News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The Banker  (Read 65 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
The Banker
« on: December 02, 2019, 09:34:10 AM »
Who going to see it?

🖐🏿

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Banker
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 06:31:53 PM »
No one. It has been pulled from release.  There are articles about this on Onnidan. 

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:56:11 PM »
No one. It has been pulled from release.  There are articles about this on Onnidan.

Why you tryin' me? It was pulled from screening and had a delayed released. Keep up...

It also intended to give “The Banker” a limited release beginning Dec. 6...

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/apple-the-banker-sex-abuse-scandal-anthony-mackie-samuel-l-jackson-1203420929/

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »
I thought it was coming on AppleTV before being pulled. :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 01:58:08 AM »
I thought it was coming on AppleTV before being pulled. :shrug:

I don't know why snake is trippin today. Apple pulled it and currently there are no plans for it's release until they work through the issues. They pulled it from AppleTV as well until further notice. Some of the material is not factually  correct and then there is the MeToo thingy. You can blame Kevin Spacey for Apple's actions.

Off-screen controversy has previously affected an AFI Fest closing-night film: In 2017, Sony pulled “All the Money in the World” amid allegations of sexual assault against its star, Kevin Spacey. Ridley Scott eventually reshot Spacey’s scenes, replacing the actor with Christopher Plummer.

What are the accusations?

Cynthia Garrett, a former VH1 and MTV interviewer and founder of Cynthia Garrett Ministries, is one of the daughters of Bernard Garrett Sr. (played by Mackie). In a statement, she accuses her half brother, Bernard Garrett Jr., of repeatedly sexually abusing her and her sister when they were girls. She also accuses Garrett Jr. of misrepresenting their father’s life story. She called the project “an exploitative orientation of our family."
Garrett Jr., who had been reportedly listed as a producer on the film, appeared onstage alongside the director during a Nov. 5 IndieWire event.

This week, Garrett Jr. publicly denied the accusations. “These charges against me are deeply humiliating and frustrating because I can never prove how false they are,” he said in a statement published by Deadline. He added that he removed his name from the movie credits and stepped away from the project “so as to not tarnish my father’s Legacy.”

The siblings are also in a public dispute related to Garrett Sr.'s marriage to his second wife, who is the mother of Cynthia and her sister but is not portrayed in the film.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News