News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Why Have No Republicans Turned on Trump?  (Read 198 times)

Online EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Why Have No Republicans Turned on Trump?
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:17:07 PM »
DEC 03, 2019   OPINION
Why Have No Republicans Turned on Trump?

Thom Hartmann / Independent Media Institute

There is a very simple reason why some Republicans voted for the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump.

That reason is a corrupted U.S. Supreme Court.

In 1976 (Buckley v. Valeo) and 1978 (First National Bank of Boston v. Bellotti), the Supreme Court ruled that when corporations and billionaires purchase their very own politicians, it is constitutionally protected “free speech” rather than “bribery,” which is how we defined it from the beginning of our republic until 1976. In 2010, the Supreme Court doubled down on its betrayal of American democracy with its Citizens United decision.

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Why Have No Republicans Turned on Trump?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:30:17 AM »
I have NO FAITH in the SUPREMES!

They have become a political court.   I cant wait until they turn agent orange into a king.,   :snicker :snicker :snicker

Its what kool aid drinkers believe, he is above the law.   :crazy: :tiptoe: :nono2:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
The GOP has been compromised.  They no longer believe in the concept of a democratic society and have embraced authoritarianism.  It will take a civil war to save our republic. 
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 10:20:12 AM »
I BELIEVE NO GOPer HAS TURNED ON HIM BECAUSE THEY KNOW HE IS NOT NOR DOES HE OPERATE LIKE A TRADITIONAL POLITICIAN.  HE HAS AND ACTS MORE LIKE A MOB BOSS WHO WILL EXACT RETRIBUTION WHEN CROSSED. HOWEVER, I BELIEVE THE DAY IS COMING VERY SOON THAT THEY WILL SEE THE "EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES" AND WILL TURN ON HIM LIKE A PACK OF SHARKS ON ONE OF THEIR OWN, WHO IS ACCIDENTLY WOUNDED AND BLEEDING.  :popcorn:

TRUMP HAS BEEN WOUNDED BY THE IMPEACHMENT ACTIONS AND THE GOPers ARE SIMPLY WATCHING TO SEE THE EXTENT OF THAT WOUNDING.

MTF.
ONE OF MY NEW YEAR's RESOLUTIONS WAS NOT TO ENGAGE IN POLITICAL DISCOURSE WITH "SELF-DESCRIBED ASSHOLES" or "LIARS". I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE TO KEEP IT. (Posted on January 6, 2020). "https://www.capitaljazz.com/lounge" /AND... "https://naaga.co/" and "https://democrats.org/"

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
I BELIEVE NO GOPer HAS TURNED ON HIM BECAUSE THEY KNOW HE IS NOT NOR DOES HE OPERATE LIKE A TRADITIONAL POLITICIAN.  HE HAS AND ACTS MORE LIKE A MOB BOSS WHO WILL EXACT RETRIBUTION WHEN CROSSED. HOWEVER, I BELIEVE THE DAY IS COMING VERY SOON THAT THEY WILL SEE THE "EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES" AND WILL TURN ON HIM LIKE A PACK OF SHARKS ON ONE OF THEIR OWN, WHO IS ACCIDENTLY WOUNDED AND BLEEDING.  :popcorn:

TRUMP HAS BEEN WOUNDED BY THE IMPEACHMENT ACTIONS AND THE GOPers ARE SIMPLY WATCHING TO SEE THE EXTENT OF THAT WOUNDING.

MTF.

GOP support is as high as ever, not sure how you arrive at that. If our elections were based on majority vote then yes I agree.  The Electoral College makes things dicey and no elected republicans are jumping ship.  Not running does nothing as several have done.

The solution seems easy to me, the Senate needs to grow a pair and convict him. There will be outrage, but they can present the evidence in a manner their constituents will understand and believe. Of course not all will, the neo-Nazi's and similar, but reasonable people will get it.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 11:46:17 AM »
Trump and his loyalists control the RNC and all funding. Those GOP officials need money for their reelection

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

>