News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Robert Massey gets a vote of confidence from new WSSU AD...  (Read 1422 times)

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
Re: Robert Massey gets a vote of confidence from new WSSU AD...
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
Ouch
The Answer

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 06:40:38 PM »
The WWW is informative in many ways especially when throwing shade on another school.  A friend who is a coach had a recruit change his mind upon looking at trash talk from a few empty headed fans and alums freely expressing prejudices online thus shocking the young man to change his mind about attending this PWI.  Our schools (HBCU) have so many positives compared to other institutions we should succeed in mentioning  even in disagreements. WSSU has educated many of my spouse relatives and they have done well in life  and growth as solid citizens.  I see folk kill each other philosophically concerning athletics but being aware of the total consequences of spilled ink stains, I will refrain and watch remarks in the future.   Recruits hear your talk about your coach, positive and negative.  Get behind a great institution, the AD, Chancellor, Coaches and auxiliary support staff and shine again.  Yes a poster said  coach should be given an adequate chance to succeed ,  I agree.  

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 10:43:07 PM »
WSSU does not have the resources we once had in regards to football. We need to provide the necessary resources that will put us back on top.  We don't have nowhere near the resources Maynor or Boulware had early....It's a reason why we have become average.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »
Yes, WSSU appear not having past resources but they could if Alums /supporters reached a little deeper in pockets.  Everybody had to do it.   You cannot blame coaches who leave for more money.  It happens everyday in all industries , corporations, and institutions of higher education.  Being disappointed is a natural feeling under those circumstances  Which coach do you desire in our stable?  Baylor University has to find another coach who moved to greener pastures recently  However,  I doubt there is regret for hiring him initially.  Baylor supported him and he got it done on the field.  Who could be mad at that ending?  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:05:25 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2020, 08:05:15 AM »
We dont need good hands, we need a proven winner leading the program. Got one?

LC Cole!

:lmao:

He show can coach!
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2020, 12:05:22 PM »
Well, living in the HIU glass house you can't throw no stones...but if I had to be a neutral person in this debate, based on averages and Massey's history, WSSU's NCCU mafia connection AD/Chancellor are making a crucial error if they sign Massey to a 3-year contract. I would sign him to one year and only consider extending it if he won the Southern Division at the least.

Concur, except that if we DON'T win the division but have a good winning record.

Here is the deal: Massey has been coaching a long time and hasn't really won; second he threw his boy Boulware up under the bus and stepped on the gas; third he can't coach or recruit. Shaw has way fewer resources than WSSU but the guy that is there now is doing a decent job with peanuts.

True; false; remains to be seen(it's definitely his to own now). Shaw has the most scholarships in the CIAA, something that few people know, so he's not working with peanuts.

I would open up the search personally. Yall gon' lose Homecoming again! Speaking of Boulware how can WSSU be paying two coaches if he was fired based on this arcane law trotted out by President Robinson last year at the height of the investigation?

If the AD is wise, as we're being told, she is looking anyway. Maybe, but despite the HC crying we have NEVER scheduled a softy for homecoming on purpose.  We even paid a strong Union team to play us one year, and lost.  Ironically we played them the next week for the championship. 

The law is not arcane. Anyone in a job involving student supervision should be aware of it, and if not, common sense should take over.  The man messed up. Had he reported it he would still be the coach. Why are we paying him? Good lawyer?

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »
I heard Bouleware has been contacted by Willie Gary.  Does anyone know what happened? I heard he did report from what I read.
The Answer

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule