News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud  (Read 1366 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud
« on: January 11, 2020, 06:46:52 PM »
 :lmao:

Clemson came into the Dean Dome and ended a 58 game road losing streak vs UNC. I bet ol Dean clawing to get out that grave to return to the bench. Carolina is the joke of the ACC this year....

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: I’ve been telling y’all Roy Williams is a fraud
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 07:47:35 PM »

Clemson came into the Dean Dome and ended a 58 game road losing streak vs UNC. I bet ol Dean clawing to get out that grave to return to the bench. Carolina is the joke of the ACC this year....

UNC is having a subpar season, but how does that make Roy Williams a fraud? Surely I don’t need to list his resume.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:18:38 PM »
I love seeing the tar heels lose. Congrats Clemson!!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 10:26:54 PM »
it was 59 games until today.

I've always wondered how these 'great' coaches would fair when they don't have a starting 5 of All Americans. Well, Williams basically said it himself when he starting whining, sorry, lamenting he didn't have but one All American on the team playing because of injury.

When you can only coach a 'system' instead of the players you have, regardless of talent, I have to wonder how you call yourself a coach.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:31:43 PM »
it was 59 games until today.

I've always wondered how these 'great' coaches would fair when they don't have a starting 5 of All Americans. Well, Williams basically said it himself when he starting whining, sorry, lamenting he didn't have but one All American on the team playing because of injury.

When you can only coach a 'system' instead of the players you have, regardless of talent, I have to wonder how you call yourself a coach.

I think this is true in practically all sports.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »
He isn't coaching up his reserves and it's showing. Roy has to have talent

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »

So is Roy a fraud?

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 03:13:55 PM »

So is Roy a fraud?

Yes.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »
His character has been exposed. When he threw his remaining players under the bus earlier when he said "we just don't have that much talent on this team" those players should look to transfer at season's end.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »
His character has been exposed. When he threw his remaining players under the bus earlier when he said "we just don't have that much talent on this team" those players should look to transfer at season's end.

It's like he didn't recruit all of them

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »

Injuries have been killing this team. They haven't been healthy all year. They didn't play with no true point guard yesterday. All three of the point guards are injured. They had 8 players that missed games this season because of injuries. That is the biggest reason why UNC got a losing team this year. No coach has more NCAA titles than Roy since he came to UNC in 2003. If he sucks, I guess every college basketball coach sucks! Btw, streaks are meant to be broken! Nothing will last forever.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:30:38 PM by AntonioM229 »

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 07:04:05 PM »
When Coach K didn't have talent, he didn't do well either. I guess you didn't know about his record when he first got to Duke or do you remember the 1995 season? Anyway, Duke gets the best talent every year and they haven't been to a final four since 2015! UNC went to two "back to back" final fours since 2015 and they won it all in 2017. Injuries are killing the Heels and only a fool will deny that. Roy is going to be the 3rd all-time winningest coach of all time soon, I'm sure he knows how to coach! 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:11:10 PM by AntonioM229 »

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 07:05:32 PM »

So is Roy a fraud?
No coach is a fraud when they have three NCAA titles! He is tied for fourth all-time in NCAA history.

Offline aggieman70

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
Is olde Roy your daddy?

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 08:20:00 PM »
AntonioM229

I think you're missing the point. Did Williams not say

"We stunk, OK. We were not very good," Williams said on his radio show Roy Williams Live on Monday. "The crazy thing about it is, our team, and we've had some very gifted teams, this is not a very gifted team. It's just not."

And then doubled down on that statement. I'm sorry you don't throw your team under bus because you have injuries...and that's exactly what he did. Williams is responsible for them being on the team, now trying to disown them. Terrible character. I doubt Dean Smith would have done that.

Coach K didn't during his lean years...at least not publicly   :lmao:

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News