the injuries UNC had this year. 8 players missed games this season. Hell, they played Clemson with no point guard in the last game because they were all injured. He never coached an NBA All-Star at UNC yet! Coach K had way more talent than Roy but Coach K hasn't been to a final four since 2015 with all that elite talent. UNC never had 10 Mcdonald All Americans on the team at one time. UNC got the #3 recruiting class coming next year.

I see you still haven't addressed why he threw his team under the bus

"We stunk, OK. We were not very good," Williams said on his radio show Roy Williams Live on Monday. "The crazy thing about it is, our team, and we've had some very gifted teams, this is not a very gifted team. It's just not."

Did he not recruit them 'not very gifted players'?

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »

No coach can win with the injuries UNC had this year. 8 players missed games this season. Hell, they played Clemson with no point guard in the last game because they were all injured. He never coached an NBA All-Star at UNC yet! Coach K had way more talent than Roy but Coach K hasn't been to a final four since 2015 with all that elite talent. UNC never had 10 Mcdonald All Americans on the team at one time, so stop your hating bs! UNC got the #3 recruiting class coming next year. You need to stay in your lane because you are clueless!

They had as many as 8 McDonalds All Americans on a roster in 2011-2012, 2008-2009. Couple seasons with 7 & 6.

The past three seasons, there were two. Let that sink in....since I’m so clueless......any rational explanations for the drop off, Mr Genius?

He came off a natty with 6 in 2016-2017 and dropped off to two the next year.....

Dude your paper strawman is being destroyed.

And what’s this none sense about never coaching a nba all star....last I checked, he’s coaching NCAA D1, not NBA.

Dude, it’s clear to many that he’s slipping. He’s not the coach you think he is. The talent is down. The recruiting is down. Their offense is stagnant with very few perimeter shooters. The game has changed and Roy is still looking for a Raef LeFrentz or Tyler Hanesborough to show up and make him look great.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »

No coach can win with the injuries UNC had this year. 8 players missed games this season. Hell, they played Clemson with no point guard in the last game because they were all injured. He never coached an NBA All-Star at UNC yet! Coach K had way more talent than Roy but Coach K hasn't been to a final four since 2015 with all that elite talent. UNC never had 10 Mcdonald All Americans on the team at one time, so stop your hating bs! UNC got the #3 recruiting class coming next year. You need to stay in your lane because you are clueless!

They had as many as 8 McDonalds All Americans on a roster in 2011-2012, 2008-2009. Couple seasons with 7 & 6.

The past three seasons, there were two. Let that sink in....since I’m so clueless......any rational explanations for the drop off, Mr Genius?

He came off a natty with 6 in 2016-2017 and dropped off to two the next year.....

And what’s this none sense about never coaching a nba all star....last I checked, he’s coaching NCAA D1, not NBA.

Dude, it’s clear to many that he’s slipping. He’s not the coach you think he is. The talent is down. The recruiting is down. Their offense is stagnant with very few perimeter shooters. The game has changed and Roy is still looking for a Raef LeFrentz or Tyler Hanesborough to show up and make him look great.
The scandal had a lot to do with recruiting in 2017 & 2018. Nassir was the last player to sign with the Heels in the 2018 class and that was before the NCAA decided on what to do with the Heels. 2018 & 2019 still were great recruiting classes. It's just that the Heels are so injury prone this year. You can't win with this many injuries on a team. Please tell me what coach won with this many injuries in D1 college basketball? Why Coach K can't make it to the final four with all that NBA talent on his team. Coach K had one of the best college players of all time on his team and he still couldn't make it to the final four. So, it's hard to win whether you have an elite talent or not! If recruiting was down, UNC wouldn't have the #3 recruiting class in the nation coming next year! Roy didn't have any Lafrentz or Hansbrough's type in 2017 and he still won the ship! No coach has more NCAA titles than Roy since he came to UNC in 2003.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:19:18 PM by AntonioM229 »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:58 PM »

And yet K has won 20 plus games every year since 97. Remember Roy's trip to the NIT in 2010. Roy recruited every player on the roster. If they weren't worthy of a scholarship at UNC, why he give them one?

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 12:44:52 PM »

The scandal had a lot to do with recruiting in 2017 & 2018. Nassir was the last player to sign with the Heels in the 2018 class and that was before the NCAA decided on what to do with the Heels. 2018 & 2019 still were great recruiting classes. It's just that the Heels are so injury prone this year. You can't win with this many injuries on a team. Please tell me what coach won with this many injuries in D1 college basketball? Why Coach K can't make it to the final four with all that NBA talent on his team. Coach K had one of the best college players of all time on his team and he still couldn't make it to the final four. So, it's hard to win whether you have an elite talent or not! If recruiting was down, UNC wouldn't have the #3 recruiting class in the nation coming next year! Roy didn't have any Lafrentz or Hansbrough's type in 2017 and he still won the ship! No coach has more NCAA titles than Roy since he came to UNC in 2003.

UNC issues have nothing to do with the Scandal. Roy isn't able to keep his team together like he has in the past. He has been losing more kids to early entry into the draft and he wasn't prepared

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 01:17:27 PM »
Good recruits didn't come to UNC in 2017 because they thought the NCAA was going drop the hammer on UNC. 2017 was the last year of the scandal. If this team was healthy, they would still be ranked. Roy isn't the best coach in the world but he is a winner. He can't win with all these injuries. He wasn't prepared for this many injuries, hell, what coach is prepared for that?

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=