News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Will Bowie be this years HBCU football champs?  (Read 657 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Will Bowie be this years HBCU football champs?
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »
Due to their 11-1 record or will the CB winner take it?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Will Bowie be this years HBCU football champs?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 12:22:05 AM »
Bowie will probably get it.  I think FAMU would get it over the CB winner.  Remember if it wasn't for the probation they would be in the CB.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:47:56 AM »
I doubt it. They lost in the first round of the playoffs. But I do have a question. Does being the HBCU Champs mean the writers think that your school that year could beat any HBCU in the nation or is it because you had the most wins in a season?

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:00:39 AM »
I doubt it. They lost in the first round of the playoffs. But I do have a question. Does being the HBCU Champs mean the writers think that your school that year could beat any HBCU in the nation or is it because you had the most wins in a season?

What a great question. I think our best HBCU DII teams could compete with our DI brothers in some years... but not this year, FAMU and A&T or much better than any of our DIIs.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »
 ;D

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:07 AM »
I think BSU fans maybe disappointed.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:27:43 PM »
Bowie will probably get it.  I think FAMU would get it over the CB winner.  Remember if it wasn't for the probation they would be in the CB.

Nah not after that loss Sat

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »
I don’t think D2 and D1 HBCUs should be tossed in the same basket in regards to NC. There should be a a NC for each division.  Just this poster’s humbled opinion. 
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »
I don’t think D2 and D1 HBCUs should be tossed in the same basket in regards to NC. There should be a a NC for each division.  Just this poster’s humbled opinion.

I agree.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 01:44:36 PM »
 :popcorn:
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »

If that's the case then there should be a Championship game. We tried that with the Pioneer Bowl. One sided attendance. Cold weather. Let's just leave it as it is. Let TRF and Powell Polls decide our Champion.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »

Nah not after that loss Sat
We will see, but it won't be because of that lost IMHO.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »

If that's the case then there should be a Championship game. We tried that with the Pioneer Bowl. One sided attendance. Cold weather. Let's just leave it as it is. Let TRF and Powell Polls decide our Champion.
Powell Poll  :o  You play too much!! :lol:

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »

:tiptoe: Well, you see I finally caved to my audience's wishes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 08:29:34 AM by Oldschoolram »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 09:08:52 AM »

Exactly , everyone screams they want this game and that game but then you don't attend it. Makes no sense

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News