News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Hampton University delicately balancing HBCU tradition with Big South future  (Read 1212 times)

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Two years after bolting from the MEAC, Hampton has made sure to keep in touch with its HBCU roots. Could its success change the game?
https://hbcugameday.com/2019/12/04/hampton-university-meac-ciaa-big-south-conference/
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I'm an NCCU grad and we don't miss them.
Deeds not stones, are the true monuments of the great.

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
.....there was nothing really special or informative about this article :shrug:
It’s almost as if someone at Hampton called HBCUgameday and asked for a plug just so their name could remain relevant in an environment they ultimately chose to leave on their own volition  :tiptoe:

That’s not me dissin’ Hampton.....it’s just how this article looks/smells to me.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
They could have started by explaining why they decided to leave the MEAC. I've read varying reasons such as a desire to participate in playoffs then another read says travel expenses?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:43:29 AM by Decks »

Online Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Hampton is not missed in the MEAC. And they might have bit off more than they can chew in the Big South

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Hillman Homecoming 2020!!!
    • View Profile
Well well well...  :popcorn: allrighty then.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
"The two private HBCUs, located an hour apart in Virginia, have a four-year deal that will include Hampton traveling to Richmond in a revival of the Gold Bowl."

So is Hampton actually going to play at Union's field or will this game be played somewhere else like the Richmond City Stadium?

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
"The two private HBCUs, located an hour apart in Virginia, have a four-year deal that will include Hampton traveling to Richmond in a revival of the Gold Bowl."

So is Hampton actually going to play at Union's field or will this game be played somewhere else like the Richmond City Stadium?

City stadium has field turf for soccer. They won't play there.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
What was the purpose of this article?

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
They could have started by explaining why they decided to leave the MEAC. I've read varying reasons such as a desire to participate in playoffs then another read says travel expenses?

I have personally heard Harvey say it was the coaches idea... Smh which we know is not true. He was hell bent on leaving the MEAC for a white conference and finally got the opportunity.

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I ain't gonna lie: the excitement at our games has been...somebody give me a "no doze" sleeping tablet. Yawn...

Online JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Another Tennessee State.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

City stadium has field turf for soccer. They won't play there.

Well,,,,,VUU is getting field turf for it's stadium,,,,,,,,so I would assume the game's being played at VUU.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Hillman Homecoming 2020!!!
    • View Profile
I know the Pirates have conference teams to schedule, I just don't get how you are not scheduling your Battle of the Bay rivals regularly and they're about 30 minutes away.    :shrug:

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

>